Cleaning with Mario #12 Cluttering With Mario

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a bizarre personal thing to share on instagram with a load of strangers 😳

Reactions: 9
The way he talks about his dream house is the way my little one talks about getting the barbie dream house for her bday xx
The way he spends money on shite, he’ll never save for a deposit. If the pair of them put their minds to it they could have a decent home of their own. (When I say decent I mean before Marlon fills it with grey tat.)

Reactions: 5
Perhaps his parents were those who bought council houses when working class people didn’t own their homes and it was seen as a big achievement after years of renting. My in-laws did the same and we’re understandably proud. If it was an endowment mortgage there was a cash bonus when the mortgage was paid off. (I could be 100% wrong here!)
No need to splash it over Instagram though.
You're not entirely wrong.

Endowment mortgages worked well in the 1980's. They were set up to reach a 'target' amount which would hopefully pay off the mortgage and there would usually be a cash surplus at the end of the term to spend how you liked. They also included free life cover without the need for a medical.

The problem was they were linked to stock market performance and the target amount wasn't guaranteed, which is why I said hopefully. Most endowment providers started sending out letters in 1993 warning they weren't guaranteed to pay off the mortgage at the end of the term.

They are actually quite a complicated financial investment and the vast majority of people took them out without really understanding them - they just saw the pound signs because that's the way they were sold and people naturally want something for nothing. Everyone understands greed. Sales people were also hugely incentivised to sell them.

A recipe for disaster really but, in saying that, not all endowments were missold.

By the way, I dealt with endowment misselling complaints for a year and worked in the mortgage industry for 24 years.

Tattle's very own budget Martin Lewis 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Endowment mortgages worked well in the 1980's. They were set up to reach a 'target' amount which would hopefully pay off the mortgage and there would usually be a cash surplus at the end of the term to spend how you liked. They also included free life cover without the need for a medical.

The problem was they were linked to stock market performance and the target amount wasn't guaranteed, which is why I said hopefully. Most endowment providers started sending out letters in 1993 warning they weren't guaranteed to pay off the mortgage at the end of the term.

They are actually quite a complicated financial investment and the vast majority of people took them out without really understanding them - they just saw the pound signs because that's the way they were sold and people naturally want something for nothing. Everyone understands greed. Sales people were also hugely incentivised to sell them.

A recipe for disaster really but, in saying that, not all endowments were missold.

By the way, I dealt with endowment misselling complaints for a year and worked in the mortgage industry for 24 years.

I was one of the lucky ones, mine paid out but much less than we’d been led to believe. I knew people who weren’t so lucky!

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Snap! It was very first job. Hence my mortgage was a capital repayment 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Snap! It was very first job. Hence my mortgage was a capital repayment 😉
My canny Dad impressed upon me that if there was a financial incentive for a lender to sell you one product over another, the deal was probably better for them than for you. Unsophisticated but effective advice so it was capital repayment all the way lol.

Melvin is getting his dream house only if he lands a windfall. He's way too profligate with what money he has to do it the harder way i.e.savings and ability to budget.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t have a mortgage but agree it would be something to celebrate with your other half, not balloons and photos all over Instagram.
I thought he didn’t post his family as he likes to keep them PRIVATE?
He’s so full of tit.
As yiz aw know, ma lovelies, ah’ve said it many, many times so yiz aw know, ah like tae keep my private life private & ma faimly ur very private people, so...here’s a photo of Derek asleep in his bed, this is ma sister & her man in a hot tub, this is ma da’ in his pyjamas in a hoaspital bed (Goad bless the national service, and so forth), this is a wee old yin fae a competition ma wee niece won, so ah’ll show her face & name an’ all & tae finish yiz aff here’s some personal financial information aboot ma parents’ mortgage fur yiz aw, complete wi’ photos & bespoke balloons. Ah’ve no’ goat much else tae tell yiz, so aye...🙄

As yiz aw know, ma lovelies, ah’ve said it many, many times so yiz aw know, ah like tae keep my private life private & ma faimly ur very private people, so...here’s a photo of Derek asleep in his bed, this is ma sister & her man in a hot tub, this is ma da’ in his pyjamas in a hoaspital bed (Goad bless the national service, and so forth), this is a wee old yin fae a competition ma wee niece won, so ah’ll show her face & name an’ all & tae finish yiz aff here’s some personal financial information aboot ma parents’ mortgage fur yiz aw, complete wi’ photos & bespoke balloons. Ah’ve no’ goat much else tae tell yiz, so aye...🙄
**youse
Ma apoalagies

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

**youse
Ma apoalagies
Tears streaming down my face reading this 🤣🤣🤣

Youse always write Mazza's accent tha bestest.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

**youse
Ma apoalagies
Omg!! 😂👏👏😂 I read that in his voice and seen his face! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Couldn’t resist another laugh at the garish balloons and now looks like he’s taken down the photo of his dad with the ‘letter’ that looks very much like a cheque?

Do you think he’s had ‘thoosands ae messeegiz’ about it or have his parents seen it and told him to take it down? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There has just been a shooting & a man killed about 3 streets away from his parents’ place 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Couldn’t resist another laugh at the garish balloons and now looks like he’s taken down the photo of his dad with the ‘letter’ that looks very much like a cheque?

Do you think he’s had ‘thoosands ae messeegiz’ about it or have his parents seen it and told him to take it down? 🤔
I looked when I saw the comment about this last night and couldn't see it then.

It was probably a cheque for his critical illness insurance payout.

I checked with a couple online and it is something they generally would pay out on.

Reactions: 2
I looked when I saw the comment about this last night and couldn't see it then.

It was probably a cheque for his critical illness insurance payout.

I checked with a couple online and it is something they generally would pay out on.
Interesting! I’m clueless about all that sort of thing as I just rent.
They seem like a nice couple but can’t believe Mario posting it all over Insta 🤦‍♀️ How embarrassing for them.

Reactions: 1
I am having to read your comments at least twice lol - need to catch up with the M lingo

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wonder if Derek reads Tattle and secretly laughs.... but then again I wonder if Derek can read....🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.