Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread has me howling. I wish people would just ask what shops etc people like and buy a gift card. I genuinely feel a supermarket gift card is more thoughtful rn than a dove shower set…
I asked my husband for a Superdrug gift card last Christmas, it's one of my favourite presents ever. It's kept me in skincare and hair dye for almost a whole year, and I've also bought new hairbrushes, a make-up bag, and even nicotine patches, and I get points on my loyalty card too. No Dove gift sets in this house!

Reactions: 28
I've been told I'm hard to buy for as I buy things I want but....

Nobody ever asks me if there's anything I'd like or want/need and then I end up with stuff I'm like 😒 about lol I end up regifting or charity shopping it (or reselling if worth it so can buy something I do want 🤣)

Reactions: 10
If someone is stuck on what to get me I always say a M&S gift card cant go wrong as the food from there is lovely.

Reactions: 18
This thread has me howling. I wish people would just ask what shops etc people like and buy a gift card. I genuinely feel a supermarket gift card is more thoughtful rn than a dove shower set…
Totally agree. Some people think vouchers are heartless gifts but if you know someone spends money at that place then at least you know they are going to use it!

Reactions: 7
I must be the odd one out as I don't actually mind Bayliss and Harding gift sets. I get one every year from my mother in law and it always gets used. I use Dove shampoo and body washes as standard so they always go down a treat too. I'm easily pleased

Reactions: 15
I must be the odd one out as I don't actually mind Bayliss and Harding gift sets. I get one every year from my mother in law and it always gets used. I use Dove shampoo and body washes as standard so they always go down a treat too. I'm easily pleased
Alas I'm allergic to most crap 😆 so they're not good gifts for me lol

Reactions: 5
Me too, I know I go through shower gel and hand soaps veryyyy quickly so it saves me buying them anyways. Of course it’s not a thoughtful gift but I can always make use of it and like you, I’m also very easily pleased 🙂

Reactions: 6
Any supermarket gift card would make me a happy girl 🤣

Reactions: 7
Wine that I don’t like. I love certain wines - not obscure wines by any means. I like most dry French whites and some Argentina Malbecs - and I drink far too much of them.
I receive endless wine that I cannot drink. Australian reds and fruity whites. Endless stuff that I then have to try and give away.

Put them into your cooking 👍🥴

Reactions: 1
Told bf months ago what I wanted for Christmas, it comes in & out of stock very irregularly. I signed him up for stock alerts… he missed them, which is wild for someone constantly glued to their email. The other day he told me I’d have to pick something different but as this is all I want there’s no point 🤣 god knows what I’ll end up with 🙈🙈🙈🙈 and I’ll have to buy what I really wanted myself 🫣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I was just remembering the worst present my mother got.

When I was primary school age, her boyfriend at the time gave her a box of chocolates, not wrapped up just in the store carrier bag and he hadn't even removed the big discount price sticker from the box. Can anyone beat that for pure cheapness and laziness?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

When I was primary school age, her boyfriend at the time gave her a box of chocolates, not wrapped up just in the store carrier bag and he hadn't even removed the big discount price sticker from the box. Can anyone beat that for pure cheapness and laziness?
I would of beat him to within an inch of his life - with the box of chocolates.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

With my ex, the first birthday I had whilst together, had been about 8 months.

He gave me a card, didn't seal it.. He took it out the envelope to show me it, then got his wallet out, put £10 in it and sealed it up 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Saw this on a random article about an advent calendar reduced to 25p in superdrug. Bet some of you would love working with that person 🤣

Screenshot_20221213-211929~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I like the idea of buying a really nice advent calendar and distributing the gifts among friends (if that's something you like to do) ...

My moan is about Secret Santa ... I just don't see the point of it all to be honest. I'd rather everyone pool their $20 and we go out for a nice lunch together somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Poor sod that ends up with the nail clippers
It'd be hard not to take it personally ... you'd wonder if someone was hinting at something!

We just had our Secret Santa and I gave my person a box of Baileys chocolates (very unoriginal, I know) - turns out they're teetotal and have alcoholics in the family so the present was not well received 🙃

I got a pack of Tarot cards which have double-ups, no instructions and mis-spellings throughout

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.