Clemmie Telford #4 But why Clemmie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the ODs have a tiny front yard around the house and steps up to the front door so at least won’t have people stood at their windows/walking past their door

I recall a uni friend who lived in a terraced opening directly onto the pavement and the amount of people who would bump into her door or randomly lean on her window sill chatting to friends was unbelievable. I would hate it.

I thought frugality has a front garden too - she doesn’t show much but I recall a photo of trenches dug in it when they were renovating a bathroom (or maybe ensuite)

I was shocked at the location of my tiny estate - literally opens onto the street.
You are right - the Hoopers and Frugality do have a tiny buffer from the street that the Telfords and My Tiny Estate don’t have.

I find it inconceivable that these people share so much of their children and homes online, are careless about revealing the location of their home, then have such easily accessible, pedestrian eye level windows.

I’m also pearl clutching about how on earth Clemmie will air out the front parlour. 😬😉

Reactions: 5
But Why, Clemmie? Why does she need such a massive house? She’s only got 3 kids, and looking at the size of the kitchen that was a BIG B&B. Complete with its own bar in the basement, that’s not someone letting out a couple of spare rooms, that’s a small hotel, albeit one that looks quite Fawlty Towers! And ‘this would’ve cost £3 million in Peckham’ comment- what, did you get it for a mere £2 mill, Budget Clemmie? Just boils my piss that someone with no discernible talent or ability, who has built her brand on ripping off other people’s experiences, traumas and skills, is able land book deals, podcast sponsorships and to buy a house like that. And call me a jealous hater if you want, yeah, I am jealous someone so lazy and talentless gets everything handed to them on a plate!

I agree with you

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Each to their own, but all I can see looking at that house, is that it will cost a huge amount of money to make it into a comfortable family home and no matter what they do to it, it will still be a house that opens onto a steeet with an overlooked back garden and no off street parking. Even before you could move in, you’d need to spend thousands getting it into a liveable state, especially given that they have three young children.

I had a quick look at Rightmove for that town and there are several houses for the same money or less that you could move straight into and only need to be redecorated rather than a complete restoration/renovation, smaller but more comfortable with off road parking.

Reactions: 8
I think it's actually insane, I've decided!
Even though it's a B&B, it was named a hotel! She bought a mini hotel!

For that money and work needed, I'll pass - give me a massive garden any day. I'd struggle to make a lounge / kitchen that big homely

You are right - the Hoopers and Frugality do have a tiny buffer from the street that the Telfords and My Tiny Estate don’t have.

I find it inconceivable that these people share so much of their children and homes online, are careless about revealing the location of their home, then have such easily accessible, pedestrian eye level windows.

I’m also pearl clutching about how on earth Clemmie will air out the front parlour. 😬😉
Completely agree. I can't think of anything worse.... especially with people knowing who you are. I would want an outskirts property with a drive and privacy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Maybe they are planning on turning it into flats. I could see doing that. I certainly wouldn’t want to live in that on my own, let alone with three children for all the reasons mentioned above. Maybe they haven’t sold their Peckham house as she reported quite matter of factly that they had completed on the hotel and had been trying to for two years.

Reactions: 3
Wouldn’t be that interesting for the ‘gram though would it?

Wonder if Ben is going to run a BnB as a side hustle
Permission on the local council website is to turn it from a guesthouse to residential property. I guess they could still Air B&B it though.
Knowing Ben & Clemmie, they've got it all planned and won't have to make any ridiculous and expensive decisions to fix their chaos.... oh, hang on 🤣

Reactions: 8
Permission on the local council website is to turn it from a guesthouse to residential property. I guess they could still Air B&B it though.
Knowing Ben & Clemmie, they've got it all planned and won't have to make any ridiculous and expensive decisions to fix their chaos.... oh, hang on 🤣
Wouldn’t most other bloggers moving out of London to such a massive property that needs major work do posts beforehand about packing and moving, saying goodbye etc. The fact that they completed while in London and not at the estate agents picking up the keys seems strange to me. She acted as if she had no idea that the sale was going through that day and as if transferring that much money was an after thought.

Reactions: 4
Blimey that’s massive! Ridiculous for a family of five, unless this will be some rented rooms to bring in the income.

I can’t imagine renting out some of it when I had small kids so maybe they are making some ridiculous family home or it’s pure investment and they’ll do up and rent out every space and move elsewhere.

Reactions: 1
Wow that looks like a money pit. They will get a shock living in broadstairs from London

I can’t imagine renting out some of it when I had small kids so maybe they are making some ridiculous family home or it’s pure investment and they’ll do up and rent out every space and move elsewhere.
Agree about not renting out some of it while they have kids. A house with a basement and a separate entrance that could be turned into a flat would be a better idea.

Reactions: 2
Looking at sold prices they could have got a better value option. I suspect they will somehow plan to make money from the rooms but also clemmie is one of 4 so a huge house is probably appealing for family get togethers

Ridiculous to buy a house that big for a small family but it will be lovely for family and friends coming to visit. Although that always seems to be the dream and then life gets in the way! Will be good for sleepovers etc at least. And only a 10 min drive from ‘namesake’ aka Glen.

Glad I found this thread again, I’d totally forgotten about this idiot, which was great in a way but for sheer comedy value, I’m pleased. She’s like one of those slummy mummy bloggers, except they were all pretending to be clueless. Budget Clemmie is the real deal.
Can’t believe she’s bought a 10 bedroom house. I think the idea of getting your renovations done for free via the gram are over, so let’s hope the royalties from her book deal will keep her going 😏 (and that she afford to employ a team of cleaners)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Glad I found this thread again, I’d totally forgotten about this idiot, which was great in a way but for sheer comedy value, I’m pleased. She’s like one of those slummy mummy bloggers, except they were all pretending to be clueless. Budget Clemmie is the real deal.
Can’t believe she’s bought a 10 bedroom house. I think the idea of getting your renovations done for free via the gram are over, so let’s hope the royalties from her book deal will keep her going 😏 (and that she afford to employ a team of cleaners)
Just came back to say this, with that many toilets hope she’s hiring someone to help 🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.