Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kelly123

VIP Member
Everything is down and packed away 😔. The hoover cylinder is 50% glitter.

Does anyone else like to count their cards? We're way down on previous years, I blame school and their eco policy this year. I do like to be environmentally friendly...but then I do like cards too!.
I got three cards this year 😂 from my mum, sister and niece

Reactions: 1

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I work in a bank and sadly this happens all the time, report to your bank, if a debit card was used they will tell you to wait 15 days incase anything turns up, if a credit card was used it’s 30 days, so I would call them sooner rather than later within that 15 day period :)
I phoned today as it was 30 days since the refund email. They are looking into it but might need more evidence. I realised the email was in the spam folder so was deleted automatically after 30 days so now I don't have that as evidence. I have one which they said they'll check if they can cancel it with the sender and if so will process refund. Just not the email with them saying I'll get a refund in 5-30 days. I also didn't receive anything

coconochanel

VIP Member
I've never had any problems with my EB mugs but I don't put mine in the dishwasher I wash them by hand.

My Christmas cake was a bit odd this year. I made the Jane's Patisserie one. When I had my first taste weeks later there was a burst and fizz on my tongue and a taste I couldn't put my finger on. I knew it was the liquid so lemon juice or the rum.
I got another opinion and they thought "a bit Carribeany". I dug out the rum bottle as it had quite a bit of rum in the cake and it said it was Carribeany rum, but I thought rum came from the Carribbean? 🤷
Anyway, a few weeks further on it's delicious but not my idea of Christmas cake. 😁😋
Sounds delicious 😁

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Not 100% the same thing , with a countdown but I love this couple.

---
This one too:

Last edited:

Nosymum

VIP Member
I spend about £300 on a fake tree my first one after having real ones and am thrilled with it, doesn’t look ‘fake’ works out cheaper over the years, no mess I never thought I’d have one but highly recommend it.

kelly123

VIP Member
we bought a real Christmas tree for outside it wasn't a potted one. its been sitting in sand and water in a wooden planter since the end of November it still looks fab, even though we've had quite a few storms since then. The lights and baubles were taken down on the 4th of January, we bought it from Home bargains for I'm sure £10.95 which was great value considering how much Dobbies wanted for similar.
Dress it up for Valentine’s Day!

JSquared

VIP Member
I love watching the cleaning for Xmas or Xmas food shop vlogs. I don’t know why, I find them so relaxing and get me more excited for Xmas when the time comes than most other vlogmas activities
Yesssss, these are my favourite ones too. Food ones may be my fave lol

JSquared

VIP Member
I love this idea and may attempt similar with houses I already have. Thanks for the idea.
Some lovely inspiration on Pinterest. I’m going to go with less is more gingerbread house wise and add other little bits alongside them to make it look more street like. All ideas welcome!
Otherwise I will be bankrupt 😅

Carefree

VIP Member
I have a whole heap of EB items, especially Christmas things, and haven't had any problems with them. That said, I haven't bought any recently so wonder if they've cut corners on quality but not pricing.

JSquared

VIP Member
It's very handy. I have a DD setup for like £20 a month so don't hugely notice it and then get my vouchers sent October/November each year.
Shame I can't nudge my referral link but lists my name 😆😆
I may start that but for next year.
I am struggling not being organised in terms of buying but I have lists what to buy people at least.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I work in a bank and sadly this happens all the time, report to your bank, if a debit card was used they will tell you to wait 15 days incase anything turns up, if a credit card was used it’s 30 days, so I would call them sooner rather than later within that 15 day period :)
Ohh great thanks it’s just over 15 days I think so I’ll give them a call. It was a debit card and they told me I had to wait 30days but that was before they said they’d refund me and cancelled it

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I do and I got fewer than ever this year! I’m really tempted to just stop but then they are the only contact I have with some folk .
Same here. I've started feeling guilty for sending them. Actually started feeling like I'm being abusive sending them!
I decided to wait and see who sent me one this year. I was well down on last year. Not sure if it's the cost of stamps or that people are generally fed up.
I was thinking next year of sending a few eCards. I started doing it for a few people's birthdays and they seemed to latch onto this straight away with no age bar.
I do ask people when I remember if they still would like to do cards, as I don't want to pressurize them, but generally I get no answer.