Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I usually get awful gifts from the mother in law, once she gave me one used plastic picnic wine glass. This year she said she wasn’t going to get the grownups anything she was just getting the grandkids which I was completely fine with. How ever she came in with a gift bag for me and inside were a set of black leopard print pjs, a toiletry bag with deodorant, a little mirror and wipes inside and also £10. I’m due to give birth next year and she said she thought they’d all come in hand for when I’m in hospital, such a thoughtful gift for once from her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I got a set of plastic brushes and a comb. I have thick hair & I already own a decent brush. I didn’t ask for them.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
As inconvenient as tit presents can be, at least I get new ones. Who the hell looks at used stuff and wraps it up? This thread has really opened my eyes to the world, I didn’t know it was a thing😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Someone said they or someone in the family had been given an Eiffel Tower light from The Range ... well I've seen it in real life today and oh my goodness, you have my sympathies! It's not exactly something that could be hidden in a cupboard!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I have been given an out of date box of chocolates even though they know I’m lactose intolerant 😂 I know they bought them from the local shop so it’s not entirely their fault. I’m going with it’s the thought that counts 😂

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
My mother-in-law is genuinely upset if somebody doesn’t get her these two items every year🤣🤣
I’m here for chat about the gifts that are the same as the rest of the siblings. We get a bag of gifts from grandparents that we all have to open at the same time otherwise the surprise is spoilt by the rest opening theirs before us 🤣 Who doesn’t love a Home Bargains candle set?
I’m trying to decide if you’ve added “in-law” to “mother” to anonymise yourself because this sounds like my sisters and I! Only it’s our Mum who’s the Cliff fan.

Reactions: 1
My favourite artist in the world is P!nk. My mother knows this and was aware she was going on tour. I haven’t missed a tour in 9 years. But now with the COL crisis and being a single mum I just couldn’t afford to buy a ticket. Assumed my well off mother would step in and surprise me, I even sent her links, her best fiend is going and everything.

Xmas morning I eagerly await the shiny envelope confirming I’m going! She’s done it before and I know she’ll do it this time!

Instead I’m handed a large box. It’s an air fryer

I already have a bleeping air fryer mum. WHERE IS MY P!NK TICKET

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I'd love that!! 🤣
Tbf, I’ve been saying for ages now that I was going to do one. I have terrible Ibs and the more I read about it the more I’m realising i probably have food intolerances, I also cannot use loads of different types of shower gels, shampoos etc without coming out in hives.

Reactions: 5
I’m trying to decide if you’ve added “in-law” to “mother” to anonymise yourself because this sounds like my sisters and I! Only it’s our Mum who’s the Cliff fan.
If you’ve anonymised yourself by using ‘sisters’ instead of brothers, then I’d think you were a family member….although he has a fair few fans by all accounts 🤣

My favourite artist in the world is P!nk. My mother knows this and was aware she was going on tour. I haven’t missed a tour in 9 years. But now with the COL crisis and being a single mum I just couldn’t afford to buy a ticket. Assumed my well off mother would step in and surprise me, I even sent her links, her best fiend is going and everything.

Xmas morning I eagerly await the shiny envelope confirming I’m going! She’s done it before and I know she’ll do it this time!

Do you know how hard it was to purchase an air fryer before Christmas 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Sell the air fryer and buy a ticket 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How soon is too soon to charity shop a present? My partners grandma got me a random huge 100ml perfume that smells of talc. I feel bad when they buy things because they don’t have a lot of money but like to buy things for the sake of gifting everyone a present, but it’s just rubbish that is never used.

Oooh what's it called @hannah123

Tbf, I’ve been saying for ages now that I was going to do one. I have terrible Ibs and the more I read about it the more I’m realising i probably have food intolerances, I also cannot use loads of different types of shower gels, shampoos etc without coming out in hives.

I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and your symptoms are what people with MCAS get. We’re often misdiagnosed with IBS.

Reactions: 4
Someone said they or someone in the family had been given an Eiffel Tower light from The Range ... well I've seen it in real life today and oh my goodness, you have my sympathies! It's not exactly something that could be hidden in a cupboard!
It was my daughter!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oooh what's it called @hannah123
It’s an Agent Provocateur one which I believe is a fancy brand for lingerie, or at least was years ago, but the perfume smells anything but fancy. I’ve googled and there’s so many reviews saying how lovely and amazing it is that I’m wondering if it’s fake. His mum got me a fake Jo Malone candle and perfume one year and another year I got a Chanel perfume that smelt so awful it had to be fake or Chanel perfume fans are just insane. I don’t think his mum knew they were fake because she got her sister in law a Mulberry bag for £60 one Xmas and was adamant it was absolutely 100% real because she’d never buy anything fake for her in laws, it obviously was a fake.

Reactions: 6
Just be careful that the test is decent, I bought a coeliac one online that came back negative and when I went to the GP for the blood test it was off the scale, they'd never seen it so high.

• Wow
Reactions: 6