Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is her aversion to carpet?! Why is every floor black with massive gaps between the boards?! I'm all for renovating sensitively and making the most of features etc but I don't think those boards looked like they were suitable to me.

Reactions: 2
Please share more of this reno on here! I’ve banned myself from insta as it’s too awful but still love me a hate follow! Don’t really know who this woman is (aside from not being Clemmie/MOD) but agree that floor is awful and will be SO drafty and dusty unless they’ve properly insulated (doubtful) and sealed between the boards.

The kids bathroom. So many practical questions. Why is the mirror shelf so high for little people? Can they even see into it? Can they reach the soap on that super high shelf? Where do the kids put their toothbrushes after use? Why oh why use a glass cabinet so everyone can see the full pharmaceutical needs of the family? Can you really make an interior design feature of toilet roll? I could go on…..

Reactions: 9
It looks like what I'd imagine an operating theatre in the 1900s would look like. Why is so clinical and impractical for children?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have never commented on this thread before and if I’m honest, I don’t mind Clemmie but wow that bathroom! No reachable soap dish - where are the kids toothbrushes? There’s no ledge on the sink for these essentials! Where do they go? In the glass cabinet? Not practical at all, dangerous and will be a king sized pain to keep clean. I don’t understand 😩 looks every inch a ‘Instagram bathroom’ which doesn’t translate to practical in the real world.

Reactions: 6
It looks so dated already. Those sinks and black fittings are very MOD reno circa 2019. And is it just me or do the white floor tiles look filthy?

Reactions: 7
All that empty wall space opposite the sinks and they put the towel rail right behind the door. It’s mad.

So you get out of the shower, you have to cross the whole room to go and get your towel ? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
My overwhelming thought was that in a children’s bathroom I wouldn’t have installed the plugs on chains. I’d have stored them away safely for when the children were no longer children.

I hope Clemmie has good household insurance for water damage.

My second thought was about how unsafe mirrors seemingly propped up on a high ledge are in a children’s bathroom. No one could ever accuse Budget Clem of being practical.

Reactions: 3
I hate how she keeps describing herself as sober. I work with recovering addicts and unless she was an alcoholic, she really ought to be using ‘teetotal’ rather than sober. I know it’s just a word but it feels like she’s appropriating the awful struggle of addiction just to spice up her content for the gram and make her giving up drinking seem more interesting than it is. It’s not cool IMO. Making a tit of yourself on a bender and having beer fear the next day is not the same thing as addiction.
Or, if she genuinely did have a problem with drink, she should be honest about it rather than playing it down and filtering it for the middle class mummy likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I hate how she keeps describing herself as sober. I work with recovering addicts and unless she was an alcoholic, she really ought to be using ‘teetotal’ rather than sober. I know it’s just a word but it feels like she’s appropriating the awful struggle of addiction just to spice up her content for the gram and make her giving up drinking seem more interesting than it is. It’s not cool IMO. Making a tit of yourself on a bender and having beer fear the next day is not the same thing as addiction.
Or, if she genuinely did have a problem with drink, she should be honest about it rather than playing it down and filtering it for the middle class mummy likes.
I hate this. Either she was an addict or she was just a twit. This whole sober 4 years (feels like 27 if I’m honest Clem and you’ve certainly aged that much) is such a load of wank. You too can be sober like me.
Ugh
And this
NO WORDS

Not even her previous appalling taste could prepare me for the monstrosity of those utterly disgusting sinks. Who in their right minds would stick them on the wall???

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She’s really aged recently, I don’t think the granny glasses help. I saw them in spec savers the other day and gave them a wide berth 😂

Reactions: 6