Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just 2 weeks until we all flood this thread with gifts....one of mine was unwrapped in a bag. I'm sad to report it says....

Bayliss and Harding on it 😭😆

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wine that I don’t like. I love certain wines - not obscure wines by any means. I like most dry French whites and some Argentina Malbecs - and I drink far too much of them.
I receive endless wine that I cannot drink. Australian reds and fruity whites. Endless stuff that I then have to try and give away.

Reactions: 3
Wine that I don’t like. I love certain wines - not obscure wines by any means. I like most dry French whites and some Argentina Malbecs - and I drink far too much of them.
I receive endless wine that I cannot drink. Australian reds and fruity whites. Endless stuff that I then have to try and give away.
I’m tee total and receive booze, I don’t mind I just regift 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I allways get prosecco which I hate. Why do people assume that all women love prosecco just because it seems to be popular with yummy mums nowadays? In the cupboard under my stairs I have about 4 bottles which are now waiting to be regifted at Christmas 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I allways get prosecco which I hate. Why do people assume that all women love prosecco just because it seems to be popular with yummy mums nowadays? In the cupboard under my stairs I have about 4 bottles which are now waiting to be regifted at Christmas 🤣
I will gladly take them off your hands 😆 not a Mum...just likes to get pissed 🤷‍♀️🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I never buy wine for people either unless I know for sure what they like.

Also a malbec drinker and never ever get it 🤣 I will drink rioja too but nothing lighter.

Reactions: 1
Can I have one? I’m a mum just not yummy though 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m nervous to see what my boyfriend has got me this year, I asked him if he’d started buying yet last week and he said no.
I know for a fact one thing I asked for in September (!) is now sold out and last year he got me a dressing gown, when I already had 2 😫

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Because of the strikes, I've decided against buying anything for Christmas and I don't ever buy myself much anything these days because that's not what the day is about for me, and I am much more disappointed than I should be about having nothing to open. Considering my age I need to get a grip, but I know I'll feel sad and lonely when I see all the wannabes posing with their huge piles of gifts.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Do any of you buy Lynx for the men in your life? Personally I wouldn't unless they asked for it.

• Haha
Why do people assume people want alcohol in general just because I’m in my 20s? We’ve got 2 bottles of vodka in the cupboard that we’ve never touched

Reactions: 10
Why do people assume people want alcohol in general just because I’m in my 20s? We’ve got 2 bottles of vodka in the cupboard that we’ve never touched
My mum works in a supermarket and she always buys the odd flavoured guns they bring out and no one buys when they go down to about a fiver.

I have a cupbaord full of gins that we will probably never finish. We don't drink a lot at home, prefer to go out.

ETA I have asked her not thr buy them but she doesn't listen. She doesn't seem to comprehend that they are cheap as no one wants them!

Reactions: 5
If you bake, buy some vanilla beans and make your own essence. It's way better than anything you buy off the shelf.

For me it's the classic Gift Set Of Items To Do With Something They Think You're Into.

Catch me doing basic garden upkeep once - that's me getting gift sets of gardening gloves, "gardeners soap", flimsy little trowels, seeds that'll never germinate and some kind of impractical plant labels for the next 10 years.

Enjoy the work of a public figure? Brace yourself for annuals, unauthorised biographies, fuckin... socks with them on it, whatever old toot with the person you like on it. I'm not a massive fan or 14 years old, let me have a passing admiration for a singer in peace!

Like a nice spicy sauce sometimes? Get ready to receive gift sets of 10 wee bottles of cheap sub-par hot sauce with hilarious stickers/ names for the rest of eternity.

Worst is saying thank you for a gift once and then receiving it in various forms forever after - my brother has been giving me stuff from one of the Body Shop ranges for like a decade now and I never get through it. I've never bought it for myself or expressed an interest in it. Then other people see you have it or heard you like it and you get more!

MIL saw me have some popcorn once and then gave me a microwave popcorn burner maker, 10 jars of popcorn flavourings, and literally 20kg of popcorn kernels. If I'd eaten popcorn every day it would have taken me 5 years to get through it all. Absolute madness.

If you play an instrument, play a sport, or have a hobby of any sort you'll definitely be gifted a bunch of tacky useless crap to do with that. I'd definitely rather be gifted something mundane & useful and perhaps of a higher quality than I'd have bought for myself than a gift set of poor quality novelty items.

When father's day comes and the shops are full of golf toot, beer drinking nonsense, football crap, etc I feel for the men who then have to feign interest in these gifts, maybe even use them out of obligation for a bit, then dispose of them.
Someone who is actually into golf definitely doesn't need a little set of golf-related stuff from Home Bargains.

In conclusion: save your money and don't give me a damn thing - I'm obviously an ungrateful ole miserybollocks who doesn't deserve it 😂
This is so true, I re pink shoes once and then ex's mum kept buying me pink tops, pink dresses...

The worst was when she sent me Ann Summer style knickers, my eyes nearly popped out at things like crotchless pants, pants with a bunny tail!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m nervous to see what my boyfriend has got me this year, I asked him if he’d started buying yet last week and he said no.
I know for a fact one thing I asked for in September (!) is now sold out and last year he got me a dressing gown, when I already had 2 😫
I love a dressing gown. Regift to me 😂

• Haha
This thread has me howling. I wish people would just ask what shops etc people like and buy a gift card. I genuinely feel a supermarket gift card is more thoughtful rn than a dove shower set…

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.