Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t think of anything worse than sitting with company more absorbed in their phones, while listening to after-dinner speakers delivering speeches in list format. That and the utterly terrible decor. What is the attraction?
And all of them in their 30’s. So boring

Reactions: 2
I can’t understand why Anna was speaking to a group of invited, privileged women, her campaign is better than that. The Flex Appeal campaign is brilliant but it needs to be aimed at women with ‘real’ jobs. Jobs like in call centres, women in retail, office workers, women working in the construction industry like me. Not influencers and faux-marketing ‘professionals’ with little experience of the real world.

Half of these guests earn money, selling an unobtainable dream to women that are potentially cleaning bleeping toilets for a living and the only flexibility they require is the ability to curl the back of their hair with their gifted dyson hair dryer. I’m disappointed.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I can’t understand why Anna was speaking to a group of invited, privileged women, her campaign is better than that. The Flex Appeal campaign is brilliant but it needs to be aimed at women with ‘real’ jobs. Jobs like in call centres, women in retail, office workers, women working in the construction industry like me. Not influencers and faux-marketing ‘professionals’ with little experience of the real world.

Half of these guests earn money, selling an unobtainable dream to women that are potentially cleaning bleeping toilets for a living and the only flexibility they require is the ability to curl the back of their hair with their gifted dyson hair dryer. I’m disappointed.
I was surprised to see her there, I thought she had successfully pulled away from this group.

Reactions: 8
Why did she mention that they are all in their 30s? I'm in my early 40s and it immediately made me think that this lot have nothing in common with me, which is daft of her really.
Most of them look in their 40’s. Telford must be 42/43 really.

Reactions: 6
I wouldn't let her host a 1 year old's birthday party. Any mistakes she makes she blames on other things, live the Mac event she went to. Put the information on her stories and got some of the information wrong and blamed it on having a baby.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I wondered about that even too. What was the point? It’s an echo chamber. I had to unfollow MP as I found her very contrived. She does pop up here when she’s mentioned though *waves*

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wondered about that even too. What was the point? It’s an echo chamber. I had to unfollow MP as I found her very contrived. She does pop up here when she’s mentioned though *waves*
She pops up on Mumsnet when she’s mentioned too 👋

I know she has a good rep for “not being like the other Instamums” but frankly I’ve never been convinced. The ads, the way her entire family set up “pukka” accounts, the stupid book...

And yet another posh white ex-journalist! It really is no coincidence that these women find it so easily to become influencers.

Reactions: 9
I was surprised to see her there, I thought she had successfully pulled away from this group.
me too..i had noticed she doesnt seem to be hanging out with DLAM MOD anymore..

her flex appeal campaign is important as im as a mum of older children (who in my opinion sometimes need you more than when they were tiny) so im trying to get work flexibility ..

Reactions: 6
How has she become a body positivity campaigner? I'm sure she was all leanin15 not long ago....

Reactions: 2
How has she become a body positivity campaigner? I'm sure she was all leanin15 not long ago....
Hate to say it, but it all smacks a little of desperation - need to whip up some engagement therefore I will pose in my undies. I’m all for acceptance of realistic body types, but Clemmie must put out hundreds of photos of herself in her underwear on IG via her grid or stories. Is really nothing private? Cant imagine having an important meeting and knowing that people could have seen me semi naked - what will her kids think in later years? And her kids’ friends? I’m honestly not a prude, but just getting bored of the ‘whip it off and shove it in your face’ brigade 🤷🏼‍♀️

What I can’t stand is the whole ‘inclusivity’ and ‘diversity’ bollocks on there. No it isn’t. Sure, there are people of different cultures and races, there is a token man and woman with a disability. But where’s the working class woman, where’s the woman that’s getting up at the crack of sparrow fart to get her kids ready for school so she can go and earn minimum wage, the one who gets kindly gifted duck all, the one who is wondering how she can make a nutritious meal for her family for ten bob? Where is the man that’s been plastering his arse off all day, picking bogies out of his nose from the plaster dust to pay his bills and afford his kids new school uniform for the beginning of the new term.

Nothing bleeping diverse or inclusive about that lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Because she frequently poses in hideous outfits, and will bend over to show you her ass, there’s nothing brave about her in her underwear. It’s not brave or empowering, it’s all over the gram. She’s always sitting in her pants with her kids (why) and I just feel people must look at her and think what are you doing with yourself? Just do desperate. She hasn’t the attractiveness of MOD, the intelligence of motherpukka, the likeabilty of muthahood, she’s just some middle class wannabe. (I’m aware others may not like those igers) but it’s an example. And by her husband being on full time paternity leave, this is her job, I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 7
‘Body positive’ shoots like this are an absolute nonsense. What is real about a bunch of women, bronzed to the standards of turkeys at Christmas, being made up by make up artists, posed in flattering angles, and photographed by professionals under excellent studio lighting? No reflection of how they really look first thing on a Monday morning while on the school run.

Light skinned black women are rolled to show how ‘diverse’ the campaign is. It is like claiming that Beyoncé is representative of all black women. What about the black women with two black parents? Asian women rarely make an appearance, probably because brands think they have fully represented WOC with a couple of mixed race women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Most of them look in their 40’s. Telford must be 42/43 really.
I think she’s just been in the sun too much it’s given her that old craggy face look. I think we’d all hear about it once she turns 40.
Can’t wait for Bestival cringefest!

• Haha
Also, she conveniently neglects to mention it's an ad for a self tanning product, under the guise of a body positivity 'movement'. Grossly cynical, exploitative, contradictory. Also hilarious that in going for the diversity angle, all the models have come out looking the same weird orangey tone in that photo!

Reactions: 7
Wtf!! It was an add!!!

How do I go about reporting this as there is no add info?

Because she frequently poses in hideous outfits, and will bend over to show you her ass, there’s nothing brave about her in her underwear. It’s not brave or empowering, it’s all over the gram. She’s always sitting in her pants with her kids (why) and I just feel people must look at her and think what are you doing with yourself? Just do desperate. She hasn’t the attractiveness of MOD, the intelligence of motherpukka, the likeabilty of muthahood, she’s just some middle class wannabe. (I’m aware others may not like those igers) but it’s an example. And by her husband being on full time paternity leave, this is her job, I just don’t get it.
Couldn’t agree more! You’ve perfectly summed up how I feel- and most probably a lot of other people!

What I can’t stand is the whole ‘inclusivity’ and ‘diversity’ bollocks on there. No it isn’t. Sure, there are people of different cultures and races, there is a token man and woman with a disability. But where’s the working class woman, where’s the woman that’s getting up at the crack of sparrow fart to get her kids ready for school so she can go and earn minimum wage, the one who gets kindly gifted duck all, the one who is wondering how she can make a nutritious meal for her family for ten bob? Where is the man that’s been plastering his arse off all day, picking bogies out of his nose from the plaster dust to pay his bills and afford his kids new school uniform for the beginning of the new term.

Perfectly summed up. Couldn’t agree more. She’s a disgrace and so is the so called campaign.

I've reported it.. Makes me mad that it's nothing to do with body positivity. It's fake tan!!!!! Hidden paid partnership /paid profit making off people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.