Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, she conveniently neglects to mention it's an ad for a self tanning product, under the guise of a body positivity 'movement'.
Mind blown.

Fake tan flies in the face of ‘body positivity’ - no? What about ‘love the skin you are in’? That explains the turkey bronze look they are literally radiating.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s alllll about money! They have been conning us for too long, disguising it about community. E.V.E.R.Y thing they do is for money and attention. The comments above are so true! It’s for fake tan? So they all look same shade of orange? All of this is so unreal it’s laughable. Someone needs to write an instamum sitcom!!

Reactions: 4
She pops up on Mumsnet when she’s mentioned too 👋

I know she has a good rep for “not being like the other Instamums” but frankly I’ve never been convinced. The ads, the way her entire family set up “pukka” accounts, the stupid book...

And yet another posh white ex-journalist! It really is no coincidence that these women find it so easily to become influencers.

Couldn’t agree more plus she has repeatedly made what she calls “mistakes” by aligning herself with campaigns that are so disproportionate in their representation, she calls allll mea culpa on it, people forget and move on. 😑🙄

Reactions: 1
In MP's defence....I know she uses the whole 'pukka' family thing as an advertising handle (and yes I do find it vair cringe) but she has always been very transparent about that, and #ads way before the ASA guidelines. She even took the mic out of a few things that she was sent to review.
Her flex appeal does seem to have an impact (or else she fabricates the DMs) and has at least highlighted to many women that they can/should ask for flexible working.
MP is clever, articulate and has a very strong sense of self awareness, unlike the rest of the privately educated brigade that cannot get a grasp on basic spelling. She also respects the privacy of her daughter.

Reactions: 7
MP can’t spell either. She uses draw for drawer. I get that her campaign is important but flash mobs are not imho how you get taken seriously.

Couldn’t agree more plus she has repeatedly made what she calls “mistakes” by aligning herself with campaigns that are so disproportionate in their representation, she calls allll mea culpa on it, people forget and move on. 😑🙄
I don't think I will ever be able to move past the 'stabby school' comment. True colours showing there.

• Wow
In MP's defence....I know she uses the whole 'pukka' family thing as an advertising handle (and yes I do find it vair cringe) but she has always been very transparent about that, and #ads way before the ASA guidelines. She even took the mic out of a few things that she was sent to review.
Her flex appeal does seem to have an impact (or else she fabricates the DMs) and has at least highlighted to many women that they can/should ask for flexible working.
MP is clever, articulate and has a very strong sense of self awareness, unlike the rest of the privately educated brigade that cannot get a grasp on basic spelling. She also respects the privacy of her daughter.
I really like mother_pukka too. You can tell she’s intelligent and she takes on criticism and holds her hands up if it’s something she may have said or done that offends. I like to believe she is sincere and I believe her & I don’t think it’s all about money with her. MOD, Clemmie H are just unlikeable for so many reasons. I think that is the general consensus isn’t it. We’re all watching the same things and most of us like MP & not the Clemmie’s.

I don't think I will ever be able to move past the 'stabby school' comment. True colours showing there.
Oh yes that was bad 😱 I still remember that and can’t believe she said that. I couldn’t even utter to friends in my local area let alone said it to hundreds of thousands of people

Reactions: 2
Also how is self tan body positive? Surely it is all based on the fact that we are not happy about our bodies and want to be tanned to feel better about them? Totally confused

Reactions: 3
The problem with MP is she makes stupid decisions in the first place. The Hello thing she obviously *didn’t* clock it was all white but when it was pointed out claimed to have been uncomfortable at the time and overwhelmed. She’s promoting tena lady at the minute.

The problem with MP is she makes stupid decisions in the first place. The Hello thing she obviously *didn’t* clock it was all white but when it was pointed out claimed to have been uncomfortable at the time and overwhelmed. She’s promoting tena lady at the minute.
MOD commented on her post calling out how tena lady isn't the solution - I really agree!

Reactions: 4
Don’t get me started on Tena Lady and it’s “Oops! Tee hee!” normalisation of female incontinence. Every time I see an advert on the back of a toilet door I get the rage.

tit like that stops women from seeking help for something that is NOT NORMAL. It may be commonplace, but women should not be expected to put up with incontinence because it’s “just one of those things” that happens with age and childbirth.

Last edited:
MOD commented on her post calling out how tena lady isn't the solution - I really agree!
Yeah I agree with MOD but what she’s said has really irritated me given the ethics of some of the stuff she has promoted in the past. Let’s think - using 2yo twins to promote razors and ‘fanny admin’?! Not ideal.

Plus it’s all very well saying that this stops women seeking help, but what happens if we’ve sort help but the incontinence continues. Sometimes even operations will not sort incontinence problems

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I have incontinence issues going back nearly 2 decades due to childbirth related injuries and whilst TENA are not a solution they have been a lifesaver for me whilst I wait for treatment. I don't know about MOD's trust but in mind waiting lists are long and seeing a consultant once does not solve the problem either. Every HCP I have seen just stresses I.importance of pelvic floor exercises on the first visit, which 15 years later haven't helped either. It's fine for MOD to 'call out' this issue but not everyone can afford to piss themselves on a daily basis for years until they are taken seriously enough to be refer red to a uro-gynae surgeon. So for that reason I'm happy to see MP promoting TENA, urinary incontinence is not taken seriously enough IMO.

Yeah I agree with MOD but what she’s said has really irritated me given the ethics of some of the stuff she has promoted in the past. Using 2yo twins to promote razors and ‘fanny admin’ just for starters
yes good point, MOD probably got narked that MP got in there first. I can just see FOD posting with a pair of TENA pants over his head, mansplaining for us wimmin.

Yeah I agree with MOD but what she’s said has really irritated me given the ethics of some of the stuff she has promoted in the past. Let’s think - using 2yo twins to promote razors and ‘fanny admin’?! Not ideal.

Plus it’s all very well saying that this stops women seeking help, but what happens if we’ve sort help but the incontinence continues. Sometimes even operations will not sort incontinence problems
I don’t think, and didn’t say, that one good comment cancels out all of the issues I/people have with how MOD uses her children and how harmful lots of her ideaology can be. However, I’m pleased she said something as it’s bothered me whenever TENA or whoever ADs come up.

No sometimes incontinence isn’t curable, and if you need it use it! Certainly not suggesting otherwise. Just that for so many women, and so many of these posts there is never any mention of speaking to a HCP and lots of women never mention it to their GP. Not everywhere will have a women’s physio or people can’t afford private sessions/therapies - does that mean we shouldn’t encourage women to speak up and seek help?

Well done to her for commenting, she was dead right.
It’s MOD, she clearly just thought it was her opportunity to get some midwife attention. She’s like an unwanted rash. Everywhere trying to be authoritative and take over. I have issues with continence despite pelvic floor exercises and I’m not ready for surgery (it tends to only last 10years) my mums had it done twice and her scar tissue internally caused huge problems. I think it’s great that these issues are being more widely spoken off with less embarrassment. MP has always been open about these things and I’ve no issue with her. She’s always been clear if an ad is an ad. She’s not dripping in new kitchens and revolting tiles, she always answers comments and dms. She’s funny and playing the game well.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.