Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually pleased with my gifts, even from the in laws who got me sweets, chocolate, a candle, and bubble bath. I will need to donate the bubble bath as it contains SLS which makes me itch, but they don't know that.

Today's mission is to see if other people cast offs that i would like have made it onto eBay 🤣

I normally buy /make (don't worry, don't mean to sound like a tw*t but I am a good knitter and sewer) my family really personal and thought out gifts and they get me stuff that just make me wonder if they know me at all! They always ask what I'd like and because I don't ask them and observe them I always say I don't know and forget how rubbish they are at getting presents every year. The last two years I've made a list, given it to my bf and he then chooses stuff off it and gives it to my family. Easy right! Well this year I got what I wanted, yay! With a big side helping of 'wouldn't be what I'd want but here you go' 'don't even know what that is that I got you' 'that's alright yeah?? It's what YOU asked for so...'
I hate it when people slyly judge your choices like that. Similarly to when you're eating your lunch at work and someone asks what it is and then grimaces and says urgh I couldn't eat that. Like WTF, I wasn't offering or asking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So I’ve gotten some more gifts over the last couple of days, lots of food gifts which I can’t eat as they aren’t vegan but they’ll still be used by others in my house, and as they are from people I did not expect gifts from its grand.

My in laws gifted me cash (a significant amount) which is very much appreciated, and hugely unexpected.

Reactions: 13
My Poor Partner... recieved the exact same Barber Club Gift set from his Ex/Stepdaughter as he did last year. I could tell he was a bit miffed, but didn't want to say so in front of his daughter as its not her fault.
Her Mum just puts no effort into his presents, but has no qualms in requestingperfumee/PJs and whatever else from him when he puts put the feelers... next year I don't think he's going to bother and just get her a Lynx/B&H Gift Set! 😂

Also to add his Birthday is January and last year he got the same aftershave that her current boyfriend wears! 🫠😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Don’t invite them next year 😂

Aww bless him. Least you didn’t have to buy any drinks. I think men sometimes are just really bad at gifts. Once my fella was like I’ve got you a present dead excited I was like ooo what is it!! ( it wasn’t Xmas or anything special ) and it was a friggin treee for the back garden 😂😂😂😂.
Hahahahaha no way! 😂😂 Honestly I was baffled because he smashes it every time usually 🤣 I got an engraved bottle of creed for my birthday. It’s our anniversary in a couple of weeks I’m going to buy him something from Le Creuset for a joke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Candles. So many candles despite be the fact I can't burn them because I have parrots (will kill them!) Every year it's the same 😂
I asked for no more candles as I have SO many. Which I love but no room to store. What do I get…. Numerous candles 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Handy if you ever have a power outage.
We have enough to sort our house and a few neighbours 🤣
Honestly I am grateful for them as I love a candle but my little candle cupboard (sounds wanky I know) is full to the brim. My OH can’t cope lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I normally buy /make (don't worry, don't mean to sound like a tw*t but I am a good knitter and sewer) my family really personal and thought out gifts and they get me stuff that just make me wonder if they know me at all! They always ask what I'd like and because I don't ask them and observe them I always say I don't know and forget how rubbish they are at getting presents every year. The last two years I've made a list, given it to my bf and he then chooses stuff off it and gives it to my family. Easy right! Well this year I got what I wanted, yay! With a big side helping of 'wouldn't be what I'd want but here you go' 'don't even know what that is that I got you' 'that's alright yeah?? It's what YOU asked for so...'
I have to say , nothing against you at all, but from the sounds of the situation I think I side with them I'm afraid!

My grandma LOVED Cliff, anything cliff related as a gift was always a winner with her. She passed away in June and this year will be the first year in as long as I can remember that there won't be a cliff calendar hung up in their conservatory 😔 as weird as seeing a different type of calendar will be, I'm not convinced it's such a bad thing. One year there was a picture of him in a salmon suit with his wrinkly chest out and it made me feel nauseous 🤢
Sorry about your grandma ❤ But I read the bit about Cliff in a salmon suit and immediately thought of him dressed as an actual salmon 🐟

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I posted previously about my husband never getting me anything. I actually spoke to him about it and to my surprise pulled out a load of already bought and wrapped (before I'd even said anything) presents he'd been hiding in his work van! My face last Christmas must have given him a kick up the arse. So for once, on my part at least, nothing to moan about here!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I did not get one unwanted, useless or horrible gift. Even my secret Santa was good - travel slippers, mini bottle of fizz and a chocolate orange in a knitted cover so it looked like a Christmas pudding !
Only exchange gifts with DH and our two adult daughters and we all work from lists so we don’t waste money on unwanted stuff
So feeling very grateful 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not my moan but my husbands. He got chocolates while his sister got pjs, clothes and perfume from thier grandma.

Tell me you have a favourite without telling me.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I got this Little Shop of Horrors ornament from my brother:
Amazon product

Lmao 😂 it's so terrible I actually love it, beats getting a Bayliss and Harding set!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I need to know more. Any context for this gift or just random AF? 😆
Just random AF! He is known for getting everyone strange ornaments, he got my dad a gargoyle, and has got him Golum in the past, and my mum several Eygyptian ornaments, pharaoh candlestick holders and a head of Anubis.

• Haha
Reactions: 10