Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just random AF! He is known for getting everyone strange ornaments, he got my dad a gargoyle, and has got him Golum in the past, and my mum several Eygyptian ornaments, pharaoh candlestick holders and a head of Anubis.
I love it 🤣

Reactions: 4
My Poor Partner... recieved the exact same Barber Club Gift set from his Ex/Stepdaughter as he did last year. I could tell he was a bit miffed, but didn't want to say so in front of his daughter as its not her fault.
Her Mum just puts no effort into his presents, but has no qualms in requestingperfumee/PJs and whatever else from him when he puts put the feelers... next year I don't think he's going to bother and just get her a Lynx/B&H Gift Set! 😂

Also to add his Birthday is January and last year he got the same aftershave that her current boyfriend wears! 🫠😂
I don't understand. If the daughter is a kid/teen, she can do a drawing or something. A gift from a kid doesn't have to be something costing actual money, especially not if the parents are separated.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just random AF! He is known for getting everyone strange ornaments, he got my dad a gargoyle, and has got him Golum in the past, and my mum several Eygyptian ornaments, pharaoh candlestick holders and a head of Anubis.
I got my dad a gargoyle this year! He loved it 😂

One of my kids is diabetic and she's been given Selection Boxes by 3 different people 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My mum once got me and my sister mens aftershave thinking it was woman’s perfume. Obviously didn’t smell it or read the box just must’ve picked it up and bought it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I got a set of lipglosses, 30 of them ! I’m at a loss to know what to do with them all.
I also got one of those wheat bags that you heat up in a microwave, I don’t have a microwave

Other than that, I got books, smellies, money and other decent stuff

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I got a set of lipglosses, 30 of them ! I’m at a loss to know what to do with them all.
I also got one of those wheat bags that you heat up in a microwave, I don’t have a microwave

Other than that, I got books, smellies, money and other decent stuff
Women's shelters take unused make up or you could sell it on vinted.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Curious, what makes you think that?
Again not trying to make it a personal attack on you at all but in the scenario you described I feel like I wouldn't like to receive stuff you've sewn/knitted and then be handed a list of things to buy for you... so I can imagine I wouldn't be able to resist the sarky comments when handing the gifts over either 😅

Reactions: 22
Again not trying to make it a personal attack on you at all but in the scenario you described I feel like I wouldn't like to receive stuff you've sewn/knitted and then be handed a list of things to buy for you... so I can imagine I wouldn't be able to resist the sarky comments when handing the gifts over either 😅
Ah Ok, I've either not written my post clearly or you've interpreted it differently. Also I think making someone custom clothing that takes a few weeks is much more thoughtful than asking for what someone wants and just buying that 🤷

Reactions: 7
Ah Ok, I've either not written my post clearly or you've interpreted it differently. Also I think making someone custom clothing that takes a few weeks is much more thoughtful than asking for what someone wants and just buying that 🤷
I guess it depends on the person. I hate receiving things people made themselves. I’d rather get nothing. Extra painful if a childs made it because you have to ooh and aah over something that looks like a lump of coal

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I guess it depends on the person. I hate receiving things people made themselves. I’d rather get nothing. Extra painful if a childs made it because you have to ooh and aah over something that looks like a lump of coal
Absolutely agree! Tho I find it less awkward when it's from a child

What I love about this thread is it's really interesting to see how differently the same things can be received ! (Feel like that sounds sarcastic but it isn't)

For example one person might say oh I got £20 in a card , so thoughtless , would have rathered a token gift like socks

Next person is like ugh got socks, so boring..would rather the money in a card

And then the difference between people who want to be asked what they want and receive just that, to people that loathe being asked what they want and feel this defeats the point !

I just find it so interesting!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
So I thought being gifted a battery organiser & torch for Christmas was bad enough.
I’ve been gifted a positive covid test!
brilliant!!
2nd time having it & it’s definitely worse this time round.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Another two bottles of Prosecco/champagne from my in-laws who know I’m not a drinker. I’d rather get a pair of socks tbh I’d get more use out of them.

• Sad
I top all of these. My mother in law strikes again..she got me a carrier bag from poundland for Christmas. Said she thought I would like it as it has dog pattern on it!!!!!! We had them here for 5 days, fed, watered etc. Bragged all Christmas about how much is in her bank account. The mind boggles!!!!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Three pairs of socks from an aunt...the ones with separated toes where each toe is a different colour.
Luckily there's a TRAID shop near my work.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Three pairs of socks from an aunt...the ones with separated toes where each toe is a different colour.
Luckily there's a TRAID shop near my work.
Didn't realise they still make these things. I really wanted them as a child, got them, and realised they're the most uncomfortable thing ever 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I top all of these. My mother in law strikes again..she got me a carrier bag from poundland for Christmas. Said she thought I would like it as it has dog pattern on it!!!!!! We had them here for 5 days, fed, watered etc. Bragged all Christmas about how much is in her bank account. The mind boggles!!!!
You win! 🏆 That’s terrible

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just remembered this little…whatever it’s supposed to be from my auntie. I assume it’s supposed to be filled with sweets or something for kids. However this came in a gift bag, empty, on its own. Usually she gets me regifted pyjamas that don’t fit, but not this year. This year just this weird empty pouch 😁

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23