Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no doubt that the lady who wrote the newest list on Burnout suffered greatly but what does it add to the debate and how does it solve anything?
The lady had the option of quitting work to help her mental health and doesn't seem to have other major problems.
Like I said, I have no doubt she suffered but its such a pointless 'middle class white woman' list. We need the perspective of women who work and/or care or have major problems who have no way out.
I completely agree. But that would mean that Clemmie
Would need to reach out beyond her white, middle class , wealthy bubble. Which she won’t because that’s what’s affording her 2 million pound homes.

Reactions: 7
So she’s telling us this morning that it was only at the weekend that she discovered that what she wears or doesn’t wear in bed differs to others. As in she never realised that while some women wear don’t wear knickers to bed others do. Beggars belief really.

Reactions: 2
The whole list thing baffles me. They are not lists. They are stories told in bullet points. Definition of a list: a number of connected items or names written or printed consecutively, typically one below the other.

Reactions: 8
So she’s telling us this morning that it was only at the weekend that she discovered that what she wears or doesn’t wear in bed differs to others. As in she never realised that while some women wear don’t wear knickers to bed others do. Beggars belief really.
And she kept reposting on stories mentions of her for opening the conversation 🙄. Well this was on women’s hour and it was from Susannah Constantine podcast. Seems she got caught out . But she couldn’t care less.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
And she kept reposting on stories mentions of her for opening the conversation 🙄. Well this was on women’s hour and it was from Susannah Constantine podcast. Seems she got caught out . But she couldn’t care less.
That’s so Clemmie.

That chat was everywhere - women's hour then GMB then the Faily Mail etc. She's such an insular knob. Also, her response to the responses is really gross - she said if you're feeling offended then that's on you and we're all adults. But a lot of the comments from her delightful followers are really nasty and judgemental.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Bet she’s kicking herself now that she didn’t include this question in her book - but why do some people wear knickers to bed?

Silly of her to say she thought no-one wears knickers to bed - I’m sure she did the first few days after giving birth to each child - she hardly let the resultant bleeding free flow. What does she think people do who don’t use tampons, etc during their period. Maybe she even wore knickers to bed during her period the first few times at least.

Reactions: 4
I think the knickers debate was a big engagement ploy, noticed she's started dropping a lot of the 'please comment below' 'what about you?' stuff which is jarring and I think probably fuelled by book panic - even after trying to rope people in to pre-order via a competition, she only got a handful of comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’d say her book will be a big flop - even the concept, a book to help you answer your kids tricky questions, is naff. I don’t think many parents really need to consult a book to have a meaningful conversation with their child or need Clemmie to help develop their thoughts. The only people that will buy it are a few loyal followers and whatever friends and family that haven’t already been given a free copy to plug.

Most of the influencer books are naff and depend on devoted followers buying a copy.

I’d be interested in some advices sometime on how to answer my kids tricky questions but Telford wouldn’t be the source I look for 😂

You can almost smell her fear about the book sales now. I get that it must be a nerve wracking time.

But she must have seen other influencers books flop all around her.

Reactions: 1
You can almost smell her fear about the book sales now. I get that it must be a nerve wracking time.
But she must have seen other influencers books flop all around her.
There’s a few books coming out around now from Instagrammers/Influencers, so I’d say she’s a little nervous - Candice Brathwaite’s will be a bestseller, Mother Pukka‘s will do well enough, leaving Clemmie Telford’s at risk. If you saw all three on a stand in a bookstore and could only buy one or two, I think we all know which one would be left behind.

• Haha
Mother Pukka and Candice Braithwaite have more of a platform. I’d imagine most people have never, and will never, have heard of Clemmie.

I seem to remember a poster on the MOD/FOD thread who knew a bit about the publishing industry/sales stats. Would be interested to get them to look up Steptoe’s sales in due course!

I reckon they’ve spunked her advance on the hotel of horrors, and with their history of near-bankruptcy and amazing business acumen haven’t considered a future where her book only sells 75 copies and they’re in hock to the publishers for £££.

She's been on a podcast with Steph Douglas. Her job title was "Author and Content Creator". I mean.

• Haha
Yeah, I don't think she'll have got a massive advance. As for 'author'.. please. I can't get over how mediocre she is on all fronts.

Reactions: 5
Author 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

to real writers&authors of books people want: we’re with you, I’m sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.