Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure what's more frightening: Tricky Dicky, or the fact that this episode will be twenty years old this Sunday
Classic Corrie at the present time still blows what is produced today out of the water.

I caught an episode of regular Corrie recently and thought WTF. It was utter rubbish!

Corrie really has fallen from grace in modern times.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Classic Corrie at the present time still blows what is produced today out of the water.

I caught an episode of regular Corrie recently and thought WTF. It was utter rubbish!

Corrie really has fallen from grace in modern times.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: soaps work best when they don't get ideas above their station. Corrie was a rich, humorous portrayal of everyday folk on a little cobbled backstreet in Manchester. Sure, there was the occasional Tricky Dicky or Alan Bradley, but they were used sparingly, so when they did come along they were properly shocking. Nowadays the producers/writers seem to think that wall to wall murders and explosions and tragedy are what Joe Public wants.

Scenes like this always put a smile on my face:

No explosions, no murders, no one coming back from the dead. Just a very touching send off for one of the biggest icons of all time

• Heart
Reactions: 13
“new” corrie is abysmal now. Haven’t watched for a good 10 yrs. classic corrie blows it out of the park.

Reactions: 7
Said this on the current Corrie thread but I feel like there’s a community feel in the classic episodes that you don’t get in the new ones

Reactions: 6
Good old Corrie I'm glad the writers/producers didn't make the mistake of killing Norris off.

Reactions: 2
I wish ITV3 would stop messing around with the start times of Classic Corrie.

One day it starts at 2:30pm, another at 2:15pm. On another day, at a another different time.
You could do what I do, if it suited you - prerecord the episodes at 07.00am Monday to Friday instead. They always start on time and you miss nothing.

Reactions: 1
Good old Corrie I'm glad the writers/producers didn't make the mistake of killing Norris off.
Although Brian Park did axe Norris in 1997.

Luckily he was brought back in 1999, as with Blanche at the end of 1998.

I actually prefer Maureen Lipman as Lillian Spencer than the faux Blanche known as Evelyn.

Reactions: 3
So it’s been just over a year since Richard Hillman attended Alma’s funeral. How much longer until the ‘Norman Bates with a briefcase’ scene?

Reactions: 2
Thread title suggestion:

#4 we said goodbye to Betty and a brief hello to Bet
Is it time for Richard to start killing yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: soaps work best when they don't get ideas above their station. Corrie was a rich, humorous portrayal of everyday folk on a little cobbled backstreet in Manchester. Sure, there was the occasional Tricky Dicky or Alan Bradley, but they were used sparingly, so when they did come along they were properly shocking. Nowadays the producers/writers seem to think that wall to wall murders and explosions and tragedy are what Joe Public wants.

Scenes like this always put a smile on my face:

No explosions, no murders, no one coming back from the dead. Just a very touching send off for one of the biggest icons of all time
Sometimes it’s nice to have something ‘easy’ to watch. I love classic Corrie for that!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.