Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely agree I wasn't saying it's not safe just that some people might assume it's not. North London born here!
totally! Didn’t feel safe after dark there (Kent coast, especially Margate) at all lots of undesirable types roaming the streets. Feel much safe in central London tbh!!

Reactions: 1
I’m halfway through doing a #reno (paid for it all ourselves, obvs) and I have already sworn that I will never ever do anything like this again. Just imagining the amount of work they’re going to have to do to that place is giving me cold sweats.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Didn’t her gran pass away in the last couple of years? Sure I remember tearful stories etc. Or was that another instamum? If it was her, maybe she got an inheritance from that?

Reactions: 4
Good location for an Air B&B? Demand would be high during summer months. Maybe three en suite bedrooms could be used that way? I’ll console my bedroom envy with thoughts of them cleaning all of those rooms. 😄
I don’t think she cleans anything??! Plus she would need to remove her skanky knickers if they let them...

I’ve just found the listing, that is going to be THE biggest money pit ever. We did an extension and renovation on our house built in 1850, you have no idea if the amount of work until you start pulling stuff out. It gives me the shakes just looking at her new house, it will cost a fortune to get decent

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve just found the listing, that is going to be THE biggest money pit ever. We did an extension and renovation on our house built in 1850, you have no idea if the amount of work until you start pulling stuff out. It gives me the shakes just looking at her new house, it will cost a fortune to get decent
Totally agree. We moved into a house that needed stuff doing to it (nowhere on the scale of what that house will require) and we got fed up halfway through, after having our kitchen ripped out and refitted. It also ALWAYS goes over the budget. I can only imagine some of the problems they’re going to end up facing with a house that size.

Just had another look at the house, it really is exciting but without a full team will be. Easily overwhelming. The garden alone looks a lot of work. This is going to take years and cost a bomb.

Reactions: 1
That doesn’t look exciting to me as a home for a family. Really don’t like the frontage and no off street parking. Cannot see that the hassle of renovating it will be worth it. Where will skips go? In the street?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Why’s her book delayed? (In stories) - I clicked through the swipe up link to find the new publication date but it takes me to American Apparel leggings, not her book, haha, she’s useless!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why’s her book delayed? (In stories) - I clicked through the swipe up link to find the new publication date but it takes me to American Apparel leggings, not her book, haha, she’s useless!
Because she wants ‘to give it the best launch possible’ obviously! And then as an after thought mentions ‘wonder if this means I can have a launch party?’
Surely the only thing that would give it the ‘best launch possible’ would be an party?
She’s completely gormless.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hoping she hasn’t spent the book advance on that house, because she’s going to have to earn that back at some point!

Reactions: 3
It looks as though it’s been a good sized four bedroom Victorian home with servants’ quarters on the top floor. Then the well proportioned rooms were chopped up to create a guest house.
After having another look at the floor plan, I’m revising my opinion.

It has been a normal sized three storey terrace to begin with, but at some stage the wing containing the dining room and kitchen was built in the garden. It has lower ceilings, less features and was quite likely constructed cheaply/poorly.

Their garden runs behind the third terrace in the row and is perpendicular to the kitchen wing. The garden is completely locked in and overlooked on all sides. If you wanted to bring in gardening materials it would need to be through the house.

What a strange property to buy for a small family!

Just looked at that house again and I have just one word for it : madness. She says the buying process took 2 years, at that time the perspective were very different. House Reno was all the rage on insta with gifts all over the place. Not sure if the market is the same at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just looked at that house again and I have just one word for it : madness. She says the buying process took 2 years, at that time the perspective were very different. House Reno was all the rage on insta with gifts all over the place. Not sure if the market is the same at the moment.
Utter madness. It's in such a state the very thought of renovating it is giving me anxiety. And I lived through a basement conversion! Are they going to live there while they do it up because 1) the upheaval, mess and noise, all with small kids, and 2) the place is soooo depressingly drab and dated. Are they rich enough to live somewhere else, coz that's the only way to get through it imvho.

Also, the wave of Insta freebies is coming to an end with the devastation that Covid has wreaked on our economy. Companies are downsizing, laying off staff and just trying to keep things going. How much are they going to throw at grabby Insta non-ents with their hands forever out for freebies? This will be interesting to watch.

Reactions: 10
She’s eyed the size and got hideously carried away with the thought of what it could be, ignoring all sensibility. I don’t think it will end well unless she really has a tonne of money to throw at it. Could’ve bought way smaller and had less stress, less hassle and loads less cost.

Reactions: 8
Utter madness. It's in such a state the very thought of renovating it is giving me anxiety. And I lived through a basement conversion! Are they going to live there while they do it up because 1) the upheaval, mess and noise, all with small kids, and 2) the place is soooo depressingly drab and dated. Are they rich enough to live somewhere else, coz that's the only way to get through it imvho.

Also, the wave of Insta freebies is coming to an end with the devastation that Covid has wreaked on our economy. Companies are downsizing, laying off staff and just trying to keep things going. How much are they going to throw at grabby Insta non-ents with their hands forever out for freebies? This will be interesting to watch.
It’s really odd because she’s making out like she never planned or even plans to share the Reno! She’s debating wether to share more pics and the location etc on the gram so I don’t think that would’ve been her motive.
and as for the mess and dirt... she lives a life of squalor anyway so not sure they would know the difference.

they must be LOADED to have the level of disposable income it will require to Reno to even a basically acceptable modern day standard.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Freebies are nice things like sofas, kitchens, tiles etc.

They won’t be able to get rebuilding - rewrite, plumbing, damp proofing, windows etc and it will cost them a fortune.

Their old house would be a lot bigger if she picked her dirty knickers off the floor 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
For the only they paid they could have got a 4/5/6 bedroom large detached house in Broadstairs that was ready to move in. Make it make sense!!

More I think about it more I feel it’s not going to be a family home, they must be looking to develop it. Carve it up into flats either for private sale or serviced apartment type vibe or even just renovate as a boutique hotel then sell that.

You really have to have a vision for something like this, from what I've seen from their old house it's not like interior design was their thing, god I'd be so daunted!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.