Claire Balding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually agree. We bought our house 10 years ago and we went with a neutral pallet for walls, floors, sofa, bed frames and spent far to much on a heavy nature fabric curtains. Which turned out to be the best buy. We bought statement pieces, sideboard, dinning room chairs (keeping the table simple) and occasional chairs, we added colour and texture with rugs, interesting lamps, cushions, bed linen, prints and art work and chop and change that a lot. I suppose as my aunt is a interior designer we got lots of helpful tips and advice. The house doesn't look dated as we can change the smaller items offer and adding trends.
We had kids with novoviris during lockdown and the sofa has taken a big beating so that needs to be replaced as soon as possible but we will stay with the same neutral colour scheme and maybe go for a different style.
Claire's house looks dirty and messy and in need of a deep clean. I agree that the units are going to date fast and she will end up having to (begging for) a new kitchen. She hasn't done the prep and has painted a press shut so therefore I don't hold out much hope of it lasting.
I don't understand how she can live in such a messy, cluttered environment. She never gives the place a really good clean.
She has so much going for her if she would just motive herself. A house, a beautiful family, supportive husband, parents and brother, Ian in secure employment, the making of a great business but she just is not capable of pulling herself together to make a success. She badly needs to lay off the booze and get counselling.
I agree she def needs to get help & get her mental health under control. Cut out the drink full stop that’s only going to make it worse. She has no get up and go and that’s sad she’s only 33 and she has achieved a lot for 33. I hope for her and her family’s sake she does get help b4 she gets any worse. It’s sad to see someone so young lose their drive

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I agree, she really has an awful lot going for her if she could pull herself together.
The way she's going I can see her doing the opposite and dismantling the good things she has- her marriage, relationship with her kids etc.

Reactions: 1
Was it just me or was she majorly hinting she’d love a double extension, I suppose it worked for the paint 🙄, the mocking voice she uses is so condescending “grey walls or beige walls eh no I want everyone to know I’m in Claire and Ian’s gaff” duck off Claire!! She’s that self obsessed she thinks she actually had taste “the salon was all me” I want that at home now, the salon was foul cheap and nasty looking, poor Denise having to work with that now although she has started changing it and it does look much better

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Was it just me or was she majorly hinting she’d love a double extension, I suppose it worked for the paint 🙄, the mocking voice she uses is so condescending “grey walls or beige walls eh no I want everyone to know I’m in Claire and Ian’s gaff” duck off Claire!! She’s that self obsessed she thinks she actually had taste “the salon was all me” I want that at home now, the salon was foul cheap and nasty looking, poor Denise having to work with that now although she has started changing it and it does look much better
I could b completely wrong but watching her story last night when she was talking about the double story extension I thought she was on the verge of tears. It’s like that was another thing f**king up. I’m not sticking up for her but I def think she needs to get her mental health sorted. She clearly at one point had a lot of ambition & drive now it comes across like she has no willpower to do r finish anything. She looks so dragged down for 33

Reactions: 5
I actually hope someone does go in and offer to do the kitchen for free. My OCD is in overdrive watching the mess unfold 🙈🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've full on anxiety watching her do that kitchen. She really is ballsing it up. Feicing cupboard painted shut and now the handles stuck to the paper. 🙄

Reactions: 8
I've full on anxiety watching her do that kitchen. She really is ballsing it up. Feicing cupboard painted shut and now the handles stuck to the paper. 🙄
How didn't she see that the wet paint would stick to the paper???

Reactions: 4
& the casual AF chat there about Ian driving home from a wedding still pi$$ed from the night before, does she realise she's in self destruct mode?!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Denise took those poxy looking Pom Poms Claire made out of the Pelo window - used to drive me mad the way some were way too short compared to the others 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Denise took those poxy looking Pom Poms Claire made out of the Pelo window - used to drive me mad the way some were way too short compared to the others 😂
Trying to be all funky and edgy they just looked cheap, Pelo in newbridge is a fab salon

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank christ they were disgraceful 😂😂. Funny alright how she’s bumping into her mam on a daily basis before the warehouse opened 🤣🤣 her mam was rarely mentioned only spoke of if she was going around for a birthday or funeral not on a daily basis prior to opening her new premises oh sorry i mean warehouse 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was Joanne " A Proud Home" , who made those pom poms.
Where can you see the changes to the Dublin Pelo? I also thought it didn't fit in at all with Denise's brand.

Reactions: 1
It was Joanne " A Proud Home" , who made those pom poms.
Where can you see the changes to the Dublin Pelo? I also thought it didn't fit in at all with Denise's brand.
I was passing and noticed they were gone, along with some weird animal head they had by the desk I think. It defo looks a bit more chic now.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.