Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Ah thank you, I will look into this! 🥰
It's very handy. I have a DD setup for like £20 a month so don't hugely notice it and then get my vouchers sent October/November each year.
Shame I can't nudge my referral link but lists my name 😆😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3

coconochanel

VIP Member
Step daughter is wanting mini everything so I'm buying a few travel minis every payday to put in her stocking because I know if I don't buy them now won't be any. Plus better for both of us I don't fill her stupidly big stocking with snacks like last year 🫣
Where are you getting the minis from? SpaceNK do good minis.

ATV2021

VIP Member
In the past the problem with these Christmas saving clubs is that they’ve gone bust. Leaving those who have saved without any compensation.

Not sure if they did introduce any safeguards,
But you can save individually into an account yourself. Get topcashback too if you buy gift cards.
---
Tbf that was nearly 20 years ago and since then Park and another signed up to the Christmas Prepayment Association which means that it would be easier to get money back if they did go bust - whereas Farepak etc didn't have anything like this back in the day. It's essentially a trust with individual trustees etc

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
I placed a (hesitant) order with Temu recently and it arrived this morning. I ordered some scarves, bags, a figurine and other little bits as add on gifts for Christmas. I'm over the moon with everything, the quality is amazing and the prices were pretty reasonable as well. Might be worth a look for anyone looking to spread the cost over the year.
just keep an eye on your bank as i've heard of some people having issues with stolen card details!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Anyone else got any more dirty Christmas based secrets to confess. 😂🤣😂

Mine are relatively innocent 😇

I confess to eating Carribbean Christmas cake and also accidentally watching a Christmas movie....

• Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
I won a gift set in a raffle. I was going to give it as a gift for Christmas but the packaging doesn't look the best. Do you think if I wrapped each item plus some other bits it would be alright?
hampers are always good for this stuff, also have organza bags on hand for things like travel minis to dress them up a bit!

Lalla

VIP Member
For everyday I bought this set from M&S. Then added four mixed Cornishware bowls. Think the same would work for a Christmas dinner setting. You don’t need everything in the Christmas design and can use the basic ones as a base.

View attachment 2973806
Thank you for this idea - I do already have a lovely plain cream dinner set (inherited from my parents) which is so nice that I only ever use it at Christmas or other special occasions. This was another reason why I dithered over buying the Spode set previously. I think rather than buying a full on Christmas set, I might try and pick up a few Christmas plates and dishes to use alongside it, that way I get the best of both worlds :)

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
It’s my guilty pleasure, I can literally watch like 10 in a row of people walking me through pigs in blankets, carrots, quality street, like I’ve never done a food shop before😂😂 not Christmas related but similar vein, I love the American “I did a $5k grocery haul” cause they live in the arse end of nowhere and only go shopping twice a year, it really scratches a part of my brain
ooo I need to look for that video!
I used to enjoy Zoe Suggs blogs before she had kids. I know she’s annoying AF sometimes but she knew how to do Christmas for sure

chapterthree

Oh, I've found my people again. 🤩

I can buy presents any time of the year if I see something I know someone would appreciate.

I buy my cards and wrapping paper in the Dec/Jan sales. Got them already. Bake my cake in October. Write cards in November ready to post 1st December. Put decorations up 1st and 2nd December. It takes me two days - say no more. I "enjoy" the main prezzy shop on Black Friday, and wrap them early December.

The Xmas food is ordered in November for collection on 23rd Dec.

I just lurve Xmas, can you tell 😂
I’ve pasted this into a note so I can refer back to this. Sounds like a great timeline!

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
I want to buy a few vintage baubles and thought this time of year might be able to get them cheaper

View attachment 2874927

What are the ones that look like haemorrhoids supposed to be?
I mean, including the haemorrhoids, lovely selection there. I was SO mad my grandparents had thrown all theirs away at some point over the years when we cleared their house.

peekachu

Chatty Member
Sadly out of stock where I live but good tip!
Oh no! I must’ve been lucky with my local store having stock (for once!) There’s some other cheap Christmas bits in the clearance too, lots is out of stock for me but it’s worth taking a look!

We’re putting our tree and decorations away this weekend (reluctantly). I always hate how empty it feels afterwards 🥺

duckdinner

VIP Member
Since we are on the discussion of movies which does everyone prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2? I think I prefer HA 2.
I love both, but I saw Home Alone 2 at the cinema when it came out and was obsessed with it! I'm pretty sure I got the vhs for Christmas the following year, so that one is more nostalgic for me than the first one.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Depends on if you mean in boxes in the shop or unpacked on the shelves. I was walking round huge piles of boxes in The Range awaiting unpacking for weeks last year. 😁
Then the garden centre I like roped off huge swathes of the place for weeks for Christmas displays, where nothing much seemed to be happening.
It got so it wasn't worth going in as there was nothing to see and no experience. I can get food and a drink at home!
I mean on the shelves. Yes The Range were quite slow at getting their stuff out on the shelves last year.

Nosymum

VIP Member
The decorations have been down for about a week now, but we've only just got around to moving all the living room furniture back to where it lives for 11 months of the year 😅

After moving the sofa, we found 3 tubs of mini cheddars, twiglets & the cheese Christmas trees as well as a box of M&S "outrageously chocolatey" biscuits that I apparently hid behind the sofa for Christmas 🤔🤣🤣

The Christmas snacking recommences!
Those biscuits are elite!