Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please google Temu.
BBC have an excellent expose.
They use enforced labour (people who disagree with the government) 16 hour shifts with one small break and that includes children, living in camps, one room per family.
Oh good God, I never knew that 😳 I had heard of people using the app having their account cleared out so I used it through Google and paid with PayPal. Feel awful now tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh good God, I never knew that 😳 I had heard of people using the app having their account cleared out so I used it through Google and paid with PayPal. Feel awful now tbh.
Don’t feel awful as you didn’t know, and it’s really hard to avoid modern day slavery in any supply chain so pretty much everyone in the country will have done this at some point, but things like Temu/Shein are really easy to spot because it’s impossibly cheap, like buying a crochet cardi for £5 is only made possible by the garment worker earning 20p a day, or worse. If it’s too good to be true it sadly is and it’ll always be at the expense of people or planet :(

A great + ethical to shop inexpensively for Christmas is exploring preloved options! And having a whole 12 months to stumble upon gold 🤞 funnily one of my LO’s favourite presents was a gruffalo jigsaw puzzle book I picked up from a charity shop :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My friend subscribes to all those lovely thick glossy magazines and kindly passes them on to me when she's read them. Today we meet and she gives me a bundle, obvious they're all the Christmas editions, which made me inexplicably sad 🥺, there's nothing worse than a lovely Christmas magazine filled with ideas...after Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My friend subscribes to all those lovely thick glossy magazines and kindly passes them on to me when she's read them. Today we meet and she gives me a bundle, obvious they're all the Christmas editions, which made me inexplicably sad 🥺, there's nothing worse than a lovely Christmas magazine filled with ideas...after Christmas.
but something to look forward to for this Christmas coming ☺
I’m always on Pinterest looking at Christmas ideas

I finally took the Christmas cards down yesterday so now the walls feel so bare. I saw on FB my cousin posted that she was finally taking down her Christmas tree and it was quite crispy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Really recommend christmas.dreamingg on Instagram for year-round cosy Christmas content 🎅🎄

Reactions: 4
we bought a real Christmas tree for outside it wasn't a potted one. its been sitting in sand and water in a wooden planter since the end of November it still looks fab, even though we've had quite a few storms since then. The lights and baubles were taken down on the 4th of January, we bought it from Home bargains for I'm sure £10.95 which was great value considering how much Dobbies wanted for similar.

Reactions: 7
we bought a real Christmas tree for outside it wasn't a potted one. its been sitting in sand and water in a wooden planter since the end of November it still looks fab, even though we've had quite a few storms since then. The lights and baubles were taken down on the 4th of January, we bought it from Home bargains for I'm sure £10.95 which was great value considering how much Dobbies wanted for similar.
Dress it up for Valentine’s Day!

Reactions: 1
Got some things from cath kidston sale site that I’ll give for xmas. 2 make up kinda bags, 2 little gift set things (hand cream, body mist, lip balm, hand sanitiser) and then got myself a jumper and earphones, £40 for it. Cheap so even if I wouldn’t want it myself least I’m saving money 😅

Reactions: 5
Got some things from cath kidston sale site that I’ll give for xmas. 2 make up kinda bags, 2 little gift set things (hand cream, body mist, lip balm, hand sanitiser) and then got myself a jumper and earphones, £40 for it. Cheap so even if I wouldn’t want it myself least I’m saving money 😅
I’m so sorry but I think that might be a scam website 😔 Trustpilot and mumsnet have warnings about not receiving goods and even card fraud 😢 You might want to contact your bank and freeze your card just to be on the safe side!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m so sorry but I think that might be a scam website 😔 Trustpilot and mumsnet have warnings about not receiving goods and even card fraud 😢 You might want to contact your bank and freeze your card just to be on the safe side!
Oh thank you! I will do
---
I froze my card then spoke to the bank. They told me I have to wait 30 days to see if I receive anything. If I do and it’s the wrong item to request a return then wait 15 days and recontact the bank if no reply. It also seems they took £52 not the £40 I thought I paid

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Bumping this because I need a light thread.

I like old stuff- my boyfriend is the complete opposite.

1709455882578.png
1709455977103.png

---
1709456146298.png

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Im collecting gingerbread houses so i can make a little street on our kitchen windowsill. Some are so expensive though 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Should we be spending the next 297 days searching for the things we want for this year's Christmas, as they might be a lot cheaper now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Im collecting gingerbread houses so i can make a little street on our kitchen windowsill. Some are so expensive though 😅
I love this idea and may attempt similar with houses I already have. Thanks for the idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The MinaLima Chamber of secrets book is currently on offer on Amazon for £20.98. It is usually around the £28-£30 mark.

• Heart
Reactions: 2