Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dumped my lights and decorations in the box and told myself it was a problem for future me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think ours will be Friday/Saturday as the wife is working so I am not trusted with decoration removal as there's an awful lot of irreplaceable ones from down the years.

I'm in charge of the tree lights. I noticed a little flicker in part of one set, so it'll be soldering iron and multimeter out to check for the dicky connection. Hoping its just one or two needing the insulation nipping tight. Its now a lot easier with just 3 strings each of 2000 lights. Used to feel like Clark Griswold with extension leads hanging off extension leads when it was a few hundred on a string.

I'll probably do the battery pull tomorrow, along with a preliminary round up of Christmas plates/dishes/mugs etc so they are all in one of the boxes ready to be distributed around, so there's not a hugely heavy box full to lump up into the loft. Plus less likely to kill a dinner set or set of glasses if they are spread about a bit.

Reactions: 2
We took the tree, decs and outdoor lights down today. Can't believe it's over for another year 😔 Started early this morning though, so managed to do a full house clean too then a nice soak in the bath to finish a very productive day. Sad, but glad everywhere feels clean and fresh again.

Reactions: 6
It's the winding up of the lights that is the worse job. You just know that if you do a slap dash job it will be a nightmare next year untangling them.
I really tried to mine away tidy, but couldn't figure out how to do it. So just shoved them in the box thinking to myself, ah that's a future problem 🤣

I dumped my lights and decorations in the box and told myself it was a problem for future me.
Snap!

Reactions: 1
I really tried to mine away tidy, but couldn't figure out how to do it. So just shoved them in the box thinking to myself, ah that's a future problem 🤣

Snap!
I usually wrap mine around a paper towel tube and then put them in a large sandwich bag. Unfortunately the tube disappeared this time and I didn't have one spare so this year they just got wound around my hand and shoved in the bag. I envisage some words of irritation next year 😆.

• Haha
I wrap my lights around a plastic bottle 😄 but I think Christmas 2023 we’re going to get a new pre-lit tree, we just had a £15 dunelm special for our bedroom when we lived in my mum’s but this year we want girthier and a bit taller!

we used to wrap our lights round a coat hanger which worked well. about two years ago we got a balsam hill pre-lit tree, ended up being £139 down from £419 or something ridiculous in their summer sale. definitely worth the sale price but can't speak to longevity yet. setting an xmas tree up in june (to check it worked) was quite fun though!

Reactions: 7
I purchased some discounted wrap, tags and cards in sainsburys, I was annoyed though as they usually still apply the 3 for 2 even though reduced but didn't this year.
Oxfam were selling discounted wrapping paper and it was lovely, Kraft paper so recyclable but with much cuter designs than the M&S equivalent. Also selling half price Tony’s and Divine chocolate which won’t keep for a year but a nice post Christmas treat? Regret not buying wrapping but had too much going on with toddler tbh.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else thinking about this years Christmas yet?:unsure:
I ordered something in the sale to put away for my daughter and I’m planning on picking up presents throughout the year.. My niece will be about 15 months so I will pick up toys as I see them and I’ve already decided what I want to get for my parents.

My tree is coming down tomorrow 😔
This evening has been spent watching Christmas movies and stuffing my face.

• Heart
Reactions: 9