Christmas Watch 2022 #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so shocked at how many people have already taken the decs down! If you have, when did you put them up? Is it because you went early and did them in November?

We put ours up sometime in the first week of December usually and take them down between 2nd-5th January. It’s such a lot of effort to put them up and winter is so miserable once Christmas is over, I’m in no rush to get back to normality!
Mine went up second weekend in Dec. We have to move the lounge around to accommodate the tree . The only place it really works is in the bay window where we usually have another sofa. So after three weeks of it we are ready to move everything back! I still have Xmas food, chocs, candles and flowers , just no tree .

Reactions: 2
we always did the 12 days before and 12 days after but for the last few years its come down on NYE, which I much prefer as I started to resent looking at Xmas decorations!

Reactions: 1
When we were growing up my mum always took our decorations down on the 5th January and put up balloons for my sisters birthday on the 6th. I think ours will probably come down on New Years Eve or New Years Day as we don't have any plans, so can use the time to do a big clean afterwards.

Just finished putting all the Dec's and tree etc away and had a good clean round. We normally put them up first weekend of December.
I love Christmas time but soon as boxing day is over I've had enough and want to get back to normal.

My decorations and tree come down New Years Day.

I look forward to putting them all up then I look forward to putting it all away. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
My decorations and tree come down New Years Day.

I look forward to putting them all up then I look forward to putting it all away. :ROFLMAO:
Same 🤣 I love the build up and always put mine up in November but come Boxing Day I’m just itching to get my house back to normality.

Reactions: 5
I want to take my tree down now but my daughter wants to keep it up. I’m compromising on Friday/Saturday.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I want to take my tree down now but my daughter wants to keep it up. I’m compromising on Friday/Saturday.
The tree's the best bit for me. Maybe you should buy one of those brown or white trees something like this:-
I got mine from a gift shop without lights and the bark is realistic.
Then your daughter can decorate it for the seasons e.g. Valentines day - hearts, champagne glasses, Easter - hanging decorations, summer - fairies, marabou fur trim.
Home Bargains and Hobbycraft are good sources.
It will take the sting out of losing the Christmas tree - she can transfer some of the ornaments off the tree on to it that aren't particularly Christmassy.
I keep mine in the conservatory and it's a real talking point.
Some people do a "food" tree - buying ornaments to fit. Children can also craft things for the tree.

• Heart
The tree's the best bit for me. Maybe you should buy one of those brown or white trees something like this:-
I got mine from a gift shop without lights and the bark is realistic.
Then your daughter can decorate it for the seasons e.g. Valentines day - hearts, champagne glasses, Easter - hanging decorations, summer - fairies, marabou fur trim.
Home Bargains and Hobbycraft are good sources.
It will take the sting out of losing the Christmas tree - she can transfer some of the ornaments off the tree on to it that aren't particularly Christmassy.
I keep mine in the conservatory and it's a real talking point.
Some people do a "food" tree - buying ornaments to fit. Children can also craft things for the tree.
Thanks for the recommendations

I didn’t take mine down today, but wish I had as there seem to be aphids hatching from it 😂😂 it’s got to go tomorrow!

• Wow
I'm planning on take the tree down before school starts next week I have finally decided, my daughter wants to keep it up but honestly there's just so much fake snow falling off of it it's everywhere.

We have had the tree for a few years but a few house moves have knackered it, so I'll be looking for a new one in the sales.

i'm planning to put £10 a week aside from january so i always have an xmas pot to spend from through the year. also kept a notion checklist this year and made a table so i could tick off what i'd bought, wrapped and where i've stored it for each person. think i spent about £300 total this year so should have a fair bit left over for the sales or birthdays too

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I like keeping mine up until New Years is over. This week is the time you really get to enjoy them being up. All through December up to Christmas eve you're at work, present shopping, preparing everything, now you can finally sit back watch tv, eat food, relax at home... why waste it cleaning and putting it all away

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm glad I did Park Christmas this year as had a decent voucher to splash on my 2023 presents in boots (which usually would be my wages!) So that's definitely helped, and started saving for next year too as its like £12 a month I think.

I started my Christmas present shopping for 2023 today 🤭
I ordered something on Christmas Day morning for next year 🤣🤣

I’m planning to pick up presents all year and save a set amount each month for the Christmas budget.

I like keeping mine up until New Years is over. This week is the time you really get to enjoy them being up. All through December up to Christmas eve you're at work, present shopping, preparing everything, now you can finally sit back watch tv, eat food, relax at home... why waste it cleaning and putting it all away
Totally agree. I enjoy this week after Christmas so much. Had a quick clean today, but went round the tree n decs 😂 fresh and clean but still festive till after New year

Reactions: 8
For the first time in my adult life I seem to have hit the correct buffet ratio 😱. I have nothing left other than some filo prawns and camembert. It's really strange and disconcerting as I've usually half a freezer full of samosas/sliders at this point 🤣. We're not actually entertaining over new year but I still felt the need for a lidl dash. All that was left were no duck spring rolls.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For the first time in my adult life I seem to have hit the correct buffet ratio 😱. I have nothing left other than some filo prawns and camembert. It's really strange and disconcerting as I've usually half a freezer full of samosas/sliders at this point 🤣. We're not actually entertaining over new year but I still felt the need for a lidl dash. All that was left were no duck spring rolls.
Oh I've only got left a few duck spring rolls and some sausages rolls :giggle: