Christmas 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you get any benefit from those schemes beyond them saving your money for you? Would it not just be better to open a savings account with a bank? My RBS one offers 7% interest, Moneybox have a 5% one. Better in your pocket than there’s who will be sticking it in interest accounts
My benefit is so I can't touch it. If in a savings I'd be dipping in for other shiz whereas with Park, I can't lol

Reactions: 2
I’ve only watched Love actually maybe 3/4 times in my life.

Is it a big Christmas movie for you?

IMG_7025.jpeg

---
It was always Home alone for us as kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have never watched Love Actually 😬

I love, love watching both Home Alone 1 & 2 at Christmas though!

I also love the cheesy Hallmark/Lifetime Chrismas movies where the big city girl goes back to her small hometown for the holidays

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
A lot of the film is a bit toxic when you look at - just my opinion x

Reactions: 9
I used to love Love Actually but I now won’t watch it because of the fat shaming of a slim character. I just adore the scene with Rowan Atkinson packaging the necklace though.
I agree, I don’t think it has aged very well. I know lots of people love it, but I never felt it was very Christmassy? It’s not a favourite of mine. But I’ll still watch it if it’s on the telly.. because it’s Christmas 😂

Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.

Reactions: 2
i read an article that described love actually as a film about men being obsessed with women they’ve barely spoken to and i’ve never been able to view it the same way since 🙃

(it does make me feel christmassy af though 🤣 it has a wonderful soundtrack)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.
Ohhh that’s a tough one. I watch HA1 every Christmas Eve as a tradition, so I’ll say 1 but it’s a tough choosing

I’m stuck in my ways, watch Hocus Pocus every halloween as well 🙈
---
I love this idea of a christmas movie tombola!
Honestly saves me and my OH the ‘what do you wanna watch’ conversation as we are awfully indecisive!

I love both, but I saw Home Alone 2 at the cinema when it came out and was obsessed with it! I'm pretty sure I got the vhs for Christmas the following year, so that one is more nostalgic for me than the first one.

Reactions: 3
On the topic of Christmas movies, if you've not seen it, I highly recommend 'This is Christmas'
It's definitely on Sky/Now and it's just brilliant!

Same I'm gonna try that this year. As you can spend half the night deciding what to watch 🤣
I love the idea but I know I’m one of those where I’d pick a film and be like nah don’t want that one, try again, and do that 10 times😂

I only watched The Holiday for the first time last year and was kinda disappointed, I thought it was okay but loads of people say it’s their favourite, much prefer Love Actually for the romcom Xmas film

• Haha
I love the idea but I know I’m one of those where I’d pick a film and be like nah don’t want that one, try again, and do that 10 times😂

I only watched The Holiday for the first time last year and was kinda disappointed, I thought it was okay but loads of people say it’s their favourite, much prefer Love Actually for the romcom Xmas film
I find after the first 30 minutes of The Holiday I get bored and lose interest. I've only watched it right to the end once and that was enough for me 😊

Reactions: 4
I love the scenery of The Holiday way more than the film itself. Neither couple have any chemistry and the less said about Mr Napkin Head, the better 😒

• Haha