Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've started crafting for Christmas, it'll take me long enough to do that it needs starting now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Where do you find the best places to get Christmas stuff around this time of year? I’ve tried eBay but there’s just so much tat it’s hard to find anything decent!

The other night I was thinking about real tree vs fake tree. I was brought up with a real tree so to me that's xmas but my husband was brought up on fake. My parents when they retired decided to invest in a good quality fake tree as it was easier to put up and it does look nice. I found myself wondering if it would be cheaper and easier in the long run to get one? Any other arguments for an against real/fake trees than below?

For Real Tree
  • Feels like Christmas
  • Different shape and size every year which means different combination of decorations
  • The fresh smell the first couple of days
  • Tradition of going to pick it annually.
Against Real Tree
  • Sweeping up pine needles at the end and they go everywhere
  • Remembering to water
  • Must saw off end of trunk and water it before bringing in - generally more work than fake, have to give thought to timings.
  • More expensive in the long run?
For Fake Tree
  • Can put up when you feel like it
  • Takes less time/effort to put up and take down.
  • Saves money in the long run?
Against Fake Tree
  • Sometimes they're it's too perfect looking - won't feel like Christmas
  • Same shape annually - will it get boring after a few years having grown up with variety?
  • No fresh smell - although that tends to only last a few days unless you go right up and sniff it which I have been known to do!

Reactions: 2
talking of trees though, we got our balsam hill one in june ish with a decent discount, 40% at least. might be worth keeping an eye out for any bank holiday sales if you were thinking of getting one anyway!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Definitely cost effective to get a fake tree, we were spending over £50 each year on a tree. I like being able to put it up early - although with a quality real tree I've always found they last (maybe because we live in an older draughty house) anyway if we buy around 10th December.
Can you get a great fake one and then squeeze a smaller real one in?

I swear this is not my Channel.

---
I like looking at all the gifts.
The other night I was thinking about real tree vs fake tree. I was brought up with a real tree so to me that's xmas but my husband was brought up on fake. My parents when they retired decided to invest in a good quality fake tree as it was easier to put up and it does look nice. I found myself wondering if it would be cheaper and easier in the long run to get one? Any other arguments for an against real/fake trees than below?

For Real Tree
  • Feels like Christmas
  • Different shape and size every year which means different combination of decorations
Against Real Tree
  • Remembering to water
  • Must saw off end of trunk and water it before bringing in - generally more work than fake, have to give thought to timings.
For Fake Tree
Against Fake Tree
  • Same shape annually - will it get boring after a few years having grown up with variety?
  • No fresh smell - although that tends to only last a few days unless you go right up and sniff it which I have been known to do!
I would go with what you can also afford. Buying a new tree each year adds up compared to a fake.

For Real Tree
  • Feels like Christmas
Against Real Tree
  • Remembering to water
For Fake Tree
Against Fake Tree
I like the shape of fake ones, nice evenly spaced branches, real ones tend to be very bushy at the bottom and sparse at the top

Reactions: 3
I'd put the real one in the garden and decorate it and have a fake one in the house. Best of both worlds, and kinder to the real tree.

I spend about £300 on a fake tree my first one after having real ones and am thrilled with it, doesn’t look ‘fake’ works out cheaper over the years, no mess I never thought I’d have one but highly recommend it.

Reactions: 1
It may be warm outside and it is the middle of May but yes I am watching Christmas vlogs on youtube. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
There's a cute page on Instagram, she's got lots of American decorations. She's selling them off 50% to make way for new . Some bargains to be had , am I allowed to say the page ? If anyone is interested