Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Julia Stone was a character in Coronation Street in 1999. She was an ex prostitute who slept with Mike Baldwin then conspired to blackmail him for him not telling his wife Alma. Julia was played by Fiona Allen. I don't know how to do spoilers but the story is here, only a few words. https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Fiona_Allen
Thanks @rivermonster! I think we’re in October 1998? Or autumn anyway, with the dates for the Freshco training etc the manager gave to Alma.

I think I forget that back then there would have only been a couple of episodes a week, and that we’re getting through them much quicker. When Des was speaking to Natalie about moving in, I’m thinking it was only a fortnight ago he was with Sam, about four weeks ago he was with the blonde lady who had the daughter (played by Chesney’s sister irl) and six weeks when she’s trying to lure a pregnant Steph back!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks @rivermonster! I think we’re in October 1998? Or autumn anyway, with the dates for the Freshco training etc the manager gave to Alma.

I think I forget that back then there would have only been a couple of episodes a week, and that we’re getting through them much quicker. When Des was speaking to Natalie about moving in, I’m thinking it was only a fortnight ago he was with Sam, about four weeks ago he was with the blonde lady who had the daughter (played by Chesney’s sister irl) and six weeks when she’s trying to lure a pregnant Steph back!
Just to show how fast it’s going Derek Wilton died April 1997 this was shown on Classic Corrie in December and we are already October 1998 in 6 months

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When I saw her said - it's Tina Dingle, forgetting she went on to play Linda Sykes.
I thought the same!! Always wanted her to come back, kick the Tates out and buy Home Farm!!!
I'd forgotten about Julia Stone!
I was glad though Alma got rid of him, she was way too good for Mike!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought the same!! Always wanted her to come back, kick the Tates out and buy Home Farm!!!
I'd forgotten about Julia Stone!
I was glad though Alma got rid of him, she was way too good for Mike!
The way he’s treating Hayley is awful but at the time sadly that was the way it was 😔.

As much as I want Mike to be taken down a peg or two, it was quality when he got rid of Greg and Sally in front of everyone.

Buzzing for Bradley Walsh coming, the way thinks are going that should be about new year!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Love watching the classic soaps but I cannot bare to watch the smoking in pubs/cafes and generally indoors 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 1
Did a slight eye roll today when there was a warning about the content before the episodes started but it was actually a hard watch seeing the bullying Hayley had to endure 😓

Reactions: 8
Love watching the classic soaps but I cannot bare to watch the smoking in pubs/cafes and generally indoors 🤮🤮🤮
I know! It’s really weird seeing it after all this time.

I enjoy a bit of the old classic Casualty on the Drama channel and Toyah’s just turned up as a junior Doctor. She’s the same annoying, obnoxious character as she was in Law and Order!

Reactions: 1
Did a slight eye roll today when there was a warning about the content before the episodes started but it was actually a hard watch seeing the bullying Hayley had to endure 😓
It certainly was, I'd forgotten how much her and Roy had to put up, very small minded people, especially the awful Les, I just wanted to punch him in the face, really hard :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I think it’s a very good reminder. I know people aren’t as close minded as the late 90’s but there’s still so much ignorance. Even though it’s tough to watch seeing both Hayley and Roy suffering, it does bring home the message very well that they were the exact same people before and they were liked by the majority. Hayley’s gender change shouldn’t change that. It was an excellent storyline, I’d forgotten how good it was.

Reactions: 9
It certainly was, I'd forgotten how much her and Roy had to put up, very small minded people, especially the awful Les, I just wanted to punch him in the face, really hard :ROFLMAO:
and Tina Dingle/Linda saying to her that she can’t use the ladies in case she spread germs and they could catch something.

Even if there was a man (for instance Mike) who wanted to use the ladies say because the men’s were out of order would Linda have turned him away for having germs etc? Her and the other girls (minus Liz) are being bullies and it’s horrible to watch

and Tina Dingle/Linda saying to her that she can’t use the ladies in case she spread germs and they could catch something.

Even if there was a man (for instance Mike) who wanted to use the ladies say because the men’s were out of order would Linda have turned him away for having germs etc? Her and the other girls (minus Liz) are being bullies and it’s horrible to watch
She's got far too much to say for herself, jumped up wee madam.

I felt like telling Tina Dingle/Linda to stfu.Hayley was there before her and had been using the toilets for months without any issues.Stupid cow.I don’t understand why Sally allows Greg to talk to her so badly when she’s the one with the cash funding the shite business.

Reactions: 5
Some of the mannerisms of that Greg Kelly, remind me of Frank Spencer.

"Oooh, Sally!" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.