Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she pay people for their time? I would hope so.
There was someone (on this thread I think) who said she was asked to do a piece and sent it with photos and had no response. Certainly no payment.

Reactions: 2
I suppose Clemmie thinks she’s opening up her audience to people with interesting stories to tell, and they want to increase follower count or raise awareness. The arrangement is mutually beneficial and I understand that. Does Clemmie make money from the lists e.g. sponsorship?

Totally random to call them lists though. Nothing about them is list-like apart from the bullet points dividing normal paragraphs.

bleeping hell she's so lazy and unprofessional. No proofing or editing. And 1500 words is too long for a bleeping list. I'm not sure if she monetises her blog but she's definitely earning money and getting freebies from it indirectly. So like her mate, Clemmie, she's profiting from other people's lives and trauma, with minimal effort on her part. She can't even get her own email right. It's the ultimate in white privilege

Reactions: 7
It’s the same as Molly at Selfish Mother. She doesn’t pay bloggers to feature their content either. And, unsurprisingly enough, she’s another white, privileged, photogenic, marketable “face” who reaps all of the rewards of being an influencer while the people who do the grunt work for nothing but “exposure” are forgotten as soon as the reader finishes their piece. It all seems very exploitative to me.

Reactions: 11
It’s the same as Molly at Selfish Mother. She doesn’t pay bloggers to feature their content either. And, unsurprisingly enough, she’s another white, privileged, photogenic, marketable “face” who reaps all of the rewards of being an influencer while the people who do the grunt work for nothing but “exposure” are forgotten as soon as the reader finishes their piece. It all seems very exploitative to me.
Selfish mother is equally bad.

Reactions: 4
I find that Clemmie Telford comes across as very insecure. She’s constantly seeking reassurance about EVERYTHING from her followers and I actually think she’s too insecure to be in the position she’s in on Instagram! Plus- the constant gurning, very random and uninteresting content (“can you see my crotch if I bend over in this dress?”) makes her come across as really unprofessional. I’m shocked that she has a job at Facebook! And on a personal note- I can’t stand the shots of her scruffy untidy house!!!! She may be a MOD single white female but she needs to take some tips from MOD in the tidyness/organisation department. Her house looks to be an unorganised tip! Not shocked that it hasn’t sold. Rant over :)

Reactions: 4
I think the same re her house. It seems to be a house where DIY projects were started but not completed. The white painted floors are awful - they need to be redone. She might find a buyer quicker if she sanded back the floorboards and laquered/varnished/stained them. And I can’t fathom shots of her sitting around in her underwear.

She’s at it again.

Maybe do some research yourself!? Next time I need to make some decisions at work I’ll just pop on instagram stories and ask, I’m sure that will go down well with my colleagues.

Agree that she’s totally unprofessional and clueless.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
She’s at it again.

Maybe do some research yourself!? Next time I need to make some decisions at work I’ll just pop on instagram stories and ask, I’m sure that will go down well with my colleagues.

Agree that she’s totally unprofessional and clueless.
She doesn’t even meet up with them from what I gather! She just gets them to email everything. So what effort does she actually put into her day “job”? She comes across as really lazy in all aspects of her life that she exposes. You’d think somebody close to her would tell her the truth about how she’s coming across. Everybody I know who follows her, follows her to take the piss 😂 they have a group chat about her!

Reactions: 3
Some of the lists are genuinely interesting and the writers have clearly put so much thought and heart into them. But then they are ruined by not being proofed or edited properly. It means some parts of the lists don't make sense, due to a simple typo or missing word. I'm a writer and know how important editors are. Clemmie is letting her writers down.

Reactions: 8
Some of the lists (I only read the odd one) have lead me to to follow some good ‘real’ people with amazing stories. But it is sick that she’s profiting and DOES NOTHING. She’s so lazy.

Reactions: 5
I hate the lists, they’re so clunky and disjointed. I’d rather read about these topics in a properly well thought out and detailed article.

Her podcast is excruciatingly painfully to listen to. She’s not a natural public speaker/broadcaster and it shows. Just jumping on the podcast bandwagon

HOW CAN SHE BE SO CARELESS. She is lazy and only concerned about herself.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.