Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed watching the Mallen Baker talks, he has some great videos interviewing Roger Hallam (who has always been about the money) on youtube, as well as offering discussion on Greta Thunberg

Reactions: 1
I would love it if they were genuine, but most of them are not. It's just a new, cool rebellious thing for kids to do. They'd be better off staying at home and growing vegetables on an allotment instead of travelling hundreds of miles in clapped out cars spewing black smoke, camping out and making a mess, and buying snacks and coffee in single use plastic packaging instead of packing their own. I've seen all this with my own eyes. They leave tit tonnes of rubbish behind too. Also, the UK government has already declared a climate emergency, as has most of Europe. Why don't they go in protest in Brazil and China, lets see how far they get there. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone follow Ben Brown? A Youtuber who shouts about Extinction Rebellion but is constantly flying back and forth between London and South Africa, as well as other counties like Saudi Arabia... When anyone calls him out, he attacks them and says he can only try his best. The hypocrisy makes my blood boil.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This group get right on my knockers. Doing their stupid protests that's costing us millions for policing is just not logical and preventing people who actually work and put in to the system and stopping many getting where they need to be is not the right tactic. Affect the core, not the people.

Reactions: 4
What do people think about them? I supported them initially but when they started to do things like block ambulances en route to hospital and not give a tit, vandalise buildings, glue themselves to commuter trains in a poor working class area, etc, they lost me.

I think they are actually just a load of anarchists for whom a good day out is creating chaos and misery for everyone they hold in contempt - ie the average person who is just trying to live their own life and go about their day.

At this point I think they should be banned by the government from their reign of terror and I 100% support the right to peaceful protest but they are not about that.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Let's see what happens with their lastest round of "action" as they call it.

Reactions: 12
I am all for a peaceful protest but like you I was disappointed when they starting climbing on trains.

I have spoken to colleagues who have been in the City today and have not seen or heard of them at all today.

I am going into the City tomorrow, hopefully I will not cross paths with them.

Reactions: 2
I drove under a bridge they'd defaced yesterday. Extinction Rebellion is nothing but a nuisance and they are allowed to get away with too much.

Reactions: 13
I agree that something needs to be done to make everyone start taking the climate crisis seriously but they are not going about it the right way at all. I don't see how their actions actually bring attention to the issues and they certainly don't get people onside.

They always strike me as a bunch of privileged, middle class anarchists who have the luxury of the time to arse about causing trouble and are about as much in touch with the concerns of ordinary people as the governments they claim to hold in contempt. I don't have much time for extremists of any type.

Reactions: 20
Their cause is great but their actions border on criminal activity sometimes. I don’t agree with blocking of major roads or smashing up Barclays Bank. That’s not making people want to like you. They’re no different to the thugs and rioters who burned down stuff for the sake of it during the BLM marches.

I got caught up in one of their London demos (I think it was around Marble Arch) in 2019. Some chap appeared to have glued himself on the road causing all sorts of delays and chaos. They did another protest in another city blocking a bridge which was a major route into the city. It made a friend almost miss her shift at work. The blocking also caused major major traffic jams.

Reactions: 3
If this mob and Greta are fronting the climate change movement then the Earth is doomed.

Reactions: 13
Irritating little student fuckwits who have no experience of the real world and believe all the hysterical nonsense spouted by eco-nutter outlets like the Guardian and the BBC. Best ignored.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Global warming is a really serious issue that we need to be tackling, but I think they need to try another route other than annoying the general population to be heard.
Our benevolent overlords won’t listen to them regardless of how many London junctions they block up

Reactions: 5
Well they are going about it wrong. I agree that the government need to do more about the environment. I myself would like to live in a country that focuses on protecting the environment to the highest standards possible. When you read reports like this:

it is infuriating. I have even wrestled with the idea of voting for the Greens. A healthy environment is always going to benefit us as a species. I'm not against extinction rebellion, but I also don't like or support the way they go about bringing awareness.

The cause is massively important and it seems the only way to get Goverments to actually do something about climate change is people power. But although I support the cause 110%, Extinction Rebellion are damaging their argument by being yobs, breaking laws and basically being complete twats.

They're reducing the support for this issue and that's unforgivable. I cannot understand how they are too stupid to realise this. I'm so angry with them, because they are sabotaging, arguably the most important issue on the planet. I wish they'd just grow up, because they are causing almost as much damage to this cause as a coal fired power station.

• Heart
E06FE5F7-2159-4A65-9BC4-034DA8A2B6FA.jpeg

Bunch of hypocritcal twats. They have a livestock/dairy farmer subsection to their pathetic movement. Says it all. They and Greta use way more fossil fuels than me so I won’t be lectured by them.

They care as much about global warming as I do about golf (and I hate golf). For the rent-a-gobs it’s just something to feed their egos, they don’t care what damage they’re doing to the message.

Reactions: 10
Hasn't their leader been found of having a diesel car? Which is now considered bad for the environment?

I've always cared about the environment. I do my recycling. I'm careful with energy consumption. I drive small car etc.

I will not take advice from a mob that cause more damage than good. Do they not realise that these protests mean cars will just be sat there pumping out more fumes? Its just beyond stupid.

Hasn't their leader been found of having a diesel car? Which is now considered bad for the environment?
Yes - it was their co-founder who appeared on a radio show today and got a right grilling from the host and it was uncovered that she used a diesel car. Apparently can't afford to get an electric. Neither can many of us!

I'd be interested to know the background of these protesters. Do they or have they ever lived an enjoyable life?
They have spoken about wanting to cut flights completely. How boring would that be. While I'm alive I want to enjoy life and experience other countries & cultures when I can, which involves flying. If I was to take a train or ship to some place like Asia or Africa, it would take up my entire holiday time lol. What kind of fun is that.

Of the XR protestors, I'd love to know how many drive/get driven to these protests. How many take more environmentally friendly forms of transport?

My mother and sister are nowhere near XR level but it drives me crazy when they talk about being environmental despite driving everywhere and rarely taking the train or even walking (despite living in urban areas in Central Scotland where many things are walking distance or accessible by trains, most of which are electric). It's so hypocritical and I bet that's the attitude of many environmental activists. Until they sort that out, there's no way I can take them seriously.