Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm spending Xmas eve and morning alone, so any tips to make it less miserable would be appreciated please
If you can, treat yourself. Run a bath, pop on a facemask and load a few movies or tv shows you love. If it's economically feesible, why not book in for a night at a lovely hotel? I did it a couple of years back and had a Christmas Day massage which was heavenly.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm spending Xmas eve and morning alone, so any tips to make it less miserable would be appreciated please
First of all treat and pamper yourself like royalty you deserve it, indulge in things you love, they don’t have to be expensive. Home made snacks, or bought ones set out on your favourite plates/bowls, chocolates, a nice bottle of your favourite drink, it doesn’t have to be alcoholic. If you have any hobbies….cooking, painting, mixed media, up cycling, sewing etc set yourself a little project to keep yourself busy, or maybe take up a hobby if you haven’t one. Have some lovely fragrances in the background from a candle, or aromatherapy oils. Put on some joyful music, or a podcast, or even something to sink your mind into on TV, or perhaps a book. And take yourself out for a wander if you’re able, I love seeing the beautiful decorations in other peoples homes as I walk around my village.
I’m so sorry you’re own your own at that time I have been there myself, although I quite enjoyed it being stress free. But I really do appreciate it’s very difficult for many, especially at Christmas time being on their own xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What would you guys put in a useful xmas Eve box
i try and think about it as what they'd use throughout the day, even if you're giving on xmas eve they'll have chance to use it in groundhog week
  • mug w hot choc sachets and marshmallows
  • nice bubble bath or shower gel - if i have a beauty advent i'd raid that for minis
  • hair mask or face mask
  • mini votive candle or tealights - yankee do some nice xmas scents
  • pjs and/or fluffy socks
  • a box mix for baking - did this for cousins with allergies but just festive cupcake cases and sprinkles from home bargains
  • xmas tree ornament - i usually use them as gift tags to keep
  • book - reading, puzzle or colouring but might need to get pencils too
  • alcoholic drink - mini bottle or cans but baileys would go w the hot choc
  • scratch card
  • snacks - nice biscuits / mini panettone / mince pies
  • maybe a £10 just eat or deliveroo voucher too depending on budget

make yourself an xmas eve box! no rush to enjoy it all and include some little craft activities

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've been spending Christmas Day on my own for years now and the best thing about it? Just doing what I want when I want. The dog gets walked whilst I'm in my new Christmas pajamas. I then make a coffee with Baileys before popping open the bubbly and having proper Bucks Fizz. Beyond that, I just go with picky bits. No schedule. No *must have white sauce* panic. If anything, it's the one day a year I'm just let to my own devices and it's great.

Maybe look at it as a change of pace and lean into the freedom of it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m after some advice, my work have organised and booked the Christmas venue already for this year, but rather unfortunately for me it’s at the same place I got married 😖 (I am now divorced) which doesn’t bring back positive memories my question is should I go regardless or avoid? My feeling is that it will only bring me unwanted thoughts/feelings as our split wasn’t my decision

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m after some advice, my work have organised and booked the Christmas venue already for this year, but rather unfortunately for me it’s at the same place I got married 😖 (I am now divorced) which doesn’t bring back positive memories my question is should I go regardless or avoid? My feeling is that it will only bring me unwanted thoughts/feelings as our split wasn’t my decision
No point in going if you're not going to enjoy it, just tell them you won't be able to attend

Reactions: 6
No point in going if you're not going to enjoy it, just tell them you won't be able to attend
Thankyou for replying it’s a real shame as I do love my team and I did mention to a couple of colleagues that I may not go and the reason I don’t want people to think I am being silly it would just bring back bad memories

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don't go if you know it's not a place of happiness and being with work won't be much of a help, I wouldn't say.

Also, I meant bread sauce, not white previously. I've had to run the Christmas Eve gauntlet for my mother's partner who won't have turkey without it. He's in his 70s and still acts this way 😳

Reactions: 3
It depends if you want to change the narrative. You may make some great new memories there, but you may also get overwhelmed and have a terrible evening. Maybe see nearer the time.

Reactions: 4
Don't go if you know it's not a place of happiness and being with work won't be much of a help, I wouldn't say.

Also, I meant bread sauce, not white previously. I've had to run the Christmas Eve gauntlet for my mother's partner who won't have turkey without it. He's in his 70s and still acts this way 😳
Thank you gonna give it a miss! And no I wouldn’t enjoy it at all

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Go for an hour like you said you have a great team. Have an excuse at the ready if it doesn't feel right, have somewhere to go afterwards. Like a friend who doesn't mind a "might pop by I might not, I'll bring a bottle". If you enjoy yourself you can stay and your not missing out on something you didn't need to after all.

Reactions: 1
My best xmas for the last few years was Xmas 2020. Home alone, had a xmas dinner delivery (some places near me still do it so check the carveries out - why cook!). Stayed in xmas PJs all day, watching crap xmas films, having a beverage (usually have to drive somewhere so can't) or 12. Could open presents and pull faces at the questionable items without fear of offending. I am a xmas nut and very, very used to solo life 🤣 but I had the actual best day.

Plus you can message me whenever and I'll try be entertaining 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For people who lives alone or even if you don’t and want some surprises , People sell unwanted wrapped gifts on ebay so you could purchase a few of them and have surprises on Christmas Day 😂 I’ve never purchased any I just seen a newspaper article about it and had a little nosy , i dont know if i would be a little wary tho , 😂

Reactions: 8
Hi everyone would love to join this thread!! Iv always adored Christmas time, I was dreading it this year as we will have a 20 month old and he is going to rip my tree apart 😂 but after finding this thread you have all reminded me why I love it so much!!

Unfortunately for me there won’t be much family time thanks to selfish parents and in laws!! But luckily we made our own family. Three kids will be wild Christmas morning 🙅🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.