Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely at some point during the last four years they would have thought hang on what the hell are we doing. What a money pit.

I find the before and afters so jarring in current COL context. Plus the weird bragging about charity shop furniture against reno reveals that will have cost tens of thousands.

Reactions: 3
More money than sense. I bet the kids would have rather stayed in London. I know it's not always safe but they literally could have moved a little further out from Peckham. The kids will be bored rigid by the seaside when they are in their teens!

Reactions: 4
Surely at some point during the last four years they would have thought hang on what the hell are we doing. What a money pit.

I find the before and afters so jarring in current COL context. Plus the weird bragging about charity shop furniture against reno reveals that will have cost tens of thousands.
Yes I agree. Leave the furniture in the charity shop for people who actually need them Clemmie.

Reactions: 6
When did MOD move out there? 2018?
Yes, it was quite the thing to move out that way and buy a big house to be insufferable in.

Our Clem missed the boat by miles though. No free bathrooms so she has to do budget ones that look like the haunted one in Hogwarts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
That bathroom is ghastly, looks like a public loo or like they have taken a bathroom that was already there and moved it into another room! It's just not a family home and never will be.

Reactions: 4
Looks like they can’t afford to buy enough stuff to put in it to make it feel homely. They’ll just be rattling around those Overlook Hotel corridors, living in the equivalent of a three bed semi, while the other half of the house remains a building site.
I’ve just done a house reno, so maybe I’m finding it all a bit triggering. But half a finished house and no money to finish the other half is my worst nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, it was quite the thing to move out that way and buy a big house to be insufferable in.

Our Clem missed the boat by miles though. No free bathrooms so she has to do budget ones that look like the haunted one in Hogwarts.
She constantly misses the boat and has always tried to keep up with the cool mums without actually being part of the group. She's like the annoying little sister who keeps asking to play with you when you have your friends over.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My mum was brought up in an orphanage and the bathroom literally reminds me of her stories! Bet if I showed her it she’d say it was like something ‘out of the home’ as she refers to her old orphanage.

• Heart
That bathroom is like the stuff of nightmares. Pretty sure she copied Clemmie Hoopers bathroom in some way as those taps and things look weirdly offensive and familiar. Every bit of this new house has seemed massive, disjointed and creepy.

Reactions: 2
Have the Hoopers still got that old bath in the garden? Maybe they can donate it to clem 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her post on female friendship. She says she has broken up with some friends as it was a toxic relationship. Must be talking about Clemmie Hooper surely?

Reactions: 8
The latest post of her stairs! I think I preferred it before!! The floor is awful, and who the duck buys white paint from Farrow and Ball???

• Haha
Nope.

Even with the updated photos, those hallways still look like a solicitors office.
The latest post of her stairs! I think I preferred it before!! The floor is awful, and who the duck buys white paint from Farrow and Ball???
So ugly. And it must have cost thousands to get it looking like that.

The handrail looks too narrow to me. She's not exactly an interior designer is she?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.