Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much has Roy changed! He used to have a bit of personality back then , more chatty etc like that time he barged into Emily's house when they were doing "ghost hunting" .
Now he barely speaks.I know he grieves Hayley now but they've made him way too dull.

Reactions: 8
How much have Leanne and "Toyota" changed! So glad boring and whinny Leanne has left, her drug storyline was so boring. Sadly she will be back soon.

Reactions: 5
I love Fred shouting Toyota at Toyah haha classic ☺..the old Corrie is still the best need to get the 60 s 70 s 80 s 90s boxsets now

Reactions: 4
How much has Roy changed! He used to have a bit of personality back then , more chatty etc like that time he barged into Emily's house when they ghost hunting" .
Now he barely speaks.I know he grieves Hayley now but they've made him way too dull.
I was surprised at how much Roy (and Hayley) had changed from these early episodes. They were such well rounded characters from the beginning with little quirks that seem to have been forgotten about in recent years.

This Deirdre storyline has to be one of the finest of the last 20(ish) years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I was surprised at how much Roy (and Hayley) had changed from these early episodes. They were such well rounded characters from the beginning with little quirks that seem to have been forgotten about in recent years.
Yeah definitely, especially Roy in most recent years they make him out like he is socially reclusive but he wasn't like that in the beginning having a laugh with gale in the cafe fairly confident inviting Hayley for drinks , joining in chatting in the rovers etc.

I hate how soaps change characters personalitys. I better stop now before I go of on a corrie rant on the classic thread 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah definitely, especially Roy in most recent years they make him out like he is socially reclusive but he wasn't like that in the beginning having a laugh with gale in the cafe fairly confident inviting Hayley for drinks , joining in chatting in the rovers etc.

I hate how soaps change characters personalitys. I better stop now before I go of on a corrie rant on the classic thread 😆
Yes that's so true, he's portrayed as this wise old sage in modern Corrie, but he wasn't actually that clever when we first met him. He was into the paranormal which modern Roy wouldn't entertain and I swear I even saw him drink alcohol! He was far more interesting back then.

What also interested me was his initial reaction to Hayley telling him she was trans... He was horrified because he didn't understand it, and you could almost see the cogs whirring in his brain as he tried to process it. While being married to Hayley for all those years probably helped him understand these issues, he's suddenly the most inclusive, unpredjudiced character there is!

Yes that's so true, he's portrayed as this wise old sage in modern Corrie, but he wasn't actually that clever when we first met him. He was into the paranormal which modern Roy wouldn't entertain and I swear I even saw him drink alcohol! He was far more interesting back then.

What also interested me was his initial reaction to Hayley telling him she was trans... He was horrified because he didn't understand it, and you could almost see the cogs whirring in his brain as he tried to process it. While being married to Hayley for all those years probably helped him understand these issues, he's suddenly the most inclusive, unpredjudiced character there is!
Yeah exactly this! You don't notice a change overtime and I forgot he was like that in the beginning

Reactions: 1
There’s been 3 Roy’s
1. The very odd Roy that lived at the flats that Deidre managed. They purposely portrayed him as a strange.
2. The Roy who worked with Gail and was quite sociable.
3. The Roy who married Hayley who as the years went on the character changed considerably, even his speech and hobbies. They made him more eccentric.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ohh I've got loads of them to catch up on, amazing the Jon and Dierdre storyline , the Roy and Hayley story. I'm even starting to fancy Spider haha 😅. And Nick a still cute as a button 🐱

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ohh I've got loads of them to catch up on, amazing the Jon and Dierdre storyline , the Roy and Hayley story. I'm even starting to fancy Spider haha 😅. And Nick a still cute as a button 🐱
Nick yes, Spider no...he reminds me of Chris Martin from Coldplay!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
"SHE 'ASN'T. DONE. ANY. THIN'!!"

It sounds like a girl's boarding school that prison, Bunty and Minty will be organising a midnight raid on the kitchen later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Spider has just turned up where i am on CC , this is what i dont understand with the writers , on what planet is a 21 year old and a 15 year old getting together , Spider needs a bit of a kicking i think , she is a child , Toyah is older than her age but that doesnt make any difference , a 21 year old should not be finding a 15 year old attractive.

He reminds me a bit like Chris Martin in the "Yellow" video, before he got all the money and disappeared up his own arse , (chris martin i mean not Spider :D )

• Haha
Doesn’t Tyrone come in to it soon
You're right! Thanks for reminding me!
Deirdre whilst doing her stretch in prison, is befriended by Tyrone's mother played by the brilliant Margi Clarke. Sadly I think they killed her character off later on...

I wonder what spider is doing now , i think i remember him being in something like Frost or something like that as a one off or The Bill , but after that he was never seen on TV again i dont think , perhaps he is a tree surgeon or digs tunnels for a living :D

Spider has just turned up where i am on CC , this is what i dont understand with the writers , on what planet is a 21 year old and a 15 year old getting together , Spider needs a bit of a kicking i think , she is a child , Toyah is older than her age but that doesnt make any difference , a 21 year old should not be finding a 15 year old attractive.

He reminds me a bit like Chris Martin in the "Yellow" video, before he got all the money and disappeared up his own arse , (chris martin i mean not Spider :D )
I thought that was odd very strange to be seeing it with a 2021 filter..

I wonder what spider is doing now , i think i remember him being in something like Frost or something like that as a one off or The Bill , but after that he was never seen on TV again i dont think , perhaps he is a tree surgeon or digs tunnels for a living :D
594BA767-37F0-4B7E-A469-712DCEEAB062.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.