Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spanor511

VIP Member
God, Shelly’s maw is a desperate old slapper isn’t she 🤣🤣 the actor who plays Charlie, plays it so well 🤣🤣

Reactions: 7

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I've seen clips of Sir Norman Wisdom's cameo appearance before, but having seen the entire episode, I didn't miss much. It was such a random, unfunny cameo,

Sally as a pushy Grease stage mum was creasing me 😅 LEEELEEEELEEEEEEEE🎵

And then what Ken wrote about Rosie’s performance! Took me right back to playing Nancy in Oliver! at 15 and some puce twat from our local backwater rag writing ‘Jarvis’s Nancy just about held her own against Syke’s bravado’ the kid playing Bill Sykes was his nephew! Absolutely ludicrous that you’d be able to write up an adult standard review in a paper about young teenagers but people did 😆

(I should let it go it was 25 years back 😅)

• Haha

IngressUK

VIP Member
It’s a good thing they left them in.
History should not be whitewashed to be politically correct and it’s important that people see how prejudiced things were not that long ago an£ how far we have moved forward.
I do agree with that.

I was just more surprised at ITV3 leaving such things in, when they've edited out far less worse before.

MumtoKE

I laughed out loud at that Blanche joke. Also when she was raging with Shelly in the Rovers and said she wouldn’t be back, even if she was handing out free nuts 🤣🤣
Loved Norris, getting in about the gossip and desperate for Karen to find out about the quiz. Christ, it really really shows how absolute shit current Corrie is.
I love the humour from older generation, Blanche's one liners are so good she makes me laugh so much 🤣

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
You had bastard, slut and bitch all in one episode. The censors thankfully took a day off.

Sarah is still consistently shit with picking bed buddies though 😅

• Haha

takingthemickmick

VIP Member
Shame that Eileen is such a shit character now being lumbered with bloody George and Mary (doubting myself now that his name is even George)
I haven't watched the current ones in years now but I've noticed that characters over a certain age seem to get a personality transplant and become dopey and no longer get any decent storylines. Gail Platt being a perfect example of that.

Wanda had me absolutely howling, her describing Ken as a 'fine bit of trouser' and her hogging the bathroom, Blanche declaring that she only goes once a week so shouldn't be rushed. Just brilliant.

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I watched thinking I’m sure Orchid was in it longer forgetting we get through what was back then a week’s worth of episodes in two days.
I feel for Sarah though Gail seems more upset about Todd kissing Nick than what he’s done to her.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
chesney and sophie under the table was amazing! 🤌

"get off me woman!"

and there ended her interest in boys! 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Oh Mike didn’t take it off them in the end and they’re pals again.
But Fred’s joys were short lived as he had Claire’s tax office mother turn up to scour his books, I say, scour his books.

Absolutely thrilling stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 6