Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My MIL bought me size small pj’s when i was 8 months pregnant at Christmas and i’d gained a bit of weight. her response was ’hopefully you can get back in them if not i’ll have them’ 🤣🤣
It was my birthday last month, my MIL asked me what I wanted so I said nice pyjamas size 10-12 for after I give birth. Got 12-14 which are too big for me now at 8.5 months pregnant 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

It's Christmas time and here's my present list
Buy me what I want or you'll be meeting my fist. 🌲 🎅 👊

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn't get anything last year. He said he hid it and did it so well he can't find it. I've already had one of this years gifts. I have raynaud's syndrome, I get very cold. While we have this cold spell he gave me one he was saving. Battery operated heated socks, all wired up with a large battery pack flopping around my calves. But they didn't work so he's returned them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I like the idea of buying a really nice advent calendar and distributing the gifts among friends (if that's something you like to do) ...

My moan is about Secret Santa ... I just don't see the point of it all to be honest. I'd rather everyone pool their $20 and we go out for a nice lunch together somewhere.
In one of my old jobs instead of secret Santa for each other we did it for charity. There was a Christmas tree in reception with lots of tags like “10 year old girl” “4 year old boy” ect. And you picked a tag then bought a present for that tag, they were all donated to a local family charity.

Was such a better idea than receiving a random piece of rubbish and the presents actually had a benefit to someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
My former husband came from a large family, he had 9 brothers and sisters, each with partners and children. It was the rule everyone had to go to the family home for xmas dinner which was in three sittings there were too many to all eat at the same time and to give everyone a gift however small. These were mainly whatever everyone could steal from work. One of his sisters worked in an electrical component's factory so we all got plugs or sockets. A few were unemployed so shoplifted what they could. To be fair they were the better gifts.
Brilliant post.
Reminds me of the Gavin and Stacey Christmas episode where Nessa got everyone a tap :)

• Haha
Guys, you need to go quid pro quo with these men. No presents for them if you don’t get any. I wouldn’t be having sex with them any time soon, but that’s just me. What selfish arseholes.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Do any of you buy Lynx for the men in your life? Personally I wouldn't unless they asked for it.
There's a fancier Lynx called Dark Vanilla I think, I get it for my husband as a little stocking filler as he likes to use a cheap aftershave for work
Actually smells amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys, you need to go quid pro quo with these men. No presents for them if you don’t get any. I wouldn’t be having sex with them any time soon, but that’s just me. What selfish arseholes.
If my man didn't get me presents he wouldn't be my man lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Tbh me and Mr Lolz stopped doing presents. When we need or want something we tend to buy it.
Plus Mr Lolz is really crap at buying presents so he had to take me with him 😂

But I actually prefer this. I feel like we have too much stuff and I’m donating and throwing out and selling but I still have so much crap 😭 where does it all come from!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Last year my husband didn't get me anything. Not even a token gift for the children to give to me. He could see I was upset, I don't expect hundreds of pounds spent on me but some socks or pyjamas would have been better than nothing just to show I've been thought about and maybe some appreciation. I do EVERYTHING. He only has to help put the presents out on Christmas eve.
All the presents have been bought and wrapped, all the food shopped for. This year I bought myself some Ferrero rocher and one of those big dressing gown jumper things that the kids enjoyed wrapping so they can put it under the tree and give to me.
I saw him looking at Love Honey last week. I swear, if he gets me something from there, which would really be for him, I will stuff him like a turkey and kill him.
Is it too much to ask to get a thoughtful present? 😕
It’s not too much to ask for something thoughtful at all. I’d rather have something inexpensive and meaningful than super expensive and meaning nothing to me.

I worked with someone who took her other half’s credit card every Christmas & birthday and went to buy herself something. Seemed weird to me but worked for them.

Side note - every year I buy myself something that I really want, or is a real treat. And I love it.

Do the no gift partners still expect something for their birthday, Christmas and Father’s Day?

Have the lack of gifts never been brought up and talked about? Sorry if I sound harsh, but why have they been allowed to get away with it if it’s causing hurt?

It’s not about the price but the lack of thought. The underlying message that you are not important enough to even get cheap petrol station flowers or Poundland chocs? You are the mother of his kids. You deserve so much better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Do the no gift partners still expect something for their birthday, Christmas and Father’s Day?

Have the lack of gifts never been brought up and talked about? Sorry if I sound harsh but why have they been allowed to get away with it if it’s causing hurt?
In my case, he was a violent arse, so no nothing was said. I'm out of it now but took me a long time to get away

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't give Christmas presents, and only accept them from my parents (my mum would be gutted if she couldn't get me anything) but I do give and receive birthday presents. I like birthday presents more, it feels like it's more special to you, or the other person.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do the people who's OH dont give them a gift, buy gifts for the OH's?
Me and my OH don’t do gifts. We did the first few years but just don’t now. Would rather save our money for each other and put it towards something else like for the house or a trip away. He was brought up in a family that don’t celebrate Christmas or give gifts for birthdays so it’s just normal for him to not really be fussed. Saves me some money at Xmas as I don’t need to worry about shopping for him.

Reactions: 4
My gift from work this year was a toiletry bag, but you know how usually there would be stuff inside? There was nothing inside.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I like the idea of buying a really nice advent calendar and distributing the gifts among friends (if that's something you like to do) ...

My moan is about Secret Santa ... I just don't see the point of it all to be honest. I'd rather everyone pool their $20 and we go out for a nice lunch together somewhere.
I stopped doing the work secret Santa, just a waste of money and always ended up with toot. The last and final year I did it, I got a cardboard mini box filled with candy sweets (which I hate). Didn’t bother after that, it just felt like a lazy gift with no consideration put into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm quite happy for my partner to buy me nothing, as long as in return he expects nothing! I cba with thinking of present ideas for him, he just buys himself what he wants during the year, as do I. I'd rather save our pennies and maybe have a night away or something, or a spa break for the two of us instead.

I am going to be a tit gift giver this year. My 3 year old had scarlet fever at the end of November, and has just been discharged from hospital for infected chicken pox, so very little has been bought or wrapped. Amazon Prime is going to have to save my bacon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm quite happy for my partner to buy me nothing, as long as in return he expects nothing! I cba with thinking of present ideas for him, he just buys himself what he wants during the year, as do I. I'd rather save our pennies and maybe have a night away or something, or a spa break for the two of us instead.

I am going to be a tit gift giver this year. My 3 year old had scarlet fever at the end of November, and has just been discharged from hospital for infected chicken pox, so very little has been bought or wrapped. Amazon Prime is going to have to save my bacon.
Give IOU’s. Problem solved 😁

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.