Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
m&s have this wellness box (in store stock only atm) but the products are worth £90 separately - might be an idea to get them in for xmas gifts now, maybe even split up to go with chocolates?

Reactions: 2

CS3919

I totally agree! I usually have post Christmas blues but this one was something else. I cried on the walk up to Aldi because someone was taking their lights down the other day. I love the buzz in the weeks leading up to it, seeing the lights go up, the music (yes I know 🤣) and how everyone seems in a good mood. Then it’s all over in a flash 🥺
I'm literally the same! I start getting really sad when all the lights have gone!

saying that h&m had what looked like pumpkins in at the end of april 😅
eta pic from the halloween thread
View attachment 2969337
I seen what looked like a pumpkin door stop in next on Fri. It was the only pumpkin themed thing but there they were out and proud . Tk maxx last Yr in our town 1st wk in July were putting Halloween stuff out .
Could someone link the Halloween thread please I can't find it 🎃

ATV2021

VIP Member
Do you get any benefit from those schemes beyond them saving your money for you? Would it not just be better to open a savings account with a bank? My RBS one offers 7% interest, Moneybox have a 5% one. Better in your pocket than there’s who will be sticking it in interest accounts
My benefit is so I can't touch it. If in a savings I'd be dipping in for other shiz whereas with Park, I can't lol

I'd like some grinch decorations , I was convinced last Yr would be the yr we'd get some here . I seen the giant grinch costco had , I'd quiet like him . But I mean room decorations , figures etc the US have some lovely stuff we get novelty slippers 😡🤔🎅

There's a cute page on Instagram, she's got lots of American decorations. She's selling them off 50% to make way for new . Some bargains to be had , am I allowed to say the page ? If anyone is interested

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I'd put the real one in the garden and decorate it and have a fake one in the house. Best of both worlds, and kinder to the real tree.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
My tree is still up , although my wreath and other bits are down . I like to put them straight away in the loft when they come down. I can't be bothered yet as I don't really have time so I'll do it on Saturday. I'm not feeling any Christmas magic now , though, I think I'm imover it all.

I still have mince pies and Xmas pud to eat .

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
The MinaLima Chamber of secrets book is currently on offer on Amazon for £20.98. It is usually around the £28-£30 mark.

• Heart

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Looking for opinions on whether or not to take down the huge wreath I made for my front door? It ended up cost me around £60 as some of the bits from the original wreath kit I bought on Etsy only lasted a week so I had to order more foliage from another seller, it a lot of money and I hate being wasteful. It still looks great due to the amount of rain we've had keeping the moss ring damp and it breaks me heart to have to bin it. I'm the only one in the street with mines still up tho and the neighbours already think I'm a nutcase 🤣 should I take it down or leave it up? 🙂

(I've added a pic for reference, it's quite noticeable lol my husband is complaining and saying I should have taken it down last week)
you could try taking out the eucalyptus, ivy and conifer as they will go brown and die off, the blue pine will dry off and turn more silvery blue, you should be able to store it in a black bin bag in a hut if its moss based, if you want to keep displaying it out doors you could use it to suit events or seasons, valentine spring easter summer halloween etc

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Same here. I've started feeling guilty for sending them. Actually started feeling like I'm being abusive sending them!
I decided to wait and see who sent me one this year. I was well down on last year. Not sure if it's the cost of stamps or that people are generally fed up.
I was thinking next year of sending a few eCards. I started doing it for a few people's birthdays and they seemed to latch onto this straight away with no age bar.
I do ask people when I remember if they still would like to do cards, as I don't want to pressurize them, but generally I get no answer.
I think its the cost of postage stamp's that are putting peeps off, A lot of people prefer to put out a social media Christmas message, or donate to charity,

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I've noticed a couple of attractions are keeping their festive events open until this weekend. All the crap weather must have hit them financially.