Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The episode with the reenactment took so much effort with most of the cast involved and they had the lowest Corrie viewing figures of the year in 2002. Probably because everyone was watching the jubilee concert.
I thought it was really boring! And don’t even remember seeing it the first time

Reactions: 3
The only good bit was when Roy pushed Fred over.
Then the next day, Steve asked Fred if he was ok as he had heard “he came a cropper”
Great scripting that line

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The only good bit was when Roy pushed Fred over.
Then the next day, Steve asked Fred if he was ok as he had heard “he came a cropper”
Great scripting that line
Steve has fairly ramped up the facial expressions over the last few weeks

CE0E75BD-41FE-47EC-8EDB-E6D701B0C881.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is it guess what drugs he is on in each image? 🤣
Apparently Simon Gregson used to have ching for breakfast back in the 90s, causing him to miss filming or turn up high/hungover. Then big Charlie Lawson set him straight, so he did

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No classic Corrie? what am I going to do with myself, I say what am I going to do with myself? 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
No episodes today?
Oh already answered, bloody snooker.
They could’ve at least put them on the hub.

Reactions: 2
I like the Bet return scenes.

Bet's scene with Les was hilarious. 🤣

Janice calling her an old slapper.

Rita and Bet finally facing each other after seven years.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Am I the only person who can't stand Bet? Never liked her. Laughed out loud when Janice called her an old slapper 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I liked Bet up until her return in today's episodes. She used to be a likable character, when she was there full time, she fitted in well. But Corrie moved on, different characters and there was a different momentum. I think Julie Goodyear left it too late for a comeback.

Reactions: 8
Enjoyed the episodes today.

Bet was very bitter, almost like she didn't want to be in Weatherfield. But loved her interactions with the others.

Not surprised Julie called it a day. She wasn't happy at the filming schedule. No great loss to the show either ironically, when she left in 1995 that was a big hole to fill. In 2002 they more or less had a decent Rovers set up.

I liked Bet when she was in it originally but when she returned with that awful wig no thanks she was horrid.

Reactions: 1
Her 2003 return was better. She wasn't so bitter and cold.

It was also a story that saw the returns of Jim and Liz McDonald, as well as Cecil Newton - who had morphed into a Inspector Wexford lookalike. 😆

I'm sure if Bet had remained, the coldness and bitterness would have subsided, she would have been running the Rovers again and finally made up with Rita.

The early 00's was a time when soaps were trying to get back to the glory years by bringing back popular characters. In EE, they tried to get Den and Angie to return around the same time, with Den eventually returning in late 2003.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.