Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what spider is doing now , i think i remember him being in something like Frost or something like that as a one off or The Bill , but after that he was never seen on TV again i dont think , perhaps he is a tree surgeon or digs tunnels for a living :D
He had a change of profession after leaving Weatherfield and is now the CEO of Morgan Stanley at Canary Wharf

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You're right! Thanks for reminding me!
Deirdre whilst doing her stretch in prison, is befriended by Tyrone's mother played by the brilliant Margi Clarke. Sadly I think they killed her character off later on...
Then the Producers completely changed this around 20 years later in order to write Evelyn as Tyrone’s grandma. Apparently Margi Clarke wasn’t his mother after all. A clunky and unbelievable storyline if ever there was.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Spider has just turned up where i am on CC , this is what i dont understand with the writers , on what planet is a 21 year old and a 15 year old getting together , Spider needs a bit of a kicking i think , she is a child , Toyah is older than her age but that doesnt make any difference , a 21 year old should not be finding a 15 year old attractive.

He reminds me a bit like Chris Martin in the "Yellow" video, before he got all the money and disappeared up his own arse , (chris martin i mean not Spider :D )
Re: Spider & Toyah

I don’t think Spider finds her attractive at the moment. Nothing happens with Spider and Toyah at least not yet. Toyah has a crush on Spider but Spider being a bit thick doesn’t realise this. Nothing happens between them until she is older

Just had a thought whilst watching yesterday's classic episodes: the amount of characters in Corrie who have been wrongly convicted of crimes suggests that the solicitors and lawyers they hire are all shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Re: Spider & Toyah

I don’t think Spider finds her attractive at the moment. Nothing happens with Spider and Toyah at least not yet. Toyah has a crush on Spider but Spider being a bit thick doesn’t realise this. Nothing happens between them until she is older
yeah , ive seen a few more episodes and i think you are right , there is one where she is following him and i think she wants to go in the house with him but he goes in and shuts the door , i think i looked back and knew they were together and didnt think he was in it that long , but i looked and he was in corrie 6 years i think , so it seems reasonable seeing it now that she was older.

Reactions: 3
Just had a thought whilst watching yesterday's classic episodes: the amount of characters in Corrie who have been wrongly convicted of crimes suggests that the solicitors and lawyers they hire are all shite.
I think Deidre going to prison brought such buzz and attention to the show with even Tony Blair discussing it in Parliament, they tried to create the shock element again and again. the Free the Weatherfield One was huge at the time. Of course it had been done and people were over it. These days viewers would be more shocked if someone would get off and not go to prison!

PMSL Fred getting close to baby Katie and bellowing
"HELLO LITTLE BABY"
🤣🤣🤣 brilliant

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I might be imagining it but I think he did the same to Mavis' budgie? 😀
HALLO LITTLE BUDGIEEE
😅
LOL he did :D , i bet the poor thing was scared to death :D nervous little creature and Fred Elliot Bellows at it :D

I think he is a great character, at a time when we have lost so many already i'm glad he is about

• Heart
Anyone else think Sally should’ve been out the door with Chris Collins quicker than you can say “wash your hands for your tea Rosie”??

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I thought Jackie Dobbs, from memory was vile to Deidre in prison. Tbf, she’s actually ok to her and trying to save her from herself. Or have I remembered correctly and there’s a twist in her?

Reactions: 4
This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I really can't stand Les!
nor me , he is someone who i wouldnt mind seeing being hit a few times :D

I think they thought they would spice up Corrie and bring in a new family that are supposed to be vile, it represents an estate, but they werent corrie characters, then because the viewers hate them no doubt people were writing in to the TV Times hating them, so they have to be toned down, Les helps Des which means we are supposed to like him , Toyah since Spider has come into it has become the most likeable one , we are always supposed to think of Janice as the reasonable one , and Leanne is and has always been vile, the battersebea's just werent corrie characters at heart but the producers persisted by trying to constantly toning down their original behavior.

Corrie was always about little niggles between characters , the odd storyline that ended in a bit of excitement, but it always had great humour delivered by some great characters, sadly over the decades the humour decreased, the little niggles turned into murders, and the characters became one dimensional cut outs there just to deliver the producers constant need for huge drama and issue based storylines

• Heart
This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I really can't stand Les!
I do think the Battersby’s add to some of the Corrie comedy moments as Les and Janice have a good back and forth sometimes.Toyah and Leanne don’t really add much other than the chav asbo vibe that was popular back then.

Reactions: 2
Who on earth thought that scene between Les and the rest of the family waiting for their meal would be great viewing - it was horrendous even for those days. I think the other actors did not like doing that scene either as you could see it on their faces.
The actress who played Janice said she left because she said it was exhausting playing her.
Bruce Jones lived near my sister in North Wales and she said he just played himself in Corrie and before lock down spent most of his time in
Wetherspoons near to where he lived.

Reactions: 5
Who on earth thought that scene between Les and the rest of the family waiting for their meal would be great viewing - it was horrendous even for those days. I think the other actors did not like doing that scene either as you could see it on their faces.
The actress who played Janice said she left because she said it was exhausting playing her.
Bruce Jones lived near my sister in North Wales and she said he just played himself in Corrie and before lock down spent most of his time in
Wetherspoons near to where he lived.
Bruce Jones appeared on a documentary about the victims of the Yorkshire Ripper on Netflix. He found one of his victims and it understandably really traumatised him and has affected him all of his life. Got to feel for the bloke really.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.