Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everton haven't been out of the top League in 60 years, quite a record that.
I think they might hang on
I posted in the wags thread, that I think it'll be Leicester/Leeds. As I think Everton will get 3 points maybe 4, Forest/Leeds I see getting 1 point and I cant see Leicester getting any.
Thats the thing with Football though anything can happen.

Reactions: 5
City playing at 2pm tomorrow. I stupidly planned my day tomorrow thinking they played at 4pm as I checked the time of the game whilst I was abroad with a 2hour+ time difference. Only just realised 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I posted in the wags thread, that I think it'll be Leicester/Leeds. As I think Everton will get 3 points maybe 4, Forest/Leeds I see getting 1 point and I cant see Leicester getting any.
Thats the thing with Football though anything can happen.
Definitely.
Who would have thought Bournemouth would go on a run, Forest too have given themselves a good chance of staying up.

Reactions: 1
Gotta face it. The only way to get on these days is if your club is owned by a Middle East government, state or royal family. Sportswashing at its finest 😞

Reactions: 5
Gotta face it. The only way to get on these days is if your club is owned by a Middle East government, state or royal family. Sportswashing at its finest 😞
I think what annoys me the most is that fans of these clubs cant just admit they are more successful because they have more money.

Admittedly I dont support a team in the EPL but its the same in Scotland where these fans say things like 'your team needs to seek more investement to compete' 🤯 i cannot put into words what an idiotic statement it is. Like there are just billionaires on every corner willing to pump money in to lower league football teams. Cmon now.

As a caveat I recognise there are clubs like Chelsea who spend billions and still struggling to grind out a win. Yes it does also take good recruitment but having a huge financial advantage is the key, more so now than its ever been.

Reactions: 4
I'd sooner be unsuccessful than know I was sitting in a stadium built by blood money watching blood money run around on the pitch.

We are a poorly run club for 100 different reasons but we are run on honest money. And I don't say this just because we are about to get relegated (said it all along) the lower leagues are much more fun, no var, proper football grounds, players who genuinely care about their clubs and aren't just there for £100k a week and happy to sit on the bench for it, fans who know what happened to their club in 1976 vs fans who only came out of the woodwork in 2018, competitive leagues and so on.

Football sold its soul in 1992. The Premier League have since allowed clubs to sell their souls because it works for them.

Meh, you can shove your Dirham up your arse.

Reactions: 3
I'd sooner be unsuccessful than know I was sitting in a stadium built by blood money watching blood money run around on the pitch.

We are a poorly run club for 100 different reasons but we are run on honest money. And I don't say this just because we are about to get relegated (said it all along) the lower leagues are much more fun, no var, proper football grounds, players who genuinely care about their clubs and aren't just there for £100k a week and happy to sit on the bench for it, fans who know what happened to their club in 1976 vs fans who only came out of the woodwork in 2018, competitive leagues and so on.

Football sold its soul in 1992. The Premier League have since allowed clubs to sell their souls because it works for them.

Meh, you can shove your Dirham up your arse.
Agree with absolutely all of that. Back in the 90’s I used to like Man City as a club. Our shared dislike of the red side kind of bonded us. I liked Newcastle too, shared players and a down to earth fan base.
I said to my husband yesterday (he’s a Burnley fan) would Leeds fans roll over and accept being owned by a Middle Eastern country if it meant success ? I’d like to think not. I’d like to think that the fans watching in my local pub would have something to say about the blood money, but I’m not sure they would. Could I still support a club whose owners support slavery and beheading and persecuting gays ?
I would hope that there would be as much pushback as there was from other clubs fans to the idea of the ‘super league’.

For now I’ve got everything crossed we survive relegation, but it’s not likely and tbh I do enjoy the Championship. It seems more honest and closer to what football was before the big money took over.

I mean regarding the super league I think all fans were against it even the ones of the clubs included

Reactions: 2
I honestly think there would be uproar at Leeds if any blood money tried to buy in, if they thought BadgeGate was bad and the complete refusal of that manager earlier this year whose name escapes me right now they haven't seen nothing yet. We really need the 49ers to complete the takeover. I bet Radrizanni is regretting not selling last year when the club was with more. We will be much cheaper in the Championship. As long as Marathe gets a controlling share, they have 46% at the moment so a fair chunk. Just need to get over the line.
---
We would give up or five season tickets if a blood money start from us over. There is no way I would put money into that.

As a Leicester supporter I can safely say we won’t get another point this season. We’re an abomination.

Reactions: 2
I think Leeds will do something stupid like win another game but still go down. West Ham looked awful today, I read they are playing 7 ganes in 21 days. They play again in that Farmers Lwague before they play us next Sunday.

This is stressful. But imagine being a boring mid table team just there to make up the numbers with nothing to worry about.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.