Clemmie Telford #5 There once was an a-hole from Peckham who likes to buy houses and wreck’em

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The house looks so bad. I usually wouldn't comment on someone's decor but I cannot begin to think about how much they will need to spend in a few years to redo everything.

Reactions: 4
So classic that they’d get the most expensive kitchen money can buy and then duck up the installation and have to pay twice. And then to just shrug it off on the gram like it’s a minor inconvenience. She cannot read the room at all. It’s like the time they went on two weeks’ holiday in Thailand to get over the stress of nearly being made bankrupt.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
She definitely never had to deal with financial consequences. So entitled. "We have to redo it with money we don't have". If you REALLY were on a tight budget you would get your kitchen at ikea and you would bleeping be careful when putting it up. Nothing wrong with having your parents cushion at every turn, good for her. I just wish she would stop trying to relate with people who don't. It's distasteful.

Reactions: 10
I couldn't really understand what went wrong with the kitchen?
I can’t either.

There’s a gap at the bottom of the units I think? I can’t work out how you wouldn’t notice that when you put the first one together though?

Reactions: 2
All the rooms look so dingy and sparse. The flooring was a big mistake - was that to save money? And the overhanging wardrobe against the too-short wall argh! That would drive me mad every time I looked at it. Did they pay for it to look like that? I’d be fuming.

Reactions: 12
The strangest property choice, in reality it's just an impossibly big project which she is not equipped to manage.

Reactions: 6
The strangest property choice, in reality it's just an impossibly big project which she is not equipped to manage.
All financed with both of them being unemployed. I very much doubt the sales of "but why" afforded them that reno project 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
That gap would be annoying though if food went under there and you couldn’t get it out.

where the wardrobes are is too narrow in my opinion. It looks like a corridor rather than a dressing room. If they put the stud wall in themselves why didn’t they make it wider?

Reactions: 4
You wouldn’t think they had years to think about it and plan it, would you?

It seems like they bought it last week and are whizzing through it.
---
And also, if they put that wall in, why does the end of the wardrobe overhang it?

Bespoke wall and bespoke wardrobe so why does it look so crap, why not make it fit properly?! That would really wind me up!
Surely your place the wardrobe the other side of the wall, so you fling clothes on the sofa, rather than walking back and forth?

Yes exactly, it's not really a dressing "room" is it?! Seems pointless to me.
It looks more like a utility room to me?

Those floorboards though 😭 I shiver thinking of walking on them, with my socks catching little rough bits. Hideous!

Reactions: 7
That gap would be annoying though if food went under there and you couldn’t get it out.

where the wardrobes are is too narrow in my opinion. It looks like a corridor rather than a dressing room. If they put the stud wall in themselves why didn’t they make it wider?
My thoughts exactly!! The room is so dark anyway why out tall imposing wardrobes in what is essentially a small corridor 😭

Why *are* the kitchen units floating off the floor? And how did they get so far into it before noticing? So many questions 😂

Reactions: 6
Were they fitting the kitchen themselves? Otherwise it wouldn't be a cost to them but whoever was being paid to fit it.