Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
It’s a good thing they left them in.
History should not be whitewashed to be politically correct and it’s important that people see how prejudiced things were not that long ago an£ how far we have moved forward.

Reactions: 20

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Sometimes the best lines in Classic Corrie go almost unnoticed.

Norris talking to Ken and Blanche in the Rovers
"You might know that we have an eerie presence in The Kabin."
Blanche replies
"Aye, I don't know why Rita keeps you on!"

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Lucy Jo Hudson must have taken a photo of Sonic the Hedgehog to the hairdressers that’s the only way she ended up with that haircut.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

IngressUK

VIP Member
So if Norris watches 'Bad Girls', then how come he hasn't recognised Shell Dockley (Frankie) and Pam Jolly (Cilla) living on the Street?

😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14

eeeee1

Chatty Member
Loved the Claire sweeney reference from Sunita knowing she is now in Corrie 😂😂
It always made me laugh that the factory girls and the cab office and Sarah and Leanne all had boyzone posters, and now they see Keith Duffy at the pub and no one noticed.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Blanche was on top form today. 🤣 These recent episodes with the game show have been great.
Blanche: “Good looks are a curse, Deirdre. You and Kenneth should count yourselves lucky” 😄😄

I loved the scenes of Steve frantically trying to stop Karen from seeing a TV

• Haha
Reactions: 13

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
I bet Katy can pick up Radio 2 via that hair 😂

I like Bruno Langley better than the new Todd. I don’t watch much present day Corrie but I can see the new one waiting for his lines.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

kendallroysdownfall

Chatty Member
The scene between Eileen and Todd was absolutely perfect. Eileen played the part so naturally. Why are none of the actors given real and raw scenes like this anymore? Everything is now so over the top and beyond theatrical. It's almost like an American soap. Scenes like this, as well as genuine Jack and Vera type comedy are what's completely lacking in today's Coronation Street. I wish I had the bloody skills to apply for that script writers job!

Elsie1988

I forgot how many scenes were filmed outside of coronation street. Modern day Corrie is quite stale as a lot of the scenes are in the street only. Watching classic eps there’s the weatherfield arms, the eps in the swingers house, Webster’s dining out the quiz show etc. It does make it more interesting.

takingthemickmick

VIP Member

"In 2001, Toyah was raped, badly beaten and left for dead by an unknown attacker, who was later revealed to be her friend Phil Simmonds.

According to The Sun, viewers will learn that Toyah became pregnant following the attack, and the baby was stillborn. Facing further trauma in addition to what she had already experienced, Toyah buried the baby in a park."

This makes no sense. Toyah was still in coronation street for about a year after the attack and there was no sign of a pregnancy.

• Wow