Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first time in my adult life I seem to have hit the correct buffet ratio 😱. I have nothing left other than some filo prawns and camembert. It's really strange and disconcerting as I've usually half a freezer full of samosas/sliders at this point 🤣.
Me too and it feels so good! Just a few chocolates left which will get eaten eventually.

Just received a Christmas card today (31 December) that was posted first class on 6 December. Is this a record or has someone else's cards taken longer to arrive this month?

Reactions: 3
We've got more sweet stuff left than savoury, although I have got quite a bit of cheese left. Going to do a buffet later with everything we have left 😋

Reactions: 2
Just received a Christmas card today (31 December) that was posted first class on 6 December. Is this a record or has someone else's cards taken longer to arrive this month?
Not a card but waiting for something posted from Ireland Nov 6th - my sister’s gotten hers a few days ago, still waiting on mine 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yesterday I received an item that was posted 16th December by tracked 48. Royal Mails idea of 48 hours and mine are a little different!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We've got more sweet stuff left than savoury, although I have got quite a bit of cheese left. Going to do a buffet later with everything we have left 😋
I'm the opposite more savory than sweet which is a first :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Right, my smart watch is telling me I’ve made 29 trips up the stairs (assuming that’s included the ladder to the attic) but the decorations are gone. House looks so bare.
I miss Christmas 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I got one a couple of days ago that was posted at the beginning of December. I've also got two parcels still outstanding.

I don't think the Royal Mail have done themselves any favours. I used Evri a couple of times to send some stuff because of the strikes and on both occasions it was cheaper than RM and got there next day.

As an aside, I'm not doing Christmas card next year. I literally got a handful and they were either handed to me or posted through the door. It's not worth it especially as the stamps cost more than the cards these days.

Happy New Year Christmas watchers
My tree is coming down tomorrow. Living room is going to feel like a mansion for a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just had my Sunday Roast, followed by ANOTHER home made xmas pudd, this time
one of my Mother's.

Still got plenty of stuff to eat, still haven't opened our can of Quality Street yet, still
got a can of Roses to deal with and I have some dry roasted peanuts to stuff my face
with.

Just had my Sunday Roast, followed by ANOTHER home made xmas pudd, this time
one of my Mother's.

Still got plenty of stuff to eat, still haven't opened our can of Quality Street yet, still
got a can of Roses to deal with and I have some dry roasted peanuts to stuff my face
with.
I keep seeing posts like this one

Screenshot_20230101_143449_Instagram.jpg

And I'm like I already decided to wait until 9th Jan as I have so much unopened nice stuff in the house! Me and the husband have been ill since Xmas eve so have hardly touched all the goodies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Our Christmas decs have come down today.

We’ve got so much food still as we were away over Christmas. What doesn’t get eaten today/tomorrow I think I will send to work with husband Tuesday as I’ve definitely overdone it 🐷

Reactions: 2
My tree comes down tomorrow. Having one last evening in front of the telly with all the lights on

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't take my tree down until I've finished the Christmas jigsaw, so I'd best get my finger pulled out. 😄🤬

• Haha
I said my tree was coming down last Friday. It’s still up 😅 Definitely coming down in the morning.

I'm in some weird time warp. I'm eating mini eggs sat next to my Christmas tree 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17