Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Petulant_vlogger

I have posted many times on tattle about my HATRED for dove sets. I hate them. They're boring. They're a clear indication of "I dont know you at all but I had to get you a gift". I just detest them so much. Also i am allergic to nuts. This is all pertinent information.
Now, my brother in law... who I have known for over 5 years. Last year got me a FUCKING PISTACHIO DOVE SET!! I wanted to throw it at him!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 117

SnooperTrooper

Chatty Member
Starting this off. So me and husband said no presents, but I got him some pyjamas, a couple of jumpers, some sweets and some trainers. He literally got me nothing. Luckily I bought and wrapped myself up a box of chocolates as our daughter was really sad that I didn't get anything.
I personally don't understand when people complain that they've agreed no presents and then receive no presents 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 82

TJ90

VIP Member
I already know I’m gonna get something from body shop because my sister in law sells it. I have very sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and can’t really use anything from my normal routine as it’ll just cause issues with my skin. It’s taken me years to find my routine and get it right. She knows this. The whole family knows this. But I guarantee that’s what I’ll open on Christmas morning. I will of course thank her and then I will donate it to a women’s shelter or a charity.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Picklelily

VIP Member
I didn't get a single present or card from my partner or kids. I should be used to this by now as it happens most birthdays and Christmas but it feels like an extra kick in the teeth at the moment. I've been really suffering with my mental health the last couple of months and though I know I'm not worthless, it certainly doesn't go any way to making me feel cared about.

I'm really dreading going back to work next week and being asked the usual "did you get anything nice" and hearing what efforts everyone else's families have made.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

maharini

My OH and I buy each other something to read, something to wear, something to eat and something to share. I don’t really care if I don’t get anything else. In our poorest year - newly married, new mortgage, lost my job in December - I got a copy of Private Eye, some fluffy bed socks like Pandas (my fave bear!) a big bag of maltesers and a bag of logs for the fire. We woke up to snow, stayed in bed almost all day and had one of our best days ever. I won’t mention the Autumn baby. He’s 29 now…..

• Heart
  • Haha

Titntat

VIP Member
Not a shit prezzy but this had annoyed me. BIL who still lives at home always buys my kids shit maybe a £1.50 selection box each. Theres absolutely no thought gone into it, its cheap AF, he earns a very decent wage and is waited on hand and food by our in laws. Some times doesnt bother at all, never rings or texts basically doesnt give a shit about the kids. We never get anything either, again doesnt bother me, as long as the kids get something.

My partner always asks him what he wants, a few weeks before Xmas he sends us a link for a £75 ps5 game 😳. I told him to get fucked, no way are we buying that.

We get to the in laws today, said BIL rolls down after we've been there two hours, opens his gifts from in laws and other various people. Grunts at the kids and goes back to bed. No time or prezzys for the kids.

We get home MIL texts to see where we left BILs game because he's come downstairs and wants to play on it 🤬 So my husband rang her, said were was the kids prezzys, apparently he didn't have time to get them but was planning on getting them something after Xmas, basically escalated into a massive row. My partners in the wrong in their eyes - massive selfish twat.

• Wow
  • Angry

BigMavis

VIP Member
Not a moan really, I found it quite funny. Elderly relative bought us some fancy hand sanitiser except its not hand sanitiser.... its durex play lube. Got it in savers apparently. She has no idea 😂

Sad for those who have had shit gifting experiences, next year be petty.

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Octopies

Chatty Member
I dunno if this is mean of me but it irks me that I asked my SIL what she wants for Xmas and she said ‘money’...

Well so do I 😂 but I was brought up not to ask for it so I end up with random stuff which is very thoughtful / kind but maybe if everyone were honest enough to say they need the money this whole present buying thing (for adults) could stop and we’d all spare ourselves?!

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Macmama

VIP Member
My MIL always buys clothes the wrong size for the kids. Always.

This year she’s outdone herself and bought our 7 (almost 8) year old aged 6-7 clothes. She’s a beanpole but she’s long, so the t-shirt is tiny on her, and the trousers and tights are too short. MIL told her over FaceTime she’d just have to ‘do some extra dance classes’ to fit into it.

Livid isn’t even the word.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 60

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
An aunt gave me a 24 pack of Tampons for Christmas, A nice thought, but not the kind of thing you want to open in front of family members

Moreover, she said that because I am gay I might need "more Tampons" 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

CherryAcid

VIP Member
So I take it back about my friend regifting stuff. Just opened a lip balm she gave me and it’s had loads digged out of it and is covered in fingerprints. 😬

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

mcfeez

VIP Member
I got pressured into Secret Santa at work last year by my boss as there was a real lack of people within our team taking part. At my previous company I took part in SS every year but found I put in lots of thought and effory to my gifts while I always received absolutely disappointing and shit gifts - so decided I wouldn't be doing it at this company.

Anyway got pressured into taking part. On the day of the exchange the organiser was off sick, I also got a message saying my pressie would be late but dont worry, so I knew she was my santa. Back to work in Jan I thought she'd just leave it on my desk at some point - I never ever received the gift!

Worst still, our CEO went out and got a small gift anyway (wine or chocolate) for people who hadnt taken part as he wanted everyone to have something (its small company). Literally ended up being the only person with nothing 😂

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

Clickbait

VIP Member
So my gripe is that last minute (for me - like to have my gifts bought early) I was thrown into having to buy gifts for my partner’s family partly because of his poor communication passing it on. One of them asked me what I’d like which was nice and great as we’ve only met once, and so I said a nice photo frame: something I’d like and would definitely use. Plus relatively non-expensive as you can spend within your means with that.

It seems that what I’ve been gifted is a photo canvas so they’ve chosen a printed photo. There are only 3 photos of me and my partner in existence - put on my FB but I’ve not tagged either of us because they’re selfies and neither of us look particularly great. So I now have a large print that I won’t want to put up: I don’t want to be ungrateful but they’ve paid more money than a photo frame for something I’m very unlikely to want in my home 😫

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Milehammer

This wasn't a bad Christmas present but it really made me laugh. My partner has a habit of misremembering things or inventing things entirely. On Christmas day I opened a gift from him and it was a pair of stripey bee socks which were quite nice and I wouldnt have questioned why he'd bought them for me. He then went on to say he got them as he remembered me saying I had some I loved as a child. For a moment I was confused and then realised what he was actually remembering was the bee tights scene in the movie Me Before You 😂 he felt a right dickhead.

• Haha
  • Heart

ItsEmmie

I tried to not buy anything for one my brothers and his 4 kids after last year but caved last minute and got them all stuff. Bought my other brother and his kid and dogs quite a lots of stuff . I’m vulnerable so alone this Christmas. They picked it up from outside my door, didn’t say thank you or anything and honestly presents mean nothing but the fact they didn’t even give me a card from my nieces and nephews broke me. As soon as I shut the door I burst into tears 😭. Am I just weird or greedy wishing for a card?

Anyway I hope you all have a gorgeous Christmas♥

• Heart
  • Sad

ATV2021

VIP Member
2 months and 10 days until we get to share the fabulous 400 Bayliss sets we received people 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

lemonlime

VIP Member
I don't kow why people bother wasting money on these last minute/random gifts when almost every adult will appreciate a gift certificate or a book token or something they can pick and choose themselves. 😂

I don't mind regifting or receiving something from a friend that is nice but not loved by them. However I have once received a gigantic pink rubber that said "for really big mistakes" on it and I wasn't sure what to make of that haha. I still have it and haven't a clue what to do with it. Maybe I should cut it down to smaller sizes and use it on regular mistakes. :rolleyes:

52-c15db4fc8c7f.__CR529,0,1109,686_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50