Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

And_that's_okay!

VIP Member
Ex Jehovah's Witness here. First Christmas was at age 11.

I'm absolutely Christmas mad as an adult 🤭

Glad to find this thread

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Nurseali

VIP Member
I bought a ring doorbell on prime day. Not sure yet if I like it. 🤔 Already seen a half naked man jump over next door neighbours gate which has made me me more anxious not reassured.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

jackolantern

VIP Member
No theme here, just a mismatched collection of baubles from across my life, all with different memories ❤ I love it. Gaudy, nostalgic and manic. How Christmas should be 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 23

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Is anyone opting for any of the ✨luxury✨ advent calendars this year?
Not luxury but my siblings and I had an advent calander as kids that my mum made by sewing patchwork number pockets on and it’s got santas, reindeers, presents etc sewed on it too. When we became adults she gave it to me for my kids so we fill the pockets with mini chocolates, usually put a Lindt bear in day 25. Love that I had it when I was a child and now my children do too 🥺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Tree_

VIP Member
Last couple of years. I get a tin of something for the kids. Celebrations. Q street...whatever. then for me and my partner. We get a selection of lindts. And the galaxy truffle boxes and some malteaser truffle things and put them all in a tub over December and Xmas. Fucking elite. Kids aren't allowed near it though

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I'm 34 and my mum still hangs up the crappy cardboard glitter covered decs I made at playschool as a toddler

• Heart
Reactions: 20

candyland_

VIP Member
I put my Christmas tree up today 😂 I wanted to cheer my teenager up and to be honest I just wanted it done and dusted. She laughed her head off when she saw it after school and called me crazy 😅

It’s never went up before the 1st December in our house.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

sewcute

Chatty Member
New to this thread, I LOVE Christmas! But I need some advice.
Every year I host Christmas Eve at my house, so my husband the kids and I and then our parents, my brother, his sister and her husband and 2 kids. Then Christmas Day is with my family so we don’t see my in laws a part from Christmas Eve.
the 2 times we did Christmas Eve at my SIL house, she asked for us to pay our share for the food, no problem we did that’s fine. Then when I started she asked me how much money she owes me for the meal, so we said nothing just bring some alcohol for the evening. So they brought a bottle of wine with them, ok fine.
but now, they come every year and they come empty handed, not even a bottle of wine, a box of chocolates, nothing. And it’s really starting to piss me off, I spend about 800€ for this one meal alone.

we tell each other what to buy for the kids so we don’t have useless things. As my baby was only 6 months last year, I asked her for a gift card for clothes later on (as she already had thousands of toys) and I got her girls a bunch of toys from their Santa’s list. She got us a stuffed toy, that I don’t think was new it had a hole in it and was clearly not clean. This really pissed me off as it was my little girls first Christmas and no effort was made (and I spent quite a bit on her girls, I always do)

to top that off, on the 23rd of December she sent us a text saying, let’s just get each other 10€ max gifts, and spoil the kids rather than each other , ok fine, but it was the 23rd of December I had already bought the gifts. I wasn’t too bothered about that, I was bothered when my little girl got an old stuffed toy!

so this year,they are all getting small cheap presents. But please how can I tell them that I shouldn’t be paying for absolutely everything. My husband said we should say we are not hosting this year and that it’s their turn, but I don’t want to have my kids miss out on a lovely magical Christmas Eve, as they don’t actually make an effort

Ps: I know I sound like a bitch saying this but I just think it’s really unfair how they act towards us, we let them have free holidays in our holiday home etc. And I just feel like we are being used. And to clarify, they are not struggling money wise, they are not as well off as we are, but seriously they can more than afford a present for my little girl and bring a bottle of wine or something.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

ATV2021

VIP Member
I've booked onto a wreath making course in December. Did one last year & hung it on my back door (as my main entrance to the house) so I get to see it and no thieving 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

HoGi

VIP Member
Went to a couple of garden centres today to look at Xmas departments and it was lovely. Peaceful as its midweek in October so it meant we could actually look at everything properly.

Got a few nice baubles to add to my tree.

Bought my first Xmas pressie

And then I finished my audiobook on my way home and didn't want to chose a new one when I only had 5 mins left of my journey, so I popped heart Xmas on and sang along for the last bit of my drive home

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve just seen this on Twitter of all the Xmas films on Netflix, Disney+ and Prime…. Wonder how many I can watch if I start now 😂😂😂

7860D725-2C0B-457F-A474-736F7B26593D.jpeg
4AA8F22C-FA30-4555-B080-8DBE807991ED.jpeg
68E2A92C-933A-4FDA-BA10-DF86FBF2CB41.jpeg

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
We’ve bought some outdoors lights today to put up! My usually Grinch husband is feeling so festive this year, he says it’s because it’s our baby’s first Christmas and it’s special, but it’s very unnerving

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
I totally get the reasoning behind wanting to do Operation Christmas Child and everyone is entitled to their own views but just in case anyone isn’t aware, it’s run by fundamental Christians whose main aim is conversion. The boxes are sent mainly to Muslim countries (why would Muslims need Christmas gifts) and are distributed along with Christian literature to children who are then encouraged to attend a conversion course. So sorry for the downer, but just wanted to mention in case anyone didn’t know. Often locally there are shoebox schemes you can donate to instead.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16