Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
We’ve got a nice long (but narrow) window at the top of our hallway. Thinking about doing some kind of advent scene on it - any thoughts? It’s probably about 50cm wide and maybe 140cm tall (very rough guess!)

Neither am I, I also ordered the roses, sunflowers and succulents. Still want the orchid and then I’m done for now.
I’ve done the succulents and they’re a nice set, but imo Lego could have done more with that. They’re a rare set in that botanical range that I think are actually well proportioned. I have the flowers too which are by far the front runners!

I’ve just finished the boutique hotel which I loved. I’ve got the book/coffee shop one too, the type writer (not an easy set), the old VW, some misc architecture sets and some Christmas ones I wouldn’t know the name of. My husband always gets the OTT car ones. With my next order will likely get the Winnie the Pooh & Sesame Street sets to stash for when my little one is older. The only other set that interests me atm is the haunted house set, but I wish there was more than just mammoth buildings available tbh!

JSquared

VIP Member
It’s quite ambiguous though. Are they adopting this child? Is it a family member who has been removed from them who’s being allowed to spend Christmas with them? I couldn’t figure it out.

I took it that they are fostering the child. As it mentioned kids in care etc.

What dI you think Lego could have done better with the succulents? Do you have al the flowers or only the flower bouquet? I ordered the roses and sunflowers last night and think I’ll buy both of them in their own vases. I’m moving soon (only a small studio) and I’m a bit scared that the Lego will be too much.

You have quite a bit of Lego’s, especially combined with your partner. What kind of Lego person are you? Do you build and then unbuild and rebuild it again? Or do you keep them up? I keep my botanical collection up, but I will build and unbuild the Christmas ones, so I can rebuild it every year.

That’s a nice idea to already buy some Lego’s for when your kid is older!

Edit: sorry might have to move this conversation to the Lego thread haha.
I don’t want to disappoint you but I think the succulents are a bit flimsy! I think the base could have been better, more spacing between plants, and more intricate plants tbh. But also appreciate that would need to be reflected in the price and it’s not a set people are going to pay more for, so 🤷🏻‍♀️ I saw the orchid in store and its proportions are way off, as is the BoPs’!

I have the flower bouquet and I have two sets of tulips in an old Diptyque candle jar that makes me smile! I wanted the sunflowers but they were OOS when I was last in a Lego store, will likely add them onto my next order. I only ever build once but do retain the instructions & original bags in a nice sturdy zipper bag just in case I ever want to sell them. My husband always buys the ridiculous £ ones so I do the same for his, but his are currently all in boxes in an outbuilding I have no desire to display ugly cars in the house 😂. I don’t think either sets will overwhelm your flat - you can have the flowers in a normal vase and the succulents are teeny tiny so would work on a shelf! I’ve never bought preloved sets but I’d be tempted for the Simpsons set, but again hate how much of this is just… buildings.

Have you seen the Van Gogh set? I hope/pray they do more with MoMA - he’s not my fav artist but it’s a cool set/idea so I might get it…? I cycle through really wanting it and not! There’s also some Lego YouTubers, I hate bricksie he gives me major incel vibes but there’s a European bloke I love who used to design for Lego.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
But I love some of the newer ones, like Sia’s Santa’s coming for us! Never fails to put a smile on my face. And I love Coldplay’s Christmas lights. ETA - OMG AND FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!
I love some of the newer ones too. I really like Sia's Candy Cane Lane but the one I absolutely loved was Matt Lucas' Merry Christmas Baked Potato.

I enjoyed Robbie's Christmas album as well. I have terrible taste in music. 🤣

My 4 kids have lost 3 grandparents in the space of a year. We would really like to take them away over the Christmas holidays to give them something to look forward to. We don’t really want a cottage as it would be just like being at home, but a holiday park or lodge where there’s some entertainment and Christmas fun. Does anyone have recommendations? Kids ages range from 17years to 18 months.
(Nothing insanely pricey like centreparcs)
I'm not sure you'll find one to be honest. I looked into it a few years ago and all the holiday parks that are open, it's just the accommodation not any of the on site entertainment.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
Last couple of years. I get a tin of something for the kids. Celebrations. Q street...whatever. then for me and my partner. We get a selection of lindts. And the galaxy truffle boxes and some malteaser truffle things and put them all in a tub over December and Xmas. Fucking elite. Kids aren't allowed near it though
Love that 🤣 my 6yo isn’t so bothered about chocolate she’s just sweet mad. I usually have to make her a sweetie box up z

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I want to get OH a coffee syrup dispenser system (though realistically he only ever uses caramel flavoured). Not sure whether to buy a big bottle of Monin caramel syrup with one of their branded pumps - he’s run out anyway - or get a few glass bottles off Etsy or Amazon that we can fill with cheaper bigger bottles from Home Bargains etc. I was hoping to find an optic style one but it doesn’t look like that exists?

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It’s like Sophie’s choice!!!
i Think it has to be Last Christmas - Wham!
An alternative favourite is All That I Want by the Weepies which is technically a Christmas song.
Favourite hymn is O Holy Night. What a belter.
It is a tuuuune.

I absolutely love Once Upon A Christmas Song by Geraldine McQueen (Peter Kay). Written by Gary Barlow I think.

Is it easy to make Christmas Cake? I’d love to try it with my three year old if it’s not too hard. I’m not really a baker though so it’s probably a recipe for disaster 😂