Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
How is everyone storing their pre lit trees? I’d love to get one but remember my mam having one one year and then it must have got damaged at some point and didn’t work the next year.

Queen of the Thames

They tend to have a lot of sizes out and they'll wrap them up for you when you choose one. I go when they first start doing them at the beginning of December and it's not bedlam (this is pre COVID though so I'll have to check) and I'm sure they were £25 with a £15 voucher to spend in store.
I’m my country it was €20 and you get a €19 voucher, but it was in the news today that they aren’t doing that anymore.

Just seen that Tesco have put out their Christmas decorations etc, lots of Disney things. Looks like I'm heading there tomorrow!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Jenny Bell Christmas cups. Mine are so nice I just display them 😊

Silverback

VIP Member
So sorry for your loss ❤

When my Nan passed away many years ago, we had to do the same to keep my mum going.
Don’t put to much pressure on yourself for the day itself, if you know it’s going to be hard.

We always make a big thing of Christmas Eve so my mum has that to focus on - family dinner with ‘party food’, Christmas Eve boxes and a traditional Christmas film.
Christmas Day we started early to keep my mum distracted, light breakfast but we make the table all nice. Go for a dog walk etc.

Is there anything you did before that you would like to continue?
Not really. I think I’m just trying to distract myself and get past it by coming up with something new!

How old is yours if you don’t mind me asking? Not being a creep just praying the pics get better as they age, last year my then one year old was literally doing this in every photo

View attachment 1697984
Cos they were making her do shit like sit in a wooden box or pose with a duck 😂 It was £50 for the downloads for 4 pics, ngl it was a struggle to pick 4 where she wasn’t visibly fewmin.
She turned 3 on Friday. She actually refused to do any last year but I know if she did it would be the same as yours 😂 i was fully prepared for her not to do it or need me in them so I dressed up too. We ended up getting some of us together which was nice.

The main thing with Christmas cake is to bake it on a low temperature for quite a while.

There is no beating and making sure everything is in the right order like there is with a sponge cake as they are so dense with fruit.

Look on bbcgoodfood.com they have loads of easy recipes and comments from people so you can see if you are able to make it.

Most supermarkets sell presoaked fruit too so you can literally buy a bag if thar, whack some eggs, butter and flour in it and you have a cake
Presoaked fruit sounds good. Does the alcohol cook off? I’ve never had Christmas cake before 😂

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
+1 I’m not a fan of anything that smells sickly or synthetically sweet! I would love to be able to shop small/local with candles but I tried a few months ago + it came and reminded me of dettol baths 😭 so I’ve had the same few scents on rotation p much all pandemic out of fear of the unknown!!

I get the barriers to indie businesses doing discovery sets or even full blown advent calendars but wish there was a ♻ alternative to the Diptyque calendar. I was tempted ngl but just over rewarding shit brands for giving us bare minimum wrt environment/ethics.
Some alternatives

MrsLucas

VIP Member
Maybe an experience - make up or styling lesson. Learn about building a capsule wardrobe and applying makeup to suit her. Rather than being at the mercy of influencers and PR/marketing to make our young people think they have to have the latest, most expensive stuff.
So true. She had a make up lesson for her birthday which she found really useful. I like gifting things like that instead of just ‘stuff’. also totally agree it’s pretty rubbish the way the younger generation think that way of living is accessible for them all when in reality it is not and things are only going to get tougher for them sadly.

What colour theme are you guys having this year? Sorry if it’s already been mentioned

jimjamgem

I missed the new thread being created and have still to catch up. Not sure if the Country Living Christmas Fair has been discussed since the first thread but if you’re close to Glasgow itison are doing a deal on tickets!