Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a massive problem, I have done all my shopping for this Xmas. My mother is disabled and not entirely with it and has now asked me to buy tins of shortbread etc. But I've done all that and if I give it to her early she'll forget then I'll have to buy more and I can't afford it. I bought her lots of comforting things like pyjamas and cashmere socks but she wants them now. The reason why it came up is that she was stating what she wants and I said I've already got you that 🥺

It's blowing out a hole in my budget.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Funnily enough I was thinking about starters yesterday....we always had prawn cocktail but next year I'm cooking lunch and I'll be stressed enough getting the roast out on time, there's no way my brain could handle adding a starter into the mix haha

Reactions: 2
Funnily enough I was thinking about starters yesterday....we always had prawn cocktail but next year I'm cooking lunch and I'll be stressed enough getting the roast out on time, there's no way my brain could handle adding a starter into the mix haha
I don’t do a starter never have me and my family wouldn’t be able to handle a starter and main then dessert 🤣.

Reactions: 7
We've always just grazed on Xmas morning. There are so many things around like clementines, cheese, nuts, chocolate that we usually just have smoked salmon on bread and take it from there.

Grazing does actually fill you up!! Prawn cocktail sounds great, very fresh before all the stodge to follow 🤣

Reactions: 3
I have a massive problem, I have done all my shopping for this Xmas. My mother is disabled and not entirely with it and has now asked me to buy tins of shortbread etc. But I've done all that and if I give it to her early she'll forget then I'll have to buy more and I can't afford it. I bought her lots of comforting things like pyjamas and cashmere socks but she wants them now. The reason why it came up is that she was stating what she wants and I said I've already got you that 🥺

It's blowing out a hole in my budget.
Can you not say they are for Christmas and its not Christmas yet so you cant have them.

Reactions: 5
Can you not say they are for Christmas and its not Christmas yet so you cant have them.
I'll try...she isn't very rational but I'll give it a shot!

She only exceptionally drinks alcohol so perhaps if I distracted her with a brandy and tried to talk about it then made a run
She has dementia, I feel a guilt pang when she states the things she wants as I have tried to fulfill that. But I'm exceptionally broke and about to drop out of my MSc so if she doesn't get another present Xmas day she will scream her head off at me. This is one of the reasons I decided not to have children. If I had to go through this again decades later I think I would commit hard kari.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
We've always just grazed on Xmas morning. There are so many things around like clementines, cheese, nuts, chocolate that we usually just have smoked salmon on bread and take it from there.

Grazing does actually fill you up!! Prawn cocktail sounds great, very fresh before all the stodge to follow 🤣
There is a peach coloured sauce in a jar from Iceland that you can put with prawns, lettuce and whatever else goes into a prawn cocktail.
I had it at a family Christmas do a few years ago and the bloke who made it is doing it specially for me this year!(I was like a dog with a bone for it 🐶😋). 😁

ETA - it was really refreshing. I can just picture and taste the crispy lettuce, prawns and sauce.......😋😋😋😋😋😋

Reactions: 3
My house has been Christmasised 🤶☃⛄. I'm quite relieved that it didn't take as long as I was expecting. Just need to add a few bits and faff with the tree 🎄

Went to Sostrene Green today and got the most adorable square Christmas tins. They're perfect for hot chocolate/cookies etc..

• Heart
I have ordered my Christmas day dress today. Do people like to go glam or dress for comfort?

Reduced to £20.. yes please 💃.
Screenshot_20221121-205631_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i tend to go more ‘nice and comfy’ rather than dressing up. i need to comfy whilst i eat my xmas dinner 😁

• Heart
Gorgeous! If I'm in the mood I'll put on my silver sequin strapless dress. Otherwise it's jeans 🤣

It often depends on how lively you feel!
Jeans 😱😱😱😱

Surely jeans are illegal on Xmas day. How do you eat all the good food with jeans on?!!

• Haha
I am strictly a dress or leggings girl.

Got ti have the full freedom without the risk of flashing my pants haha
That reminds me of quite a few years back when I was wearing a DVF leopard print dress for NYE and posted a pic on Facebook. I had so many messages along the lines of 'congratulations?!' and I was like no, that's a blinis and champagne baby!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11