Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see Selfish Mother (Molly Jane Gunn)’s post about how she’s deleted all but 9 of her posts? Thought it was really decent of her to take down the kid pics and reflect on a time (insta hun mum bubble in 2018) that has now passed.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone see Selfish Mother (Molly Jane Gunn)’s post about how she’s deleted all but 9 of her posts? Thought it was really decent of her to take down the kid pics and reflect on a time (insta hun mum bubble in 2018) that has now passed.
I don’t know who that is, has she only just done that though? Too little, too late imo. People have been talking about not posting your kids and safeguarding and how dangerous, let alone how unfair it is on the children for years. All influencers do is swing in the wind of public opinion and she’s probably seen that the tide is turning, plus mumfluencers aren’t as popular as they once were.

Reactions: 3
Agree but thought it was an interesting reflection all the same: https://selfishmother-blog.com/honey-i-shrunk-my-instagram/

Especially as she name checks Clemmie, mother pukka, all the Mothers Meetings crew…
Thanks for the link.

It all reads to me like she’s grown her business now so she doesn’t need to sell her children’s privates lives online anymore, with a tiny little bit about how it’s strange that her kid’s childhood is documented in public as though that happened by accident rather than by her own design. Only having 9 squares at any one time is a bit pretentious and she doesn’t say that those won’t feature her family. Even deleting them after a certain point means they’re still out there (but I assume they’re older now anyway so people won’t be as interested).

Reactions: 7
Thanks for the link.

It all reads to me like she’s grown her business now so she doesn’t need to sell her children’s privates lives online anymore, with a tiny little bit about how it’s strange that her kid’s childhood is documented in public as though that happened by accident rather than by her own design. Only having 9 squares at any one time is a bit pretentious and she doesn’t say that those won’t feature her family. Even deleting them after a certain point means they’re still out there (but I assume they’re older now anyway so people won’t be as interested).
I think she had a tricky time with her business actually. She stopped donating a proportion of every sale to charity, closed the physical shop and moved out of her big house into "selfish mother HQ".
---

Seems they went into voluntary liquidation last year? Maybe I'm wrong, because I know the tops are still on sale - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09824859/filing-history
---

Oh and this is her and her husband's other company which was also nearly struck off - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11068158/filing-history

Last edited:
  • Wow
I think she had a tricky time with her business actually. She stopped donating a proportion of every sale to charity, closed the physical shop and moved out of her big house into "selfish mother HQ".
Yeah, as I said, I don’t really know much about her but I think the mumfluencer era has definitely passed. I can’t imagine many people buy those ‘I’M A MAMA!!’ branded jumpers/bags/hats/whatever these days.

I found all that stuff weird anyway. Surely the fact that you were dragging a toddler around was a give away that you were a mum. You didn’t need a tee shirt with MOTHER printed all over it for anyone to know, unless you were worried about being confused with your childcare provider. They were the next step up from ‘baby on board’ for all the middle class mamas.

ETA although thinking about it some more, I suppose they were also a way of aligning yourself with the yummy mummy aspirational IG lifestyle. You were one of the gang if you had the expensive tee shirt (which is another reason to hate all that lot and how they preyed on insecure parents).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the mumfluencer era has definitely passed. I can’t imagine many people buy those ‘I’M A MAMA!!’ branded jumpers/bags/hats/whatever these days.

I found all that stuff weird anyway. Surely the fact that you were dragging a toddler around was a give away that you were a mum. You didn’t need a tee shirt with MOTHER printed all over it for anyone to know, unless you were worried about being confused with your childcare provider. They were the next step up from ‘baby on board’ for all the middle class mamas.

ETA although thinking about it some more, I suppose they were also a way of aligning yourself with the yummy mummy aspirational IG lifestyle. You were one of the gang if you had the expensive tee shirt (which is another reason to hate all that lot and how they preyed on insecure parents).
agree with all of this - perhaps if those t shirts were still selling she’d be in a different place with this. But at least she seems to know the party is over, unlike so many (Clemmie) who are still trying to seem relevant by jumping on bandwagons (ie sobriety).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve just watched her video about how much being ‘sober’ has saved her…she estimates she was spending an average of £15 a week on alcohol, including ‘blowouts, weddings and holidays’. Is it just me, or is an average of £15 a week on booze for an affluent, privileged middle class woman not really much at all? Even a bottle of Asda own brand voddy is £12, and somehow despite her nickname I don’t think that’s what Budget Clem was knocking back of a night. It’s been said many times before, but she never had a drink problem, and she’s not ‘sober’ she’s just teetotal. Which there’s nothing wrong with, and nobody should feel pressured to drink if they don’t want to, but her big ‘sober’ performance about how amazing her life is now she’s given up her mad £15-average-a-week party lifestyle is ridiculous. Especially in the context of someone who at one point owned 2 £1 million properties! Is it another attempt to be ‘relatable’ to The Poors? (I do get that if you are on the absolute bones of your arse and spending the £15 on booze that was all your had to feed your kids it is very much a problem, but that’s never been Budget Clemmie- remember when her idea of being poor was they could only afford to go to Thailand on holiday or something ludicrous?).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just watched her video about how much being ‘sober’ has saved her…she estimates she was spending an average of £15 a week on alcohol, including ‘blowouts, weddings and holidays’. Is it just me, or is an average of £15 a week on booze for an affluent, privileged middle class woman not really much at all? Even a bottle of Asda own brand voddy is £12, and somehow despite her nickname I don’t think that’s what Budget Clem was knocking back of a night. It’s been said many times before, but she never had a drink problem, and she’s not ‘sober’ she’s just teetotal. Which there’s nothing wrong with, and nobody should feel pressured to drink if they don’t want to, but her big ‘sober’ performance about how amazing her life is now she’s given up her mad £15-average-a-week party lifestyle is ridiculous. Especially in the context of someone who at one point owned 2 £1 million properties! Is it another attempt to be ‘relatable’ to The Poors? (I do get that if you are on the absolute bones of your arse and spending the £15 on booze that was all your had to feed your kids it is very much a problem, but that’s never been Budget Clemmie- remember when her idea of being poor was they could only afford to go to Thailand on holiday or something ludicrous?).
Yeah £15 is like two bottles of cheapish wine. She definitely hasn’t done the maths right

Reactions: 5
Now trying the birth stories angle. Her youngest is like 5?? This ship has sailed too Clemmie 😅

Now trying the birth stories angle. Her youngest is like 5?? This ship has sailed too Clemmie 😅
I swear to God, some of these twats will still be grasping at birth stories when their kids are in their 20s 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's still putting her kids on stories (or she was until fairly recently).

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Of course Clembo fucked up her kitchen 🤣🤣🤣

Oh man.

And those floors, again! They make every room look ridiculous. That dressing room/bathroom thing looks daft too. From experience of having an old house - those heavy wardrobes on an old, uneven floor are going to sag and the doors will be unusable within a year. I’ve been there and had the expensive, wonky wardrobe to prove it.

Reactions: 8
So what's the plan with this bath? You're just standing there naked by the window with no curtains either on the window or around the bath ? 🤷‍♀️
I thought the same but tbh was so distracted by her saying the kitchen has been put in wrong…I mean Christ it’s just one mishap after another 🥲

Reactions: 4
I thought the same but tbh was so distracted by her saying the kitchen has been put in wrong…I mean Christ it’s just one mishap after another 🥲
You wouldn’t think they had years to think about it and plan it, would you?

It seems like they bought it last week and are whizzing through it.
---
And also, if they put that wall in, why does the end of the wardrobe overhang it?

Bespoke wall and bespoke wardrobe so why does it look so crap, why not make it fit properly?! That would really wind me up!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Once again, an evergreen thread title! Dread to think the cost of the kitchen duck up 😬

And the floorboards! So bad. None of it looks nearly done, rather just all very early stage renovation to me.

Last edited:
You wouldn’t think they had years to think about it and plan it, would you?

It seems like they bought it last week and are whizzing through it.
---
And also, if they put that wall in, why does the end of the wardrobe overhang it?

Bespoke wall and bespoke wardrobe so why does it look so crap, why not make it fit properly?! That would really wind me up!
Omg well spotted, it just gets better. The kitchen looks so plain aswell. Can't wait to see the crappy end result.

I still can't get over the brown floors. Their "almost" finished bedroom really fitting in with the bleak theme, why is the bath there?? Just why? It's giving mental institution vibes.

• Haha
Omg well spotted, it just gets better. The kitchen looks so plain aswell. Can't wait to see the crappy end result.

I still can't get over the brown floors. Their "almost" finished bedroom really fitting in with the bleak theme, why is the bath there?? Just why? It's giving mental institution vibes.
That’s exactly what her daughters room reminded me of!

Like when you see the most haunted type programmes and they show the old asylum rooms with the old, mismatched furniture plonked in there.

Reactions: 5