Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg forgot how messy her house was and unclean!! Few of those bedrooms will just be for her tat and cross fit machines 🤣
She also said she’s not going to share much of it on the gram and didn’t want to post the location. Doh. How’d that work out for you 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why is it an amazing location?
It’s right on the coast and it says the two nearest schools are outstanding.
We had a holiday in Dorset a few years ago and loved the area, admittedly not much in Broadstairs but other places like Lyme Regis are nice. It’s also a real foodie area with great restaurants River Cottage is nearby. I’m from the north so places like that are quite appealing to me.😀

Reactions: 2
We had a holiday in Dorset a few years ago and loved the area, admittedly not much in Broadstairs but other places like Lyme Regis are nice. It’s also a real foodie area with great restaurants River Cottage is nearby. I’m from the north so places like that are quite appealing to me.😀
Lyme Regis is not near Broadstairs. They are at least 200 miles apart.

Reactions: 14
Broadstairs is in Kent lovely!

Reactions: 3
The new house could be stunning, I’ll give her that. But it’s going to cost a fortune to renovate it. It looks like it needs plastering, rewiring, new boiler and all of that. Then the associated costs like electricity bills, heating in winter...
How are they going to afford that? Is Ben working? They can’t afford that on just what she brings in, surely - she’s such a clown, she been doing a podcast for two years, while someone else makes money off it.
Can’t wait to see how all this unfolds 🤣

Reactions: 3
Lyme Regis is not near Broadstairs. They are at least 200 miles apart.
Ah I’m in the wrong place thought it was the place Broadchurch was filmed all that searching has fried my brain 😂 back for another nosey. I’m not familiar with Kent at all.
The coast is nearby and the good schools must have been a pull them. Oh and not forgetting the other Insta mums!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ah I’m in the wrong place thought it was the place Broadchurch was filmed all that searching has fried my brain 😂 back for another nosey. I’m not familiar with Kent at all.
The coast is nearby and the good schools must have been a pull them. Oh and not forgetting the other Insta mums!
The hospitals are dire, especially for maternity care. That would worry me. From what I was reading, the good schools there are oversubscribed.

Reactions: 5
I find the Kent coast so grotty compared to places like Cornwall, Dorset, Welsh coast etc. But I guess it's close to London if that's your thing.

Reactions: 12
The hospitals are dire, especially for maternity care. That would worry me. From what I was reading, tge good schools there are oversubscribed.
I'm not going to lie, I looked around there due to the cost, and the schools are very oversubscribed. It will be a big shock in winter. My brother lives in Whitstable and even he hates it in the summer, when we went to Broadstairs last July (from Whitstable for the day), it was rammed. wouldn't want to live there then - especially being in the heart of the town and outside your window.

Reactions: 5
Ok I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post certain things.
her Peckham pad didn't sell for 900k asking price

-500k from that

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
That’s impossible - you would never get a house in Peckham for 400k - not even a studio flat!

Reactions: 9
Ok I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post certain things.
her Peckham pad didn't sell for 900k asking price

-500k from that
Yeah i’m not sure I believe that

400k for a house in Peckham? Doesn’t matter how dirty it was, that wouldn’t happen

Reactions: 10
There’s no way you could even buy a shoebox in Peckham for 400k thanks to these privileged white IGers such as budget Clem and DLAM buying with mummy and daddy’s money, gentrifying the hell out of the place and then buggering off to the coast to repeat the process. And yes I am bitter as someone who loved renting in Peckham but could never have afforded to buy.

Reactions: 11
Imagine doing that much work on a house with 3 kids though, the thought of it is bloody terrifying! I'd much rather buy somewhere on a smaller scale, kind of like UnmumsyMum did, just bought a normal size house and did it up.

I understand that London and Peckham might not be safe for kids so I get that you might want to move further out though.
OK just to say some of us were born and raised in London and are also raising our kids here. Hackney girl born and bred here. It is perfectly safe, particularly for white middle class children like the Telfords. Most people move out because they can get more house for their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
OK just to say some of us were born and raised in London and are also raising our kids here. Hackney girl born and bred here. It is perfectly safe, particularly for white middle class children like the Telfords. Most people move out because they can get more house for their money.
I completely agree I wasn't saying it's not safe just that some people might assume it's not. North London born here!

I wish I’d been born and bred in London! Better than the north where I’m from, Comanche central!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.