Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree, I don’t think it was her having a chance for some attention - I think she was speaking from a personal perspective, she’s mentioned incontinence issues before and finally doing something about them. I’m not a MOD fan, but come on. Sometimes I swear she can’t do right for bloody wrong here sometimes.

Wasn’t this shoot the one that she had a professional spray tan for? A bit misleading that they are all looking bronzed to advertise a self tan when actually they’ve all had professional spray tans? I love the product that they’re advertising but this seriously puts me off.

Reactions: 1
I disagree, I don’t think it was her having a chance for some attention - I think she was speaking from a personal perspective, she’s mentioned incontinence issues before and finally doing something about them. I’m not a MOD fan, but come on. Sometimes I swear she can’t do right for bloody wrong here sometimes.
A year ago I’d have agreed, but she has no authenticity any longer. Everything she does is for engagement. She doesn’t even respond to valid points and questions raised on her own gas&air page. Until she addresses properly all ads and gifts, that she is a full time influencer and NOT a ‘midwife’. Then it’s unlikely she will be seen in a more positive light.

Reactions: 6
In MP's defence....I know she uses the whole 'pukka' family thing as an advertising handle (and yes I do find it vair cringe) but she has always been very transparent about that, and #ads way before the ASA guidelines. She even took the mic out of a few things that she was sent to review.
Her flex appeal does seem to have an impact (or else she fabricates the DMs) and has at least highlighted to many women that they can/should ask for flexible working.
MP is clever, articulate and has a very strong sense of self awareness, unlike the rest of the privately educated brigade that cannot get a grasp on basic spelling. She also respects the privacy of her daughter.
She used her first child a lot until it became apparent it was the wrong thing to do then she wised up pretty quickly .

Reactions: 7
Back to CT - to me it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference that she personally didn't get paid/wasn't obliged to post/charity aspect etc it is all still a huge schill for a self tanning product under the guise of a body positivity campaign and therefore is fundamentally still an ad, regardless of whatever toothless guidelines she references. it's not like that guy just suddenly decided to launch this campaign out of nowhere. Just horribly cynical and murky marketing that taps into whatever latest trend is going, and sadly these muppets lap it up.

Reactions: 4
Ahhh classic Telford. Spends the morning at a baby loss event (which she moaned about getting up early for) and then immediately starts complaining that there's no quiche in the fridge. No perspective, no reflection.

Reactions: 11
Her and MOD always get at their spouses passive aggressively through insta stories. MOD the other week “so FOD let’s the kids sleep in our bed when I’m away” and tags him. Just send him a text! We don’t give a fudge mate!!!! Keep some stuff private because at the moment we know where you live, when you’re on your period, whether you use tampons (no, the cup) Clemmie I don’t give a fudge if Ben has eaten your quiche!!! Go to the shop and get another one!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hey ho, she’s stopped drinking. That might improve her behaviour somewhat. Congratulations. And Hot Cross Mum has also stopped drinking. Congrats to her too. I remember the posts about her drinking while taking anti depressants not being a good idea, from my point of view anyway. Not everyone agreed. If you have mental health problems, and you drink then you owe it to yourself to stop drinking.

Reactions: 2
Hey ho, she’s stopped drinking. That might improve her behaviour somewhat. Congratulations. And Hot Cross Mum has also stopped drinking. Congrats to her too. I remember the posts about her drinking while taking anti depressants not being a good idea, from my point of view anyway. Not everyone agreed. If you have mental health problems, and you drink then you owe it to yourself to stop drinking.
Since I had kids, I’ve not been much of a drinker. Early on I worked out that (for me) being a good parent and being present with my kids did not work with drinking, and I rarely do it. I have no respect or admiration for the wine o clock mummy’s or the gin mummy’s, in fact I just think on the whole they are twats, in the same way if a instamum said at 5 o click she needed a line of coke to get through the evening, it’s all drugs. Get a grip.
Clemmie stopping drinking for 2 months is hardly a pat on the back, she has a baby, how much has she been drinking?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Since I had kids, I’ve not been much of a drinker. Early on I worked out that (for me) being a good parent and being present with my kids did not work with drinking, and I rarely do it. I have no respect or admiration for the wine o clock mummy’s or the gin mummy’s, in fact I just think on the whole they are twats, in the same way if a instamum said at 5 o click she needed a line of coke to get through the evening, it’s all drugs. Get a grip.
Clemmie stopping drinking for 2 months is hardly a pat on the back, she has a baby, how much has she been drinking?
It’s a start. She said in the *list* that she didn’t drink while pregnant nor much since having children. The list was full of spelling errors too. I too hate the wine o’clock mentality. It seems to be in a certain generation of women, 30 to 40 ish. I’m older than that. Being drunk in charge of children is not something to aspire too.

Reactions: 7
It’s a start. She said in the *list* that she didn’t drink while pregnant nor much since having children. The list was full of spelling errors too. I too hate the wine o’clock mentality. It seems to be in a certain generation of women, 30 to 40 ish. I’m older than that. Being drunk in charge of children is not something to aspire too.
I did glance through her ‘list’. She has 3 kids roughly 5 and under, she can’t really have a serious recent issue if she wasn’t drinking. She just wants attention and praise for giving up social drinking at influencer events. The realisation that drinking on a weds when your kids get up at 5.45am doesn’t make you feel great. You don’t need to post it on social media like you’ve given up heroin. Honestly it’s just so irritating. She’s more addicted to Instagram 🤪

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Absolutely agree with this totally!!!

Reactions: 2
Giving up drink is hard. I’d be surprised if she sticks to it. I followed someone else who stopped drinking and was all clean living etc but note she’s back on the sauce now albeit in presumably a more moderate fashion.

Giving up drink is hard. I’d be surprised if she sticks to it. I followed someone else who stopped drinking and was all clean living etc but note she’s back on the sauce now albeit in presumably a more moderate fashion.
It’s not hard unless you have a dependency, giving up smoking is hard if you are a smoker. It concerns me that in this day and age middle aged mummy’s are attempting to normalise the use of a drug on a social media platform, whilst looking after children. If you can’t get past 4.30pm without a large Rose or gin, then you don’t need to brag about it online for reassurance you need help.
Clemmie Telford only stopped breastfeeding a relatively short time ago, if she was drinking so much she needs to give up in that short space of time she must have a massive problem that no list is going to sort out. But unfortunately everything is just for attention and engagement on the gram.

Reactions: 4
I think alcohol dependence, amongst the Instamum type demographic, is a socially acceptable problem to have and one that when you’ve “overcome” it, is an easy way to get a pat on the back and an “oh, she’s so BRAVE” type of reaction.

Remember when NSSN had her huge revelation that she was an alcoholic and needed to stop drinking, and then 6 weeks later had “recovered” enough to have a “cheeky” glass of wine in the evening?

The whole narrative around mums and alcohol needs to change and these mums posting crap about having alcohol problems just for engagement is not helping.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
You can drink and breastfeed though.
It’s not advised. And certainly not in large quantities. It’s not safe to drink and look after a baby and it’s similarly not safe to be breastfeeding if you are drinking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.