Christmas present moans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asking this to avoid a moan about said present on this thread 🤣

what would you buy for nursery staff? Was thinking of doing a hamper with biscuits, chocs, tea, coffee etc etc but feel like it would get eaten by office staff rather than the actual staff who work in LO room as they would only be in staff room on break
Looking at individual presents I’d have 5 to get for all the staff who work in room so don’t want to spend loads but also don’t want them to look naff

or have to resort to buying a Dove advent calendar and sharing it out 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Asking this to avoid a moan about said present on this thread 🤣

what would you buy for nursery staff? Was thinking of doing a hamper with biscuits, chocs, tea, coffee etc etc but feel like it would get eaten by office staff rather than the actual staff who work in LO room as they would only be in staff room on break
Looking at individual presents I’d have 5 to get for all the staff who work in room so don’t want to spend loads but also don’t want them to look naff

or have to resort to buying a Dove advent calendar and sharing it out 🤣
I’m having the same dilemma! 4 members of staff at daughters nursery all lovely. I got a big box of foxes chocolate biscuits and tin of quality street but have since thought they cant really eat those at work as nuts in quality street so di I buy another 2 tubs of chocs so they have one each or is that not enough? I have no idea.

Reactions: 2
For the past couple of years I've told my in laws not to buy me anything, I'd rather get nothing than the pile of tat they give me one being a Greyhound calendar!!! WTF! I dont even own a greyhound nor expressed any interest in them! It goes straight in the bin as even the charity shop won't want it. Other crap includes old lady smellies, violet creams 🤢, note pads etc. She's a bit of a hoarder so I think she just gives me crap she's collected over the years. My own parents ask me what I'd like and I always ask for something practical that I actually need or they'll give me money. Why can't people just ask what you want? Especially at this time, I'd be happy with a voucher for Tesco right now!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Just found this thread - hilarious and can’t wait to check it on Christmas Day hahaha!
I ALWAYS get pink gin or prosecco (don’t really like either), pyjamas that don’t fit me or are absolutely vile material and colours. I am actually really easy to buy for in that I’m happy with wine, fluffy socks and dare I say it a dove body set 😂😂😂😂. It is annoying espesh when I always make sure I ask for ideas for what people want.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My former husband came from a large family, he had 9 brothers and sisters, each with partners and children. It was the rule everyone had to go to the family home for xmas dinner which was in three sittings there were too many to all eat at the same time and to give everyone a gift however small. These were mainly whatever everyone could steal from work. One of his sisters worked in an electrical component's factory so we all got plugs or sockets. A few were unemployed so shoplifted what they could. To be fair they were the better gifts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
For the past couple of years I've told my in laws not to buy me anything, I'd rather get nothing than the pile of tat they give me one being a Greyhound calendar!!! WTF! I dont even own a greyhound nor expressed any interest in them! It goes straight in the bin as even the charity shop won't want it. Other crap includes old lady smellies, violet creams 🤢, note pads etc. She's a bit of a hoarder so I think she just gives me crap she's collected over the years. My own parents ask me what I'd like and I always ask for something practical that I actually need or they'll give me money. Why can't people just ask what you want? Especially at this time, I'd be happy with a voucher for Tesco right now!
My mother is the queen of buying pjs that I don’t like, and are 2 sizes too big - she thinks they are comfy… for her, not for me!

My former husband came from a large family, he had 9 brothers and sisters, each with partners and children. It was the rule everyone had to go to the family home for xmas dinner which was in three sittings there were too many to all eat at the same time and to give everyone a gift however small. These were mainly whatever everyone could steal from work. One of his sisters worked in an electrical component's factory so we all got plugs or sockets. A few were unemployed so shoplifted what they could. To be fair they were the better gifts.
Very amused at the shoplifted gifts being better but not surprised 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My mother is the queen of buying pjs that I don’t like, and are 2 sizes too big - she thinks they are comfy… for her, not for me!

Very amused at the shoplifted gifts being better but not surprised 🤣
Listen the shoplifters know how to come THROUGH. 😂😂😂 Specially the bagheads.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I find it so annoying when people that you don’t ever buy for announce they have a gift for you and your kids and can they drop it round. I thought I was done but now I feel obliged to get them something. It’s never ending .

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My MIL bought me size small pj’s when i was 8 months pregnant at Christmas and i’d gained a bit of weight. her response was ’hopefully you can get back in them if not i’ll have them’ 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Mr FoxyBingo insists on buying nieces and nephews untold toys that they don't play with (they are under the age of 8). They are obsessed with phones and sit watching TikTok most of the time. It just seems wasteful to me and quite sad actually. As a kid, I remember being so excited to opening all my toys and seeing what my siblings and cousins had got. Last year the nieces and nephews were back watching TikTok before midday. I don't judge or teach anyone how to parent, it just seems a huge waste to me.

Reactions: 16
The greyhound calendar really tickled me. Definitely located in the reduced section!

I find it so annoying when people that you don’t ever buy for announce they have a gift for you and your kids and can they drop it round. I thought I was done but now I feel obliged to get them something. It’s never ending .
Just best not to worry about getting them back. If the gift was genuine they won't mind.

My MIL bought me size small pj’s when i was 8 months pregnant at Christmas and i’d gained a bit of weight. her response was ’hopefully you can get back in them if not i’ll have them’ 🤣🤣
This reminds me of when my partners mum bought me pj's with 'a little bit dramatic' written on them. My partner insisted his mum mustn't have realised. I wasn't sure if there was a hint I needed to take somewhere 😂 tbf they are quite comfy so I'm still wearing them.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm going to moan about a treat I was buying for myself.

I'd ordered a little shop of food from a French import store based in London. They gave me a delivery date, already delayed a day but never mind, it was coming so I got excited.

Just now got an email saying there was a further delay to the order.

They waited until the absolute last moment possible to tell me so I've told them to sod it (in much politer words!) and have asked for a refund because this happened before and when the goods got to me some of it was out of date and inedible, and it isn't cheap.

This used to be a lovely business to buy from but the incompetence has been appalling lately, and I'm not sure it can be blamed on anything because you can certainly notify someone sooner if something is wrong? I'm done with them now but bitterly disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm going to moan about a treat I was buying for myself.

I'd ordered a little shop of food from a French import store based in London. They gave me a delivery date, already delayed a day but never mind, it was coming so I got excited.

Just now got an email saying there was a further delay to the order.

They waited until the absolute last moment possible to tell me so I've told them to sod it (in much politer words!) and have asked for a refund because this happened before and when the goods got to me some of it was out of date and inedible, and it isn't cheap.

This used to be a lovely business to buy from but the incompetence has been appalling lately, and I'm not sure it can be blamed on anything because you can certainly notify someone sooner if something is wrong? I'm done with them now but bitterly disappointed.
In fairness, a friend of mine imports things from France and she said Brexit has made her job almost untenable. I agree it's tit though.

Reactions: 6
This is an episode of EastEnders and I love it!

In fairness, a friend of mine imports things from France and she said Brexit has made her job almost untenable. I agree it's tit though.
Yes, I'm really trying to not be too much of a spoiled brat, It was just the one thing I was getting for myself after all the strikes had me deciding not to bother ordering online, so it is upsetting. I suspect the business may have had a change of management because comparing the way it's run now to how it was run until earlier this years is like apples and oranges.

Reactions: 4
I don’t see how. No offence but I think it’s just an excuse. We import from Germany and get within days of them sending it

Reactions: 5
The greyhound calendar has killed me off 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Last year my husband didn't get me anything. Not even a token gift for the children to give to me. He could see I was upset, I don't expect hundreds of pounds spent on me but some socks or pyjamas would have been better than nothing just to show I've been thought about and maybe some appreciation. I do EVERYTHING. He only has to help put the presents out on Christmas eve.
All the presents have been bought and wrapped, all the food shopped for. This year I bought myself some Ferrero rocher and one of those big dressing gown jumper things that the kids enjoyed wrapping so they can put it under the tree and give to me.
I saw him looking at Love Honey last week. I swear, if he gets me something from there, which would really be for him, I will stuff him like a turkey and kill him.
Is it too much to ask to get a thoughtful present? 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Last year my husband didn't get me anything. Not even a token gift for the children to give to me. He could see I was upset, I don't expect hundreds of pounds spent on me but some socks or pyjamas would have been better than nothing just to show I've been thought about and maybe some appreciation. I do EVERYTHING. He only has to help put the presents out on Christmas eve.
All the presents have been bought and wrapped, all the food shopped for. This year I bought myself some Ferrero rocher and one of those big dressing gown jumper things that the kids enjoyed wrapping so they can put it under the tree and give to me.
I saw him looking at Love Honey last week. I swear, if he gets me something from there, which would really be for him, I will stuff him like a turkey and kill him.
I feel you with this. Me and my partner have been together for nearly 11 years and he's never bought me a present.
Christmas, birthday, mother's day, nothing.
We've got 3 kids and nothing "from them" either.

So I definitley feel you ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I feel you with this. Me and my partner have been together for nearly 11 years and he's never bought me a present.
Christmas, birthday, mother's day, nothing.
We've got 3 kids and nothing "from them" either.

So I definitley feel you ❤

My ex was the same, nothing in over 17 years. for many many reasons. Im so much better off without him

I am such a happy person now.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.