Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I'm quite sure any old school green subscribers to greenpeace will be unsubscribing as we speak. Obviously being run now by the same lot as those fringe groups.

Reactions: 3

Somersetvibes

Chatty Member
Thing that REALLY gets me. Causes disruption to the M25 So how many cars/vans/lorries were sat idling?
Did they all walk to the protest, or did they drive/train/taxi?
And before they bitch at the regular commuter, how about shouting at China/India/US? While we are all being forced into Green, the rest of the world??

BasilRathbon

Greta is possibly the most annoying child in the world. 😐
I agree, there's something strangely robotic about her.

Why isn't she doing what normal teenage girls do, like hanging around parks drinking strong cider and getting fingered by boys?

• Haha

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
They've suspended their protests until the 25th but something like this was always going to happen - next time it might be worse.

• Wow

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Here (Germany) tampering with transport has already happened. In my city alone, multiple times, these weirdos have slashed tires of "big cars" during the night, which helps exactly nobody. Victims need minimally 1 new tire, but more likely they need 2 (you need to changed by axis..) or even all 4 replaced, often perfectly good ones. Saw one victim down the road, it was basically a new tire they slashed. nobody is going to get rid of their car because of this either. Some of those absolute tools also slashed electric cars, which I thought were all the rage for them.
thing is, do they want everyone to go back to using horse and cart? Or would the vegan contingent of Just Stop Oil say that's banned too? No offence to normal vegans, I'm just jabbing at these activist versions who don't actually come up with any solutions and everything is 'bad for the environment'.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member

From the article.

The act makes it illegal to conspire to disrupt national infrastructure.

🤔
now they can arrest them before a crime has been committed but for the last few years they have said that they couldn't make arrests until a crime was committed 🙃

Lonette

I think they just didn't get the difference between that and getting people to take notice.
Some of them come across as utterly demented in that you can tell from the way they talk they are just mindlessly spouting off like a hardcore religious fanatic would, and I am someone who does believe that climate change is a real and genuine threat we need to be concerned about and do what we reasonably can to assist the planet.

I think Roger Hallam is at least in part to blame for how extreme and out of touch the movement has become.

IngressUK

VIP Member
The spokespersons they have are just awful. And presumably they're the most articulate of them? The guy on nick Ferrari was rude and failed to get a single point across. And I'm someone who often supports more impactful protests.
Many of us support the cause in principle, just not the way they go about it.

There are ways and means of protesting without having to impact on people going about their daily business.

The people I have seen on GMB from IB come across as clueless and utterly hypocritical.

Last edited:

neroli

VIP Member
Soon there will be a boom in climate anxiety therapists who will emerge to treat all the vulnerable young people who have been brainwashed by all the doom mongering and Greta Thunberg adulation...Big Business.

After WW2 I wonder whether people ruminated on the aftermath of all the bombing and the effects this had on the planet?My guess is that they were too busy trying to rebuild their lives. As you say,Scotch Mist, there always has to be something to scare us.At least Covid gave us a break from climate change lecturing.

• Heart

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Yeah it washes off and all but I wouldn't fancy copping a lung full of that orange stuff like it seemed one woman did.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
The whole theatre disruption thing is so dreadfully middle class.

I feared they didn't have the courage of their convictions in a prior post. Looks like I'm right.

• Haha

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
The planet will be fine regardless of what we do to it. It might not support human life eventually but it will still be the Earth, and will probably appreciate a break from the humans scurrying all over it.

Climate protestors are really worried about themselves, not the Earth. Just admit it!
I agree the earth and its inhabitants are constantly evolving. When we are gone another life form will take our place. It would only take a few thousand years for all traces of mankind to be eradicated.

Of course I don't think we should be polluting the earth and we should be doing better with our waste. Its sad when any species of animal becomes extinct, however I don't understand the arrogance of people who believe that anything I do in my tiny insignificant life makes an iota of difference.

• Heart

neroli

VIP Member
I'd like smartphones to be revealed as a major cause of climate change. That would shut them all up.