Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know the odd thing I've been hearing lately is China's response to the west lecturing them on climate change is that they are yet to go through their own industrial revolution, whereas we have. How does that even make sense? It's only been the last what, 50 years that we've truly benefited from the industrial revolution. The poor fuckers working in the factories across britain, especially up north hardly benefitted from it. China have came along and benefitted themselves from all the tit we buy from them, so that response doesn't hold much weight. All the ideas from industrial revolution and onwards have been copied by other countries to benefit themselves, especially the large countries.

Reactions: 1
Absolutely sick of them now tbh. They make a load of mess wherever they go and they’re so irritating they’re undermining their cause (which is an important one) because people don’t want to listen to them when they behave the way they do. Just a load of privileged anarchists really, seem to have nothing better to do.

Reactions: 10
I don’t know even know what they’re protesting about anymore, they’re just causing chaos for the sake of it. But we’re talking about them, so I guess they’ve got what they want - attention!

Reactions: 6
If this mob and Greta are fronting the climate change movement then the Earth is doomed.
I was never clicking with Greta and her shouting at people but she lost me forever when she said she "didn't care" about celebrities flying around in private jets because she wasn't telling people what to do.

I know she's barely out of childhood, but FFS. How can even one person find her worthy of listening to after that?

I don’t know even know what they’re protesting about anymore, they’re just causing chaos for the sake of it. But we’re talking about them, so I guess they’ve got what they want - attention!
Supposedly their aim is to cause annoyance to the extent that the government will listen to their demands, or something like that.

I just see a vile mob hijacking a critical issue to get away with murder, at this point.

Last edited:
Even if the UK was carbon minus, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference to climate change.

Therefore why aren't these fools protesting in the countries that cause the highest levels of pollution?

Reactions: 8
I also question why XR were allowed to publicly advertise this latest demonstration through official advertising channels.

I mean, I saw their full size propaganda in Bus Stop advertising spaces, plus on advertising hoardings.

If you are trying to deter such mass chaos in London, why allow the Organisers to so blatantly advertise it.

‐------

I walked past the previous XR encampment in Trafalgar Square. The whole place stunk of cannabis. Of course these idiots don't see the irony of protesting about climate change, when smoking cannabis - a drug that takes very high amounts of energy to harvest.

Utter hypocrites, whom need to be told as much.

Much like the XR founder. A Doctor whom drives a diesel motor, yet claims she can't afford an electric vehicle.

YEAH RIGHT!

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I agree that climate change needs tackling but this lot of idiots aren’t going to achieve anything(apart from pissing people off)x

Reactions: 5
I agree that climate change needs tackling but this lot of idiots aren’t going to achieve anything(apart from pissing people off)x
I agree.

However there are ways and means of doing so, without pissing off the very people you are trying to get on board.

I mean, how is glueing yourself to a train going to help the cause, when public transport is one of the greenest ways of getting about. You just end up pissing off all those delayed as a result.

No wonder the people doing that were getting threats from irate commuters - I would be pretty annoyed too.

Reactions: 4
Much like the XR founder. A Doctor whom drives a diesel motor, yet claims she can't afford an electric vehicle.
She ought to use public transport or get a bike on the cycle scheme if she can’t afford an electric car. Oops, I forgot, they’re ‘viable solutions’ reserved for plebs 🤥 Does anyone know what model of car it is? Her excuse was she needs it to take her kids to football/rugby matches 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Upper middle class prats with too much free time on their hands looking for a bit of attention.

Their end goals are unrealistic at best, and it’s strange that they don’t openly criticise China or India.

Pay them no mind and they will move on to the next “cause” that’s in fashion.

Reactions: 9
Yes - it was their co-founder who appeared on a radio show today and got a right grilling from the host and it was uncovered that she used a diesel car. Apparently can't afford to get an electric. Neither can many of us!
Yes didn't she admit she had a holiday in Costa Rica quite recently too?
Her thrust, when cornered, seemed to be that it wasn't up to the individual to have to change but that government should enforce change. So why then target individuals going about their lawful business? Why should they have to change? No sense.

Last time the bloody idiots glued themselves to electric trains - possibly the greenest and least polluting public transport you can get 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Upper middle class prats with too much free time on their hands looking for a bit of attention.

Their end goals are unrealistic at best, and it’s strange that they don’t openly criticise China or India.

Pay them no mind and they will move on to the next “cause” that’s in fashion.
Plus workshy soap dodgers who spend their lives moving from protest, to protest at our expense.

They are a bunch of trustafarian idiots who just want to cause a load of trouble. The people who don't want to do anything about climate change are delighted with them because they are turning so many people against them. Technology causes 10% of global emissions. Will they be getting the new iPhone when it comes out? Will they stop buying new clothes when they see a cheap top in Primark? They want the government to do something because they know that something will be tax, which they can afford,so they can carry on going on their skiing trips and gap years.It is not constructive at all. If everyone acts on things like reducing meat consumption, reducing plastic use etc we can make a difference. XR just go on marches just to agitate.

Reactions: 10
My answer to all of this is 'stop buying cheap mass produced crap from China'.

Yes I turn off lights when I go out if a room and recycle as much as possible. Can't afford a holiday so I don't think that my carbon footprint is particularly large. There's actually not much else I can do except boycott buying rubbish goods that have been shipped halfway across the world from the world's biggest polluter.

Reactions: 8
Even if the UK was carbon minus, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference to climate change.

Therefore why aren't these fools protesting in the countries that cause the highest levels of pollution?
Because they are doing what bullies always do, going after the weakest. Could you imagine these bedwetters in communist China or Russia? They wouldn't dare.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Because they are doing what bullies always do, going after the weakest. Could you imagine these bedwetters in communist China or Russia? They wouldn't dare.
Like all raging SJW's they just go after soft targets

The arrogance of them is unreal. They don't care about the planet they just want to make rich people poor. Absolute morons.