Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sewcute

Chatty Member
I want to get OH a coffee syrup dispenser system (though realistically he only ever uses caramel flavoured). Not sure whether to buy a big bottle of Monin caramel syrup with one of their branded pumps - he’s run out anyway - or get a few glass bottles off Etsy or Amazon that we can fill with cheaper bigger bottles from Home Bargains etc. I was hoping to find an optic style one but it doesn’t look like that exists?
I live in France and I have seen Monin bottles in the optic dispensers, not sure if it’s in special dispensers or just the basic ones, but I’ve definitely seen them
This is a great gift idea !

ATV2021

VIP Member
I swear that's Rightmove?
Looking at the houses double your price range. :LOL:

I have recently developed bad sensitive skin (its got worse over time, not suddenly bad) so no gift sets this year, I'm afraid.
Specifically requested from family, no smelly gift sets. :LOL:
I've tried this...some listen...some do not 😅 hence I just started ebaying so I could get the things I can use...or letting the local charity shop make a few quid lol

Milktray

VIP Member
Do you have a good relationship with your next door neighbour? We asked ours to take some picture of the elf in their house, so one day I could just prop them up with the photos of their 'adventure' the night before.
That's a great idea - thank you!! I'm going to do that!

Porky penguin are your elf life saver. They do a pack of daily activities and a pack of jokes! Honestly, check them out. It's a game changer. I actually "enjoyed" doing the elf last year because of them! They change the packs every year too so never the same thing each year!
Ooh I'll check these out aswell! I really do need help with it, I'm not motivated in the slightest. Thank you!

Yeah, that's it. I'm talking years back, there used to be some unique stalls that sold little crafts quite reasonably but now, as you say, there's little in the way of that.
Yeah agreed the big markets are ttl tat, there are dedicated independent makers markets which look lovely from pics so far, I’m going to one early December so 🤞 as that’ll be where I’m doing a lot of present buying!!

ATV2021

VIP Member
It's down to £13 at the moment in tesco (clubcard prices) I can't see it going lower.
Sainsburys etc the last few years have done the 1L for £10 but I couldn't remember if it was end of November or more into December (was getting a bottle a week last year when it was 😆😆). Never drink it otherwise lol

HoGi

VIP Member
Sainsburys etc the last few years have done the 1L for £10 but I couldn't remember if it was end of November or more into December (was getting a bottle a week last year when it was 😆😆). Never drink it otherwise lol
Yeh tesco have done £10 previously but I just assume with the way prices are going that it is unlikely to go lower than £12/13

Holidaybobs

VIP Member
Does anyone have a good cinnamon cookie/biscuit recipe? I had some years ago at a Christmas fair that tasted so heavenly like Christmas in a cookie. But, I’ve never managed to find a recipe for anything similar