Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That reminds me of quite a few years back when I was wearing a DVF leopard print dress for NYE and posted a pic on Facebook. I had so many messages along the lines of 'congratulations?!' and I was like no, that's a blinis and champagne baby!
It was this dress, still have it.

I found it extremely funny that I had a pot belly from scoffing too much before we went out and people thought I was pregnant 🤣

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Funnily enough I was thinking about starters yesterday....we always had prawn cocktail but next year I'm cooking lunch and I'll be stressed enough getting the roast out on time, there's no way my brain could handle adding a starter into the mix haha
I never do starters but if I did it would be something cold that can be prepared before like prawn cocktail or parma ham and melon ... Timings for Christmas lunch is tricky enough as it is, plus oven/stove space.

Reactions: 3
I’m wearing a dress this year to give me another chance to wear the dress I bought for my work Christmas do.

Reactions: 2
Any Londoners- winter wonderland looks SO empty since they started charging for it :) have seen multiple pics!
Can’t help but wonder if it’s empty because it’s tit tho?

The one and only time I went I’ve never seen so many fights kick off anywhere before, it’s full of horribly aggressive cokehead blokes and their Home Counties huns. Idk how to describe it other than terrible 😳

Reactions: 7
Agree it's absolutely full of terrible behaviour. I wouldn't ever take children there. Last time I went was years ago where we were funneled in a queue to get in where we were pushed about and then even inside there were queues to get inside to other places. Never again. We left to go somewhere civilized in Mayfair and saw a mugging, so decided to head home. I don't feel safe at all around Knightsbridge, I'd avoid it at night.

Reactions: 6

The one and only time I went I’ve never seen so many fights kick off anywhere before, it’s full of horribly aggressive cokehead blokes and their Home Counties huns. Idk how to describe it other than terrible 😳
It’s also disgustingly overpriced for families, is bad taste for those travelling in especially without much money

Agree it's absolutely full of terrible behaviour. I wouldn't ever take children there. Last time I went was years ago where we were funneled in a queue to get in where we were pushed about and then even inside there were queues to get inside to other places. Never again. We left to go somewhere civilized in Mayfair and whitenessed a mugging, so decided to head home. I don't feel safe at all around Knightsbridge, I'd avoid it at night.
Agree completely. With the above I remembered the only other place I’ve been that was worse was Mangle nightclub where blokes were chucking glasses at each other and breaking out into fights, then months later Fern Mccan’s fella chucked acid at someone there - absolutely no surprise it was the most horrible vibe. It’s got the exact same horrible demographic of gear and beer sort of bloke and it always ends up nasty, agreed I’d never take my LO to WW unless I wanted to show her the sort of men to avoid at all costs.

Knightsbridge etc is rife with watch and bag theft now apparently, someone got hit over the head with a hammer or a bike helmet the other month didn’t they? Not for me either tbh.

• Wow
What’s everyones thoughts on workplace secret santa?

I really don’t want to take part this year, all I ever get is a generic present with little thought and I’d much rather spend £10 on items for the local food bank instead for people actually in need. I just know I’ll be seen as a grinch even though I love Christmas, and I’ll have everyone in my ear all of December asking why I’m not taking part.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not surprised, Knightsbridge has a terrible feeling about it. Feels more like another country with huge wealth disparity (I wanted to name another country here, but worried that could be offensive).

I wouldn't recommend anyone visiting London to go there. It's probably not any safer during the daytime. Full of undercover private security that spring into action regularly. I've got an event there soon and the only way I'm going is by having a car to pick me up right from the exit, I wouldn't do a 5-10 min walk to the tube especially at this time of year.

Knightsbridge etc is rife with watch and bag theft now apparently, someone got hit over the head with a hammer or a bike helmet the other month didn’t they? Not for me either tbh.

We went the year before covid and loved it. We went when it wasn't super busy and early during the day though. It was muddy! We saw Paddington on ice but didn't go to everything.

The churros were over priced at £7, but my sister liked them.

Ice skating is always best at Queensway or the natural history museum before they stopped.

I really don’t want to take part this year, all I ever get is a generic present with little thought and I’d much rather spend £10 on items for the local food bank instead for people actually in need. I just know I’ll be seen as a grinch even though I love Christmas, and I’ll have everyone in my ear all of December asking why I’m not taking part.
We are just buying and wrapping an item for £2, then it's going in a big sack for like a Secret Santa lucky dip. Obviously it will all be absolute tat it's just more for morale.

P.s little bit in love with these sainsburys pj's today.
20221121_100757.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11

One of my team mates put a message on Teams suggesting we do secret Santa and there was no replies as no one else wanted to do one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

We discussed it yesterday in work and agreed it was pointless, we're a big team and I don't know half of the people well enough to get them anything other than a generic giftset type present.

Reactions: 5
We are just buying and wrapping an item for £2, then it's going in a big sack for like a Secret Santa lucky dip. Obviously it will all be absolute tat it's just more for morale.

P.s little bit in love with these sainsburys pj's today.
View attachment 1751442
Tempted to go have a look in my local sainsburys as I need new pjs and primark is so overpriced now🤦🏻‍♀️