Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bruce Jones appeared on a documentary about the victims of the Yorkshire Ripper on Netflix. He found one of his victims and it understandably really traumatised him and has affected him all of his life. Got to feel for the bloke really.
I watched that and was shocked when he popped up! It sounded awful...

Reactions: 3
Yeah exactly this! You don't notice a change overtime and I forgot he was like that in the beginning
It’s the same thing with Gail I think in the classic Corrie she was a strong opinionated woman in modern Corrie they have made her a bit thick and a bit of a joke character I think. Love her in classic!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s the same thing with Gail I think in the classic Corrie she was a strong opinionated woman in modern Corrie they have made her a bit thick and a bit of a joke character I think. Love her in classic!
Gail is one of my favourite characters in classic Corrie, especially her friendship with Alma in the cafe. Though I think she started showing signs of changing when Nick ran off with Leanne. Until that point I thought she was quite a reasonable person!

Reactions: 7
Also I really feel for the baby that plays little Shannon it seems that poor little baby goes through so much to get those scenes 🥺! Especially the smoking and crying scenes I find hard to watch.

Everytime I see zoeys baby the older she looks , fiona looked into pram and I'm sure it was a small 45 year old woman in there, its quite possibly the oldest looking baby I've ever seen 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I loved Alma's quote last week. "Everyone keeps wanting to save Deirdre like she's an area of outstanding beauty, which she hasn't been for a long time".

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just catching up.

Deirdre kissing Mike on the lips, Mike's grin was brilliant, and Alma looking on horrified :oops: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Strange thing to do. Tbf I’d not be happy if a friend kissed my husband on the lips.

Reactions: 5
There doesn't seem to be a PM facility here or I'd use it, so excuse this everybody :)

I believe it may be (of course the rootin' tootin' knee-jerkin' self-styled Mods of Mount Olympus over there won't lower themselves to formally tell me anything by email :rolleyes: so I'm not entirely certain yet). I do know that I was accused of 'transphobia' for some jokes I made about Matty in Emmerdale, made more in a climate of commenting on the dire state of Issues-led Modern Soaps than any actual prejudice on my part (they didn't bother to check out any of my more considered serious posts about Hayley and praise for Julie D's performance in Classic Corrie, of course).

'That place' is dying a swift death on it's oversensitive derrierre by the look and smell of it now, and I won't miss it (just some of my pals there). I don't like being unfairly accused of being something I'm definitely not by people more reactionary than myself, but then that seems par for the course 'over there' now and I'm far from alone in being treated that way.

I didn't get banned though of course - circumstances forced me to reluctantly step away from the forum so that I could devote more time to my 'transphobia' family :D

Any road, I'm looking forward to joining everyone here after a period of recuperation from my trauma, laid out here on my chaise-longe like a Victorian heroine ;)
Have you got your frilly bloomers on?
I concur totally with the assessment of the mods over there - seems either to depend on who is on duty or what kind of day they are having. I once exchanged some friendly & humorous messages with one of the mods after having been told off for posting an inappropriate gif - NSFW apparently.:rolleyes: But what with 'certain' posters jumping on anything they think worthy of reporting, and the severity of the mods punishments, it's certainly not the easy going place it used to be. But as you say Gibby, there are lots of friends over there.

She was born in 1982 and he was born in 1976 so an age difference of 6 years, she would be about 15 so he would be 21.
And yet in modern corrie, a father will set up his son with a 16 year old schoolgirl in a posh flat............. how times have changed. I wonder if he would have been so accommodating if it had been HIS 16 year old daughter?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Has anyone noticed what's going on with Gary mallets hair over the past months, he had a really short cut, was wearing that stupid hat, then I'm sure he had a wig on for a while?

Has anyone noticed what's going on with Gary mallets hair over the past months, he had a really short cut, was wearing that stupid hat, then I'm sure he had a wig on for a while?
I thought I remembered that the actor had alopecia, so I googled it and found this article:
I always liked Gary, and I think the actor who played him is really good but I could never stand Judy, just too loud 😀

Reactions: 4
I thought I remembered that the actor had alopecia, so I googled it and found this article:
I always liked Gary, and I think the actor who played him is really good but I could never stand Judy, just too loud 😀
Thanks for that, I didn't know he suffered with alopecia.
Yep I agree, I liked him, but Judy was far too selfish and shouty!!!

When they first turned up i hated the Mallets , i still dont like Judy , but like other comments i find Gary can actually be a really nice character , he annoyed me a bit when he was sticking up for les when les first moved in, but thats just his nature he seems loyal to those he thinks are friends, its only cus i hate Les i was disappointed in him.

Reactions: 5
Today’s episodes was hard to watch poor Katie/Shannon.It was done so well back then.If I was Judy I would hide my pregnancy until 8 months😆

I thought Jackie Dobbs, from memory was vile to Deidre in prison. Tbf, she’s actually ok to her and trying to save her from herself. Or have I remembered correctly and there’s a twist in her?
If I remember rightly, she looks up Deirdre when she leaves prison and pretty much settles in with her! I didn't like the character the first time round, but think she might be tolerable this time round. :unsure:

When they pair him with Cilla it gets worse.
Oh gawd - these two were my favourite pairing - they were SO blooming awful, and made me laugh so much! Loved Cilla's friend Yana too. Such chavvy characters! o_O 🤪

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.